Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 4,712

Thrillho

@Voltan If there was any vagueness to it then I almost certainly won’t have the PS5 version then knowing my luck..

And it’s just me with the vertical console then

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Mine’s vertical too! Just sits below and to the right of my TV because mine sits on a high coffee table.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TraCuz-

@nessisonett Ahh I love Astro I recently just got the Plat for it, just a wholesome game. It's unbelievable the difference between Fifa PS4 and PS5 is staggering, and it's just the beginning of this generation!

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

nessisonett

Playing The Pedestrian now, which is really quite brilliant. I love a good puzzle game and this has a nice soundtrack and lovely graphics, along with lots and lots of mechanics being introduced at a steady pace. It’ll probably come on PS Plus at some point!

Voltan

Oooh, I forgot about Pedestrian, wanted to get that.... buuuut since I already got tons of stuff to play, it can wait, maybe there'll be a sale.

Voltan

Thrillho

Oh man, I think my PS5 is screwed..

I finished Fallen Order so thought I'd give Astro's Playroom a go. Shortly after starting the game HARD crashed and turned the console off completely. It turned back on and gave me the "naughty naughty" warning for not shutting it down properly.

Tried the game again, got a bit further, same thing happened, and now the console won't even turn on.

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho oh no :/
That happened to me once but only once (and I had mine since launch) and I generally don't experience many crashes.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Thrillho Oof... that’s a kick in the teeth. I hope it fixes itself but it looks like you got a lemon there if it won’t even turn on. The good thing is it’s under warranty but I wonder how long it’s taking Sony to get consoles repaired and back to people given the shortages.

The only thing worse than not being able to find a PS5 is buying one that breaks.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution I don’t see it resurrecting now. I’ve done all the cable swapping, long power button holding etc and still nothing. At least it looks like it uploaded my Fallen Order platinum as the final act of it’s too short life.

The PlayStation website has disclaimers all over it that it is taking longer than normal. GAME will only do refunds so I’ve not got much choice but to go to Sony unless I want to go through the lottery of getting hold of another one.

@Voltan I was pretty worried after the first one (weird it didn’t do it at all with Fallen Order) but it is certainly dead to the world now 😢

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Oh jeez, that’s terrible. Mad to see how different our consoles are, build quality wise, considering we got them at the same time. Hopefully you get it sorted.

Th3solution

@Thrillho It must have been possessed by an evil Sith force during Fallen Order.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@nessisonett Did you get yours from John Lewis in the end?

I’m most gutted because I’m on leave all of next week so it would have been perfect timing for me to have it!

@Th3solution if only the light had turned red before dying

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Yep, there was a drop and I just got incredibly lucky. The funny thing is that I made it to checkout with John Lewis all the way back in November!

Octane

@nessisonett Half the PS5 consoles you got were pieces of paper, I wouldn't say that's a great track record of getting high quality consoles!

Sony should step up their game.

Octane

Thrillho

@R1spam It won’t do anything at all, I can’t even turn it on to safe mode.

Thrillho

R1spam

@Thrillho it absolutely sucks!! My first ps5 had to go back to Very because of constant crashes for refund. Hope you find another soon

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Yeah that is not good! Hopefully you can get a replacement sorted. Have you kept your ps4?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I still have my PS4 and thankfully ignored my wife’s calls to box it up once the PS5 was set up

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho The morale of the story is never listen to your wives! That was one of my fears when I got the console that it would break down. My main fear was the Yodel driver nabbing it for himself! Thankfully none of those things happened.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic