Forums

Topic: Is Sony having much bad news or are just people trying to make PS5 seem like a bad console?

Posts 101 to 120 of 479

Voltan

@Shepherd_Tallon First $60 PS games were in 2005, before the PS3.

Tbf that only reinforces the argument that it was overdue, IMO

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Voltan

From the PS Blog:
Untitled

This is good but I already pre-ordered the PS5 version and it was €10 extra. Now what?

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

LtSarge

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/09/horizon_forbidden_wes...

And this is why you should always voice your opinions. People keep saying that they're tired of negativity, but guess what, that negativity has now suddenly turned into very positive news. First they kept the PS3/Vita stores open and now this. Sony is clearly listening to consumers and people should never forget this going forward.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

@LtSarge no one said we shouldn’t speak up… and I don’t think anyone thought the initial decision regarding the PS4-PS5 Horizon Forbidden West upgrade passage (or lack-there-of) was anything less than a terrible decision. The sentiment you seem to be referring to is more to do with the general reaction from PlayStation gamers to the consistent stream of nothing-burger news stories prior to that.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LtSarge

@colonelkilgore There were tons of people on the original Horizon article stating that there's no point in complaining, not to mention all the people saying that people should stop being negative. Well apparently being negative led to something positive!

LtSarge

Shepherd_Tallon

@colonelkilgore 😊 Thank you.

@Voltan And there you have it. 🙏 I've said it elsewhere, but I didn't think they'd reverse that so soon.
I expected them to listen, as they did with cross platform and the legacy stores, but I thought it would be for future releases.
But this is great news.

@LtSarge Some people did have that sentiment, but I think the people in this thread were more lamenting the way commentors were dismissing each others opinions, while also saying that if you don't like what's on offer then don't buy it at launch as it's the best way to make Sony listen.

"It's been my lifelong dream to operate a drill a hundred times bigger than me!"

PSN: Shepherd_Tallon

LtSarge

@Shepherd_Tallon Totally get that, but as you just saw there are other ways to make Sony listen. Moreover, some people seem to think that those who complain about these things are just being "negative" and should stop being that. I've even seen comments from this recent article about how they hope people will now stop being negative. That's missing out on the whole point of this, i.e. we complain because we want Sony to do better, not because we like being negative. Sony reversed their stance on the whole upgrade thing because we were "negative". That's why everyone should call them out whenever things like this happen regardless of your opinion on the matter. Because as you just saw, everyone benefited from people complaining. We wouldn't have benefited at all if people just accepted this.

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

@LtSarge I just think we currently live in an age where people just want to complain... ALL THE TIME. Of course there are times when a vocal opposition is appropriate (PS3 & Vita store closures, HFW upgrade fiasco etc.) but if you just complain all the time, the valid times to complain will simply get lost in the mix... and won’t be listened to, then no one wins. Its akin to the Boy who cried wolf.

So far there has been two legitimate cases for the PlayStation user base to stand up and be vocal... Sony listened both times. The others are just cases of media hysteria 'grooming' casual clicks.

**** DLC!

LtSarge

@colonelkilgore I don't agree with that at all. Sony has been making a lot of poor decisions throughout the past year and most of the complaints have absolutely been legitimate. I think you're generalising a bit right now.

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

@LtSarge that’s fine, every single person on the planet has their own viewpoint and are perfectly entitled to it. I’m just positing mine in an open forum… about PlayStation gaming.

As I’ve stated previously (in respect of all the other ‘news’ stories I consider superfluous at best, incendiary at… well second best) Sony are still offering the best value for money (when equating quality-to-premium) gaming experience available. Have they made mistakes? Yup, the two we’ve discussed (imho). Yet even if I were to agree with your perspective about all of these other cases of ‘customer-malfeasance’ (and I don’t… in case you missed that part), I would still be left with one fundamental pillar of why I game… and that’s to play the best games.

So, as I’ve also stated on numerous occasions… even though I wholeheartedly agree that the PlayStation populous should indeed make their opinions known as and when it is called for, (imho) Sony are still offering the best available gaming experience out there. So while people are cosying up to Microsoft due to their customer-friendly services, yet raising-the-roof every-time Sony makes-a-buck… maybe those same people should have been raising hell that Microsoft has done little-to-nothing for them in terms of games FOR OVER 10 YEARS.

**** DLC!

Shepherd_Tallon

@LtSarge Oh I completely agree. If we're not happy with something they do we should absolutely let them know, because so far it's worked every time.
Cross platform
Legacy stores
And now cross gen upgrades

It's worked every time.

But for myself, and speaking only for myself, my issue is when people are over the top about it.
I'm still unhappy about not having a disc with the super expensive versions of Horizon. I mean I've ordered the Regalla edition because I just couldn't say no to it. Have you seen the price?
For that money there should be a disc with my name on it.

But, I'm not going to go to the comments calling for Jim Ryan to resign, or condescend to other commentors because they don't agree with me.
What I did do was go over to the PlayStation blog, leave a comment saying how excited I am for the game, and that at the same time I'm disappointed that there's no disc.

For my part I'm trying to be constructive with my disappointment, but without being outraged or furious, and without being dismissive or disrespectful of someone else's opinion.
That's the negativity some of us are speaking of. And that kind of negativity truly is exhausting. It sucks the fun and joy out of being part of a gaming community.

Edited on by Shepherd_Tallon

"It's been my lifelong dream to operate a drill a hundred times bigger than me!"

LtSarge

@colonelkilgore I apologise for bringing this up. It wasn't my intention for this topic to get to this point. I'll be bowing out of this discussion and won't be mentioning these kinds of things in the future.

LtSarge

Shepherd_Tallon

@LtSarge Nnooooooooooo, don't go.
These debates are always interesting when folk keep their heads.

colonelkilgore

@LtSarge no need to apologise… and I encourage you to discuss whatever you like. What I would say (and we can all be guilty of it… yes me too) is that you came in with real righteous-indignation yesterday… and then you re-entered today with a ‘wagging-finger’ as if to say “I told you so”.

It’s fine, I don’t take offence like many these days,.. but I will have my say, so be prepared.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore To be fair, he basically said something was bad and then the next day Sony agreed. I definitely wasn’t expecting Sony to turn face that quickly so I think he deserves at least a little ‘I told you so’!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett and I agree (and did agree prior to the PlayStation u-turn) on that particular point… what I don’t agree with is that @LtSarge (and many other bandwagoners) think everything Sony does these days is a crime against humanity.

**** DLC!

LtSarge

@colonelkilgore That wasn't my intention, that's just the way I talk. I wasn't addressing anyone specific, which I feel like a lot of people in this thread thought because I jumped right into the discussion without specifying who I was talking about. So that was my bad.

I'm not good at these sorts of things and people have stated before that I have trouble interacting with people, which is true. So I don't want to get into any trouble and I feel like the best way for me is to just talk about other stuff.

If there's one thing I've learned over the past year, it's that some people just can't change. I've been trying to become better for many years now but fundamentally, I'll always stay the same. So I hope that you can bear with me because I'll most likely cause more issues like this for you and other people in the future but you can be sure that I'll try to prevent that to the best of my ability and I will apologise for any discomfort that I cause.

I value friendship more than arguments, which is why I prefer to just avoid these things altogether. I don't care about discussing certain things if it's only going to lead to situations like this. I'd rather discuss other things like Game of Thrones or Resident Evil, stuff that we enjoy talking about. I hope you understand.

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

@LtSarge seriously it’s fine, even though I come over a little harsh (I was born and raised on a South Wales council estate during the 80’s miner’s strike… it comes with the territory) I actually enjoy conversation and debate. I am extremely opinionated though… and ‘maybe’ (well more probably than maybe) I can be too hard on people.

We’re fine dude… and I’m a happy to discuss anything you want, offer you friendship… and even an apology if I’ve offended you (it wasn’t my intention honestly). Don’t let my opposing opinions diminish you for one second 👍

**** DLC!

trev666

my biggest annoyance with the whole thing is the consistency Sony should have thought all this stuff trough before the ps5 was even released and come up with one clear policy for all their games and made it clear from the start rather than making it up as they went along.

I will give props to Microsoft they before the series X came out made it perfectly clear what the upgrade path would be for all their games

trev666

Sorry, this topic has been locked.