Forums

Topic: Gran Turismo 7

Posts 581 to 600 of 639

Th3solution

@KAIRU after going around it a few times in my Bugatti I was starting to really appreciate it.

Speaking of the Tomahawk, one of my complaints for the game is I wish that there was more opportunity to use the supercars in the base game. I own some of these 1000+ PP cars as a novelty to mess around with, but without significant downscaling, there’s virtually no actual races that you can use them in. Even putting comfort soft tires, max ballast, and max power decreases I can’t get to a point where I can drive them to actually race with them.

The other annoyance is that the electric cars are also essentially unusable for any meaningful races because they lose battery power after one or two laps. So I have these really expensive blistering fast cars that are mostly for ornamentation and joy riding.

Maybe I’m missing something though. It’s a minor quibble.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Th3solution @KAIRU I was going to do it this week but couldn't find out when that track was unlocked. If everyone has access to it then I will definitely run a TT on it, just need to find a "good" car to couple with it.

render

render

@KAIRU I'll need to include bonus points for the most airtime 😆

render

MB81

@render I may be mistaken but I think the Ferrari Vision GT may be available to all players at the end of December. If you answered the quiz question you get it December 15. Could be a fun time trial!

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

Mr_B021

@MB81 I think the Ferrari VGT is only free for players who correctly answered the last question in the viewers gift campaign.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

render

@MB81 I think you had to answer that last question like @Mr_B021 said but if everyone has done that then we can definitely use it for a TT. Has the closing date passed for that yet?

render

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - results week 20

Hey all. This was a big week. A newer track to GT7, and one that we've used a few times now on the Sunday races was bound to throw up a few interesting times. So this week we had a big upset...

Making up the top 3 positions we have...

1st 🥇: @TripleGK 1:32.501
2nd🥈: @Kairu 1:32.858
3rd🥉: @JudgeDredd 1:33.021

Congrats to TripleGK for that time, which was enough to just enough to keep Kairu off the top spot before he grabbed himself a 5th one in a row.

Here's a roundup of the rest of the times:

4th: @nitram2k11 1:33.960
5th: @MatthewJP 1:33.977
6th: @Mr_B021 1:34.121
7th: @Abarth_71 1:34.166
8th: @render 1:35.129
9th: @MB81 1:36.995
10th: @Th3Solution 1:38.599

Awesome job by everyone again, and I'm already looking forward to the next one. In fact I might even do Atlanta unless anyone doesn't have access to that track. Let me know if you don't and I'll look for an alternative.

render

MB81

I feared the worst after setting my time and it indeed came to be. Awful!
@TripleGK congrats on taking top spot off of Kairu.
@render thanks for setting these up every week. Seriously loving doing them. I wish there were better time trial features in GT7, really pales in comparison to Forza 7 where you can see your world, region, and friend ranking, and even race against anyone in the world’s ghost.

In other news I finally got my S License with all gold! I thought the last one at Spa would be impossible, but I read a tip to turn on all driving aids and it was like a cheat code! Done in less than 30m.

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - week 21

Hiyaaaaaa! A quick reminder for anyone that hasn't taken part yet, each week I pick a different track and car combination - hopefully one that we've all got from playing the campaign or one that isn't too expensive from the used car or brand central dealers and we then see who out of all of us can set the fastest lap with it using the TT mode on the specific track. It's open to anyone from novice to seasoned players and is just a bit of fun with the only prize on offer being the feeling of smugness knowing that you've beaten your fellow Push Square forum members.

I was going to use this last week but couldn't work out of we all got the track as part of the update. As it turns out it looks like we do so welcome to Atlanta. I've kept with the theme of buying from the used car dealer again just to add some variety, the difference being that this one will have more than 4 gears and some handling.

Track: Road Atlanta
Car: Subaru Impreza 22B-STi '98
Settings: Default settings sheet (if you think you might have changed settings just create a new sheet)
Tyres: Sports Hard
Time of day: 16:00
Method:

First grab the car from the used car dealership. If you have one already then feel free to use that, just make sure that you've reset it back to standard if you've applied any tuning parts to it.

Untitled

The idea is to go in blind, no practice using the track / car combo before hand and no restarting - this is going to rely on everyone being honest as there's really no way to police this. Any day Monday to Thursday this week go to World Circuits, select the track followed by Time Trial -

Untitled

Select the specific time of day -

Untitled

Select the car and tyres -

Untitled

You've got 5 laps to put together a solid lap time. Once you've crossed the line on the 5th lap exit the time trial and take a screenshot as per the example or just record your time:

Untitled

Then either upload the image to Twitter or another sharing service e.g. imgur.com and post the link here or just post your time in a message, whichever method suits you best and whenever you like. I'll then gather all the times up and publish the results on Friday.

Good luck!

render

MatthewJP

Untitled

1:36.518

Edited on by MatthewJP

PSN: mpquikster

render

Forgot to post mine as well. A 1.36.687 was the best I could manage.

Untitled

render

MB81

Here’s mine, a terrible 1:43.051! Just couldn’t get to ‘grips’ with the car!
In other news, I won my first Sport mode race! Really enjoyed Dragon Trail this week.

Untitled

Edited on by MB81

Th3solution

Untitled

1:44.132

Am I even driving the same car as you all? 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

By the way, I can’t remember who it was but I tried turning on all the assists on the last license and I still can’t clear it. I’ve tried about 20-30 time and actually only able to finish the course once, and my time was several seconds out of bronze qualification. This is ridiculous. I know my skills are bad but… am I missing something?

Th3solution

@JudgeDredd Thanks for the confidence and you were right — After I posted that, I watched a guy on YouTube give turn by turn instructions as he beat the gold time by several seconds. After watching that, I tried again and after about 15-20 more tries, I actually beat it, and fairly comfortably too! Almost got the silver time! I actually don’t know if the YouTube video really helped at all, but maybe subconsciously I integrated some of his advice. The other thing that probably did help was I went into that track and drove around it about 10 times on a dry track just to remember what the course felt like and how the turns feel on dry tires. I was so skittish about wet braking, throttling, staying away from the puddles and edges, etc that I wasn’t paying attention to the apex and sharpness of the turn. So regaining some confidence and familiarity with the track helped.

But it was still sooooo frustrating. I’d venture to say that S-10 license is worse than almost any Souls boss I’ve faced. Worse than any Returnal challenge room. I must have easily poured 5+ hours into that one test. I re-did the first couple turns so many times it was driving me insane.

MB81

@Th3solution congrats on clearing it!
Do you mean with a bronze medal?

If you’re going for golds, here is what I did.
I did the track in circuit experience (many of these are harder than the license tests.) I also wrote down the braking points and speeds for each corner, as I have a terrible memory.
After I cleared the circuit experience with gold, I knew the track like the back of my hand.
For S-10 I had all driving aids on (usually I just run ABS) with traction control on 5.
Follow the demonstration carefully and note down where they brake.
Turn on the demo ghost with an offset of 0.2 or 0.3.
Feel free to pause mid lap to check your list of brake points.

Completely over the top way of doing it but it worked for me as a mediocre player!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic