Forums

Topic: Gran Turismo 7

Posts 601 to 620 of 639

Th3solution

@MB81 Yes, just a bronze but enough to get the S-license and finish off the trophy for all licenses. I don’t think I’ll go for all golds, although I think I have all golds on the first two licenses already. But these later ones look tough and I don’t think I have that level of commitment. I’m impressed you could do it, even with the tactical approach you took. Some of them are really hard! But doing the circuit experiences is a great idea to train for it if I ever do.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - results week 21

Hiyaaaa. Thanks for the last minute entries from @Th3solution and @MB81. I knew there was a reason I forgot to publish the results last night. That track is a really great addition to the game. The initial S's section feels great when you get into a good flow. I don't know about the rest of you guys thought but I think I failed to do that pretty much every lap but one. The car was way more of a handful than I imagined but one good thing about it was that it was good at getting back onto the track after viewing the scenery.

So the results are in...

1st 🥇: @Kairu 1:34.516
2nd🥈: @Abarth_71 1:35.361
3rd🥉: @JudgeDredd 1:35.641

Another top result for Kairu but strong results for Abarth and the Judge nailing a second podium finish in two weeks (perhaps it's just me but I can never say two weeks without hearing the line from Total Recall in my head).

Here's a roundup of the rest of the times:

4th: @Mr_B021 1:35.773
5th: @nitram2k11 1:36.105
6th: @MatthewJP 1:36.518
7th: @render 1:36.687
8th: @MB81 1:43.051
9th: @Th3Solution 1:44.132

Good job people, top results all round. Next week I'll take a break from the US as we've done that two weeks (heard the line again there) in a row. Catch you all next time.

@MB81 Nice work on that sports win and @Th3solution good job on that licence test. I remember struggling with that one myself but nowhere near as much as the hairpin bend at Suzuka. It's a great test of skill though and when you get it right does easily feel as good as beating something in a souls game.

render

MB81

Noticed you boys were on pretty late last Sunday. May be able to get on for a few laps if you’re still about after 11pm UK again.

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

MB81

Good race last night chaps, will definitely be joining again whenever I can.

MatthewJP

@MB81 great you could join for a while and to have another international flag on the grid. You could probably tell from the 3 restarts and general lack of skill, we don't take it too seriously

PSN: mpquikster

MatthewJP

@KAIRU @Render - that's a Christmas film for the festive season. The Lactating Snowman

PSN: mpquikster

MB81

😂 I think they had a similar conversation during the world finals in Monaco!

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - week 22

Hi there! Week 22 here we go. A quick reminder for anyone that hasn't taken part yet, each week I pick a different track and car combination - hopefully one that we've all got from playing the campaign or one that isn't too expensive from the used car or brand central dealers and we then see who out of all of us can set the fastest lap with it using the TT mode on the specific track. It's open to anyone from novice to seasoned players and is just a bit of fun with the only prize on offer being the feeling of smugness knowing that you've beaten your fellow Push Square forum members.

I thought I'd return to home turf this week and pick a track we haven't done yet or hardly ever go near. The last time we raced this track on a Sunday I seem to remember sitting in the middle of a field in a Tomahawk crying! Again this car is available from the used car dealership but not for long, only 3 days so grab it while you can.

Track: Goodwood
Car: Nissan Sileighty '98
Settings: Default settings sheet (if you think you might have changed settings just create a new sheet)
Tyres: Comfort Soft
Time of day: 19:45
Method:

First grab the car from the used car dealership. If you have one already then feel free to use that, just make sure that you've reset it back to standard if you've applied any tuning parts to it.

Untitled

The idea is to go in blind, no practice using the track / car combo before hand and no restarting - this is going to rely on everyone being honest as there's really no way to police this. Any day Monday to Thursday this week go to World Circuits, select the track followed by Time Trial -

Untitled

Select the specific time of day -

Untitled

Select the car and tyres -

Untitled

You've got 5 laps to put together a solid lap time. Once you've crossed the line on the 5th lap exit the time trial and take a screenshot as per the example or just record your time:

Untitled

Then either upload the image to Twitter or another sharing service e.g. imgur.com and post the link here or just post your time in a message, whichever method suits you best and whenever you like. I'll then gather all the times up and publish the results on Friday.

Good luck!

render

MB81

The last chicane at Goodwood gave me nightmares during circuit experience. I’ll give it a try!

Mr_B021

Untitled 1:31:585 Not great, but not as bad as I expected. Can’t imagine they actually race with that chicane in place, that would be suicidal.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Th3solution

I guess I was too slow (kinda like my racing skills) and missed the opportunity to buy the Nissan Sileighty. It wasn’t there, even on Wednesday when I checked before the update dropped. So you rascals are going to have to duke it out for last place this week in my absence! 😛

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Th3solution Ah bad luck, I was using the online checker and that said it had 4 more days on it when I looked on Sunday. I guess that's not entirely accurate then but will make sure I pick cars with 5 or more days next time so we all get the chance to get hold of it. I'm not sure how much duking out there's going to be judging by that time from @KAIRU 😅

render

ArcticBlue

So I have just trying to install the latest update but when trying to install I get the following error, "CE-100095-5 something went wrong" and it cannot install the update, Gotham Knights installed fine, anyone have any ideas what the issues might be.

PS5 is hardwired into the router.

ArcticBlue

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - results week 22

Hiyaaaa. I never did like Goodwood, and I still don't. There's something really bizarre about the track, like it really does feel like you are just driving around a field. And then there's that chicane which is basically just some concrete blocks dumped in the middle of the track. I've made a mental note to not return so hopefully I will actually remember that.

So the results are...

1st 🥇: @Kairu 1:30.242
2nd🥈: @JudgeDredd 1:30.900
3rd🥉: @Mr_B021 1:31.585

That was a close one from The Judge, if only it was a 1:29.9 that would have killed it. Better luck next time.

Here's a roundup of the rest of the times:

4th: @MatthewJP 1:32.291
5th: @render 1:32.630
6th: @Abarth_71 1:33.055
7th: @velio84 1:35.074

Sorry to those people that didn't buy the car in time. I will make sure that I only pick ones that have got a good length of time left on them at the dealership. Have a good weekend and catch you for the next one.

render

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - The Christmas Special

Ho ho ho! It's the Christmas Special here we go. A quick reminder for anyone that hasn't taken part yet, each week I pick a different track and car combination - hopefully one that we've all got from playing the campaign or one that isn't too expensive from the used car or brand central dealers and we then see who out of all of us can set the fastest lap with it using the TT mode on the specific track. It's open to anyone from novice to seasoned players and is just a bit of fun with the only prize on offer being the feeling of smugness knowing that you've beaten your fellow Push Square forum members.

So the usual rules are slightly different this week. Instead of one track we are going to TT on 3 tracks, one from each region, and combine the times from all three tracks to create your fastest overall time. The car is another from the used car dealer but this time round it's not a boat you'll be navigating around these three tracks. The car should be available for the next 7 days so plenty of time to get it bought. Also as it's 3 tracks we'll be doing I'll give you a few more days so try and let me know your times by Christmas Day at the latest.

As an added bonus this week I'm running a Christmas Livery competition which I'll post about separately so please check that out too.

Tracks: Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A Reverse, Dragon Trail - Gardens, Autopolis - Shortcut Course
Car: McLaren MP4-12C '10
Settings: Default settings sheet (if you think you might have changed settings just create a new sheet)
Tyres: Sports Hard
Time of day: 18:30 (BM), 9:30 (DT), 07:00 (A)
Method:

First grab the car from the used car dealership. If you have one already then feel free to use that, just make sure that you've reset it back to standard if you've applied any tuning parts to it.

Untitled

The idea is to go in blind, no practice using the track / car combo before hand and no restarting - this is going to rely on everyone being honest as there's really no way to police this. Any day from today to Christmas day go to World Circuits, select the track followed by Time Trial -

Untitled

Select the specific time of day -

Untitled

Select the car and tyres -

Untitled

You've got 5 laps to put together a solid lap time. Once you've crossed the line on the 5th lap exit the time trial and take a screenshot as per the example or just record your time:

Untitled

Then repeat the above for the next track -

Untitled

Using the specific time of day -

Untitled

And finally repeat for the last track -

Untitled

Using the specific time of day -

Untitled

Then either upload your images to Twitter or another sharing service e.g. imgur.com and post the link here or just post your times in a message, whichever method suits you best and whenever you like. I'll then gather all the times up and publish the results either on Christmas Day or Boxing Day.

Good luck!

render

render

Push Square GT7 Christmas Livery Challenge

Ho ho ho, it's me again. So as an added challenge this week I thought it would be fun to run a little Christmas Livery competition. It's open to anyone even if you don't take part in the FLC or the Sunday GT nights. The idea is simple, just create a livery for any car that you like with a Christmas theme. You can create some decals to use if you are really serious but feel free to just use any available in the showcase (there's quite a few as I checked).

Once you've applied your design to a car just take a screenshot of it in a scape or even on track e.g.

Untitled

Then either upload your image to Twitter or another sharing service e.g. imgur.com and post the link here. I'll give you until Christmas Day and then I'll open the vote up to the community to pick a winner.

Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas!

render

Kuromiano

Most excellent idea render-san. I created a christmas themed car of my choice and I submit the pictures here.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Kuromiano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic