Forums

Topic: Gran Turismo 7

Posts 561 to 580 of 639

Kuromiano

Absolute disgrace...
I hope it doesn't snow in the mountains over the weekend as that's where I'm going AGAIN!

Kuromiano

Th3solution

@Kuromiano You and me, buddy. We’ll go off into a secluded and isolated training retreat and then come back next week and take away the pole! That, or maybe we sabotage all their fuel tanks with sugar.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MB81

Pretty happy with my position. I’m at the level where it takes many more tries than 5 to put in a good lap. Doing this contest will help me improve I think!

Great Manufacturers Cup yesterday, Drumont will definitely be a champion, if not this year then soon.
Grand Final should be good.

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

render

@KAIRU Who's this Talent guy? Sounds like he's maybe a bit above our level?

render

MB81

I can sometimes play on Sunday, unfortunately because of my region, it would afternoon in the UK.
Absolute scenes in the grand final, real drama.

Edited on by MB81

render

@MB81 Watched the last few laps of the grand final. There's easily as much controversy in GT7 as there is in real world racing events 😂. Be great to see you on a Sunday if you could make it.

render

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - week 20

Howdy ya'll! A quick reminder for anyone that hasn't taken part yet, each week I pick a different track and car combination - hopefully one that we've all got from playing the campaign or one that isn't too expensive from the used car or brand central dealers and we then see who out of all of us can set the fastest lap with it using the TT mode on the specific track. It's open to anyone from novice to seasoned players and is just a bit of fun with the only prize on offer being the feeling of smugness knowing that you've beaten your fellow Push Square forum members.

We are heading to the US again this week for a bit of a change from the last few weeks. I've kept with the theme of buying from the used car dealer but there should be 4 more days left on this beast so plenty of time to grab it, and even better it's cheap. I'm also hoping that everyone has access to the track as it was one added later. From looking around it might be unlocked by reaching a collector level of 17 so hopefully everyone is there.

Track: Watkins Glen - Short Course
Car: Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
Settings: Default settings sheet (if you think you might have changed settings just create a new sheet)
Tyres: Comfort Medium
Time of day: 19:45
Method:

First grab the car from the used car dealership. If you have one already then feel free to use that, just make sure that you've reset it back to standard if you've applied any tuning parts to it.

Untitled

The idea is to go in blind, no practice using the track / car combo before hand and no restarting - this is going to rely on everyone being honest as there's really no way to police this. Any day Monday to Thursday this week go to World Circuits, select the track followed by Time Trial -

Untitled

Select the specific time of day -

Untitled

Select the car and tyres -

Untitled

You've got 5 laps to put together a solid lap time. Once you've crossed the line on the 5th lap exit the time trial and take a screenshot as per the example or just record your time:

Untitled

Then either upload the image to Twitter or another sharing service e.g. imgur.com and post the link here or just post your time in a message, whichever method suits you best and whenever you like. I'll then gather all the times up and publish the results on Friday.

Good luck!

render

render

@KAIRU I decided to save that for another day so don't worry it will get its chance.

render

render

@KAIRU Only if you give everyone a 30s head start 😉

render

MB81

Man this was tough! I’ve been doing license tests and circuit experiences recently in high speed cars, this thing felt like a tank in slow motion.

Not happy with my lap time, span off on two laps and never really nailed everything.

1:36.995
Untitled

MatthewJP

@MB81 yet to do mine. The first corner is always tricky in decent cars, so not looking forward to this one

PSN: mpquikster

render

@MB81 @MatthewJP @KAIRU Oh this thing really is a boat. I drove it quickly last night after buying it and just knew it was going to be a real... well you know. I thought being as it had challenge in the title I might as well make it just that 🧐

render

MatthewJP

Untitled
1:33.977

Edited on by MatthewJP

PSN: mpquikster

render

@TripleGK @KAIRU This car definitely looks better than it drives which is probably the only reason anyone ever bought one.

render

render

@KAIRU It's lacking on the flaps front though

render

MB81

Presents arrived today from the World Champs. 2m credits and I could buy this beauty (towards the Three Legendary Cars trophy).
Started playing online too. Need to be more consistent but man there are some dirty drivers about!
Untitled

Edited on by MB81

Th3solution

Not sure why my capture upload didn’t work today, but my time was a pathetic 1:38.599

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

Mine isn't much better. There was only one lap that I managed to get it to gather on and the rest I just ended up pushing too hard and going way off line...

Untitled

render

Th3solution

@render Yeah, I knew I could go much faster around the corners, but I kept pushing too hard. One lap was particularly dismal when I cut that zig-zag area straight and ended up with a penalty reset for cheating it too drastically. 😅

I did end up trying the new track (Michelin something or other, I think) and it was pretty good, if not similar feeling to some of the other tracks. And I also answered the last question on that event and hoping to have won that fancy new vision concept car!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic