Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 681 to 700 of 793

CJD87

@nessisonett Curious as to how you're finding DeS after beating ER?

I did it the other way round, and was relieved at a lot of the QoL improvements that ER employed... particularly in regards to bonfire/grace placements!

I remember that the gauntlet run back to Tower Knight from the nearest bonfire was nearly as tough as beating TK!! Remember being very thankful that ER always had a grace point right outside the boss 'door'

CJD87

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yep I had one of the endings for Elden Ring spoiled for me when I was looking at trophies. One of the reasons why I've not bothered with them much since.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@CJD87 Mostly just find it an utter annoyance as if it’s doing it on purpose. I’m perfectly fine with the game being hard but the way it forces you to run to the boss arena every single time which is usually miles away even with a shortcut does my head in. I’m stuck on Armour Spider at the minute and the run is almost as bad as the boss, even using the lift.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

CJD87

@nessisonett Good luck with the Spider, this was a huge block for me... but afterwards the remaining bosses weren't too bad.

Yes the runs back to the bosses are pretty obnoxious! Good luck though, still nice to experience 'where it all began' for FromSoftware. Not to mention, it still remains (IMO) the most gorgeous game available on PS5

Enjoy!

CJD87

kyleforrester87

I heard a lot about the runs back to the bosses but I really never found them to be a problem. Seemed like a couple of minutes each time? Probably the most annoying was the journey to the final one for reasons that I won’t spoil.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 A couple of them were quite bad I thought, one of them on the stormy level sticks out. Until you figure out to equip the Thief ring so the bloody mantra rays don't spam you so much.

I imagine after playing Elden Ring it would take some adjustment too.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 It might just be that the worst ones are the bosses I’ve been attempting. 1-2 and 2-1 are both really annoying in that sense.

nessisonett

Thank Christ the spider is dead. What a boring boss. Slash slash walk the long walk back to avoid the oil. Repeat.

LN78

@nessisonett Could of just stayed at the back of the arena and spammed the bugger with arrows. That's what I did.

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 I honestly haven’t used a bow in any Souls game. I found them a bit fiddly in an older one and haven’t touched them since.

CJD87

LN78 wrote:

@nessisonett Could of just stayed at the back of the arena and spammed the bugger with arrows. That's what I did.

@LN78 Snap...!

CJD87

MaulTsir

So the vanguard killed me like 6 times! I know that I'm more than likely suppose to die but I really want to kill him to see what I get!

This is definitely a lot slower in combat than bloodborne so a little bit of a shock to the system at first but after a bout 2 hours of play I'm finally starting to get the hang of it, all the while getting my but kicked by everything and everyone lol, but graphically this game is so stunning and I'm finding my self just running around checking every nut and cranny to see what it has to offer. So far so good, I know they'll be challenges along the way but yeah I'm enjoying it.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir What class/build did you go with?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

@Th3solution I went with the Temple Knight mate, I know alot of people say start with Royal but I did a bit of research and the Temple Knight sounded more to my style, I try my best not to get spoilers and but I do use a few tips here and there. I feel like being relatively new to Soul's games I wouldn't stand any chance at all with the odd helpful push in the right direction lol.

Seen as there's a second playthrough needed for the plat I'll probably try a caster type second, but I'll use a definitive walkthrough for that to get trophies and find out things I never had a clue about like side quests and such.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Sounds like a good plan. There’s definitely a high amount of replayability to this game, just like Bloodborne and all the FromSoft games.

I used a build guide from Fextralife when I played, and yes I did go with ‘easy mode’ of Royal Class. 😄 Mainly it helps in the opening hours due to access to magic early on and staring with the MP restoration headgear, but after a handful of hours everyone will have access to those things and they become less of an head-start.

Temple Knight does look like a nice well-rounded class though. So likely you’ll be able to take advantage of basic casting at some point. If nothing else, at least to get some of the spells that restore health and whatnot.

Looking forward to reading more about your journey. Like you, I’m glad to not have played Elden Ring yet, and I think you’ll enjoy this more without having the expectations of the quality of life improvements it brought.

I alluded to this in the other thread, and likely you’re already starting to figure it out, but the world tendency can adversely (or advantageously) affect your playthrough. Dying in physical form shifts the world you’re in toward black, so enemies become a little harder and a little more numerous the further toward black that you go. Moving toward a white world has the opposite effect to make things a smidge easier. So personally, I chose to play most of the game in soul/spirit form so that my repeated deaths didn’t shift the world. Having HP regenerating spells and items made that a more achievable task, since soul form nerfs your max HP. For me it was worth it not to face the powered up demons in the blacker WT.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@MaulTsir I would recommend dying to vanguard as you are supposed to. I don't think what you get is anything that special, and you most likely won't be able to even use it until you level up your stats considerably.

I wouldn't worry too much about world tendency at this early stage, as there are pros and cons for each side. Just play with whatever feels comfortable to you, and then if it does get a bit difficult or easy, you can always take steps to change it.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

MaulTsir

@Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder Thanks for the sound advice guys, sorry for the late reply busy weekend!

I did manage a few hours this weekend and well what I will say is so far my experience has been basically learning that the game if definitely different to bloodborne lol Combat is much chunkier and slower, the tougher enemies seem well tougher, I've came up against the first red Knight and only through pure determination and stubbornness did I manage to over come him, only after I beat him did I learn there was a pretty simple cheese to kill him lol

I'm finding this game harder that's with out a doubt but I'm actually weirdly enjoying my time with it and I seem to find my self constantly wanting to get back in even though I'm getting my behind kicked mabye I'm a gluten for punishment or something.

I've spent enough time now in the first area after the nexus and opened up a shortcut found a ring that upped my hp and I'm about to take on the first "real" boss, I've played this whole part in Soul's form which seems to have little to no consequence of dying where as if I was in human form it would I believe?

Anyway in short getting battered but enjoying it!

Edited on by MaulTsir

MaulTsir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic