Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 781 to 793 of 793

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman hey buddy, good to hear that your making some solid progress with Demons Souls and hope that you’re enjoying it.

Been playing a few things from the ever-growing backlog… currently have Dragons Dogma and Rage. DD is great fun (if a massive grind for the plat) and Rage is decent too. Starting my run at the Resident Evil series next month (for halloween) so pretty excited to finally give that series a proper go.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Well done, Slayer of Demons! Flamelurker was one of the toughest bosses in the game for me. He was quite aggressive and could close in really quickly. I had to resort to some similar cheese methods to get him down but it took me a handful of tries.

It seems you’re really well equipped and powered for this stage of the game. There’s really only about 3 bosses in the remainder of the game that I struggled with as much as him, but people just find some bosses harder than others. Look forward to hearing more of your progress!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I am planning on taking on the Vanguard Demon next, as he stands in the way of me and my Adjudicator's Shield. Any tips? I know I could probably just run past him but it's probably more fun to kill him, haha.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

I see that you succeeded already with Vanguard Demon. Nicely done. I was going to suggest trying to stay behind him, as I recall that to have been the best strategy. But it’s been a while so I can’t fully remember.

Which boss/level is your next target?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman How do you feel about the World Tendency mechanic? It’s curious that From never went back to that. I think it has its merits, but overall i found it frustrating to deal with. So much so that i just played almost all the game in soul form so I wouldn’t shift the world toward black each time I died.

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Yeah, I felt similarly to you during my current playthrough, I've been suiciding in the Nexus in order to keep PWW going in all the worlds I've visited thus far. Just unlocked the shortcut to False King Allant, to avoid the dragon on the bridge, gonna stock up on Full Moon Grass now prior to the "final" battle haha.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman False King Allant is really tough if you don’t cheese him. Good luck. I played as a mage and so it was fairly easy and I used some cheesey techniques with poison and just keeping my distance. Once he was weak enough I do think I went in for the finishing blows up close, as I recall. But if you face him head on, be ready to dodge and learn his attack patterns.

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @Jimmer-jammer .Actually guys, he, unfortunately did whoop me on my second attempt and drain away one of my "hard-earned" levels haha😂 But I have found a much more lucrative farming spot in 1-4 now, so, after getting my level back I will be farming up to 50 strength. As, yeah, his hitboxes are insane. I had 34 strength and was wielding the DBS two-handed with Curse Weapon, but to no avail, I was still doing little damage so, yeah, I think the extra 16 levels to hit the softcap for Str will be required in order to take this bad boy down.

Sol, I made the mistake of fighting him on the stairs and, yeah, like you said, if you don't cheese him somehow or learn his attack patterns/ dodge properly he can be a real mf. But ,yeah, 50 strength with all the other strategies in place should hopefully do a lot more damage to him. Glad you enjoyed your Christmas by the way, those chocolate-covered fruits sound excellent.

Jimmer, sorry to hear you fell off Alan Wake II, welcome to the club, besides games like the Souls games, Uncharted series, God of War (2018) and the Witcher 3 and other various RPGs I have fallen off loads of games in my gaming history, but , yeah, hopefully Lies of P will be a much more complete experience for you.All the best to you with family stuff. Glad you had a good Christmas

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I wouldn’t say I’ve fallen off of it - it does a lot of really interesting things! It touches brilliance in many ways but unfortunately, it’s just been a Jekyll and Hyde experience for me. The game just cannot get out of its own way and to top it off, I’ve dealt with a litany of bugs and glitches. Two particularly annoying ones hit me in the last quarter: I couldn’t interact with the item I needed to upgrade my inventory and I’ve been stuck with the “R2 Ignite Flair” prompt plastered in the middle of the screen, unable to be removed. A real immersion breaker in a game like this.

Glad to hear your Christmas went well and it sounds like you’ve got a solid plan in place to deal with Allant. Any new years plans?

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer I might even level up more than that! I don't know right now, like @Th3solution was saying, he's a really tough boss, and I just love the idea of taking him out in a few hits with an extremely powerful build. I'm sorry to hear that your Alan Wake II playthrough was ruined by what sounds like some extremely inconvenient game-breaking bugs.

What did you mean by "the game just cannot get out of its own way" out of interest?

Nothing special planned for New Years probably just have a nice drink to celebrate it, hope to see some family in the early days of the New Year as well. You?

Oh, and did you start Lies of P yet? What's it like? I've heard good things about it.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman Nice! There’s always something exciting to me about a new year. Like a psychological reset.

Yeah, him and Flamelurker have given me the most trouble. Good luck! Hope he goes down without too much trouble for you.

AWII is an audio/visual triumph well worth experiencing but I feel the game strapped onto it is aggressively mediocre, actually working against itself in many ways. Like a super sleek and sexy car with all the features you can imagine but the engine constantly backfires, it slips out of gear and the ECM tends to go haywire. If you’re interested, I put on my critic hat and offered my perspective over in the reviews thread in more detail.

Haven’t started Lies of P yet but I’ll be sure to let you know what I think as I gather my thoughts!

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer I think I may end up leveling Vit & Str to 99 to make Allant and the rest of the game a cakewalk. Just the way I play these games. Even though it can take an age unfortunately. But I am netting about 6,000 souls per farm in about 2-3 minutes so I don't think it will take as long as it would in less lucrative farming spots of course.

Could you post a link to that review? I don't know how to find it on here.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic