Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 401 to 420 of 793

Nei

@kyleforrester87 I had to try like 20 times - and I was on the verge of smashing the dual sense a couple of those times but I’m fine! FINE I TELL YOU! Now good luck with your boss! Noe I actually hope to play all these games sooner or later

@colonelkilgore Thank you!

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Off the top of my head, Dead Space 1 and 2 are the only games I can think of which gave me a similar feeling. There is a section in Dead Space 2 in particular which builds the tension really well, it almost feels like someone is screwing into your head with a corkscrew.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 If I remember correctly, don't you have to get in close and whack his balls? 😂

@Feena Well done! Yeah the prison can get creepy, especially if you play it late at night with headphones! 😱 The next area in that world... gets a bit weird lol.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder yeah, it’s pretty difficult reaching his balls from behind but he tosses you off with his big hand if you try to whack him off from the front so you just have to dig in. Things got messy but it came to a conclusion in the end!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 But what happened in Darks Souls 3?

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder playing through Dead Space 3 at the moment (making slow progress if I’m honest as it’s taking a back seat to Remnant from the Ashes). I plan on getting around to 1 & 2 eventually too, so I’ll now be expecting some genuine chills 😉

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I never did get round to Dead Space 3 as I was put off by the tacked on multiplayer and microtransactions. Won't that be a bit weird playing them out of order like that? Especially in terms of the story, as I believe they follow directly on from each other.

kyleforrester87

Dead Space 3 is a huge let down after 2... but I do have a soft spot for it. I’m planning to replay 2 and 3 as and when I get an Xbox (unless I can somehow play them on PS5 without streaming them before then).

Dead Space 2 is my favourite PS3 game. DS1 is really good but I’m less fussed about playing through it again.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yeah it’s not ideal mate, it’s the same reason I’m playing the Metal Gear Solid and Assassins Creed games out of order too... concern that if I leave it any later the online trophies (& therefore the Platinums) will be unobtainable.

Online trophies really do become a pain the ***! Really glad that developers seem to have stopped adding them to everything.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Ah I see. Seems a bit strange to me to let trophies dictate the way you play games to that degree. Can't see myself ever doing that!

Nei

@kyleforrester87 Congratulations! I love that you don’t assume the tree’s gender 😂
Cleared the first stage of Latria and restocked on herbs, I think I’ll face the dragon tomorrow night;)

@JohnnyShoulder Playing DS with headphones could potentially lead me to death. The little ambushes at the gate of Boletaria still scare me

p.s. played some DQ tonight and it was weird! The tonal shift is so big that it makes it kind of alright but I think I’ll stick to DS only and then go back to it

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yeah I hear you, it’s ridiculous! In game trophies are a strange psychological phenomenon to me. I fully understand how utterly meaningless they are yet I enjoy the process of working through a trophy list... it’s the ‘completer-finisher’ in me.

I have a game where I am one item (out of a ****-load) away from a trophy popping, that would in turn pop the plat. I’ve researched, I’ve grinded, I’ve laughed and I’ve cried (not literally but I am fond of hyperbole) and the damn thing does not drop. I’m pretty sure that the frustration I feel as a result of that situation has definitely informed my stance in regards to the platinums I’ve yet to pop moving forward from that point.

And this from someone who placed absolutely no value on the trophy system from its inception until 2017.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Nei

@colonelkilgore I totally get it, I used not care in the slightest but now I truly enjoy trophies. When they are done well they can add a lot of purpose to some games (like retrogames collections or fighting games) that are not primarily meant as single player campaigns.

I defeated the Dragon God. It was a stark contrast with the rest of the game I experience by now, almost like a Shadow of the Colossus environmental puzzle. I am not sure I liked it, thr game design of the fight really shows its age and the demon just stands there like some kind of amusement park animatronic. It looks very good, though.

Oh and I found out I can use those soldier’s and hero’s souls to increase my soul count 😂 I was sitting on a gold mine, I thought those were meant for crafting like the demons’ souls...

Edited on by Nei

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena Yeah those souls you can do what you want with them. They are good say if you want to level up but are a few hundred/thousand souls short. Towards the end of the game I had so many of them I couldn't be bothered to use them lol.

Nei

I just won the surprisingly easy but enjoyable fight in the church vs the fool’s idol. Great stuff! I was exploring the area and picking up treasures when gargoyles pulled me over into a crazy looking area. This game is something else 😂

Edited on by Nei

Spaldy

@kyleforrester87 I've never finished Dead Space. I always got stuck at the bit where you have to shoot at the asteroids.

Dark mode or go home.

Nei

Progressing a little bit. 3-2 is visually mind blowing! Not too difficult compared to previous levels but definitely scary: the gargoyles have startled me a couple of times. I think I might be at the boss door so wish me luck.

Edited on by Nei

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic