Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 421 to 440 of 793

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena Yeah that level freaked me out a bit, especially what is in the centre of the level. It will be interesting to hear how you get on with the boss, as I know a few people that really struggled with it should be them, I know , but I did it on my second try. I know it can be a bit glitchy, but not sure if it has been patched. And the next boss in that world, as your not online, unfortunately it is gonna be a bit lame.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rondoooo9

100% recommend watching fightin cowboy DS walkthroughs on YT. He does a tremendous job and will lead you to the platinum.

Rondoooo9

nessisonett

@Jecht_Ultima I usually use Fextralife just to see bosses’ elemental weaknesses and stuff. Information that should have been in the game in the first place.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Nei

@JohnnyShoulder loved the area! yes the boss was definitely a challenging one - the most trouble I had since the flamelurker - I kept falling off of the arena. I eventually managed to beat him! 3-3 seemed like a cakewalk by comparison. I think I cleared it on my second try. P.s. I fred a psycho from a cage and it killed some of my Npcs >_< I had to reload

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena Yeah I think the bigger challenge is staying on the platform rather than fighting the boss. The next boss what supposed happen is he summons a high level human player into your world. As you were offline you just get a low level red phantom npc. It glitched out for me and took several attempts for eventually getting the offline version of the fight. And at that point you couldn't skip the cutscene, so I was so sick of seeing it lol. Think its been patched so you can skip it now.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Nei

@JohnnyShoulder Ah so that’s what was going on! Really interesting boss mechanic then.

Rose got released for SFV and I got Granblue Fantasy Vs so I think I’ll activate ps+ soon and bring the game online

kyleforrester87

Just beat Abyss Watchers first go in DS3. Took me like..40 attempts back when I played this on release. I guess I got good!!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Black_Swordsman

@kyleforrester87 Do you think you will beat the game this time? They say the Abyss Watchers ask you if you can play DS3, and Pontiff Sulyvahn ,a later boss asks you if you can beat it! That boss will be the real test of whether or not you have managed to 'git gud'

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Nei

@kyleforrester87 congrats!

After the very soothing 4-1, I am finding 4-2 kind of grueling! I found a kind of shortcut for the first bit but it’s still pretty daunting. I won’t give up!

Edited on by Nei

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena Ah yes 4-2 can be quite evil, especially the journey to the boss. The Thief's Ring is handy to help with the flying mantis things shooting at you. Umbasa.

Nei

@JohnnyShoulder thank you very much, it worked like a charm and really helped me! The old hero boss was very atmospheric and reminded me once again of Shadow or the Colossus. I hope I can get through the whole game !

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena No probs! I was so relieved when I found that out, as I was beginning to hate those flying mantis guys! Yeah you've got this! If you have not been to world 5 yet, than that is probably the most difficult area to get through!

Nei

@JohnnyShoulder I am starting tonight world 5 tonight! I just got 12 months of PS+ for 32€ so I will finally see the multiplayer aspect. I hope they are worth it as I tend to never ever download the monthly games 😅 and purely use PS+ for online hahaha

Nei

World 5 cleared 😬(also called a very productive weekend) ! Can’t wait to see how this ends. The swamp area was so good!

Edited on by Nei

JohnnyShoulder

@JechtUltima Ooooh good find, cheers for sharing. I'm not sure how involved they were in the remake, so there probably won't be much from them in the doc. I forget how much of a looker that game is.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@JechtUltima Yeah the ones I've watched have been well good. DOOM 2016, The Witcher 3 and Horizon ZD are probs my fave.

render

Hey everyone, I'm late to the party on this but picked up DS the other day and will probably start playing it in the next week or two. Just wanted some advice on the best way to go into this game. Would it be to just go in blind without reading too much and just hope that I make the right choices or is that going to lead to frustration if I go down the wrong path? Is there a few things that you are better off knowing at the start before you get too far in to make it a more enjoyable experience?

P.S. this is my first souls game.

Edited on by render

render

johncalmc

I still haven't finished Demon's Souls. I got to the second boss of (I think) the fourth world. Might have been fifth. I don't even know any more. I haven't played it for weeks at this point. I really like it periodically, but the long runs to the bosses infuriate me. Every Souls game needs a bonfire like one second before every boss. That's a rule now.

johncalmc

Twitter:

render

@velio84 Cheers, sounds like good advice - will definitely remember that. I usually go into games totally blind so definitely happy to just find out things as I go. Good on you for getting Nioh 2 and Sekiro. I played Nioh for a while when it was a PS+ game and enjoyed it but only got as far as the first boss before I seemed to get stuck. I always meant to go back to it but something else was out at the time so didn't go back. I'll see how I do with this first 😀.

@johncalmc It's going to be interesting to see how bad I suck at this. I didn't think I'd manage Returnal so be good to see if I can carry that momentum into a different challenge. Perhaps playing that game has prepared me for this in that I'll no doubt end up doing the same bits over many times.

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic