Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 381 to 400 of 793

JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007 wrote:

@Th3solution I found the early hours of DS much easier than those of BB. I don’t know if it’s easier or I have more experience with From, but you shouldn’t have as hard if a time, and BB was some do the brutal first hours in a game I’ve ever had, if not the most.

@Th3solution To add what Jaz brings up here, it is much easier to to go to a new area if you are struggling with one, once you have beaten the first proper boss. After that you open up the first sections in each of the five areas, which you are free to tackle in any order. You can also travel to any archstone you have previously visited using the PS5 cards. You do lose all your Souls if you do that though.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@kyleforrester87 How do you think the horse riding will play into Elden Ring? Did you see any of the leaked footage?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

kyleforrester87

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah I saw it. Looks good but hard to form a solid opinion. Hopefully they do something special with the genre that we haven’t seen before. Aside from that I’m just waiting to see.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena Glad you are enjoying the game! Where are you upto at the moment?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Nei

@JohnnyShoulder I am a kind of a slowpoke because I am also trying to get the platinum for Astro and finish DQXIS.

Anyway, it seems I can’t do 1-3 unless I slay an archdemon (?) so I started the second archstone and right now it seems a lot less brutal than the first one but there’s a LOT more to explore. I activated some kind of elevator, got killed by totally unfair fire salamanders that trapped me, and then found a water related mechanism and collected a lot of items...I decided to go back to the Nexus because I had like 10k Souls and I didn’t want to lose them. Tomorrow and Sunday I’ll have a lot more time for gaming😬

Question fo you guys: The Priest Warrior in the Nexus can teach me an escape spell for 20K souls, when I use this spell do I get to carry the souls I currently have with me? It would be worth it! (I guess)

Btw the game is ruining Dragon Quest for me - I just want to play this all the time 😂

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena You wouldn't want to go to 1-3 this early, you would get absolutely destroyed lol.

Those fire salamanders is when my bow and arrows came in handy so I could pick em off from a distance.

And yeah the Evacuate spell you get to keep your Souls as people found it useful for farming.

Ha ha a sign that you are enjoying it if you want to keep playing. Apart from a few hours on Astro Bot, I played it exclusively until I finished it.

Nei

@JohnnyShoulder yeah, it’s very absorbing...looking forward to make progress today and thank you for all the hints, I will definitely try to get that spell then! So glad I bought this instead of Spider-Man

Nei

Alright, I am now completely addicted to this game - that’s not to say I am any good. I had very little problems with the spider boss but after finally figuring out the lava maze I’m struggling against the flamelurker>_ <

Edited on by Nei

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena Flamelurker was defo the boss i struggled with the most. I almost beat him a couple of times but then the next few goes he kept trouncing me. I summoned a couple of people and we took him down. I think that was the only boss I summoned for.

colonelkilgore

@Feena @JohnnyShoulder yet to play the remaster (it’s in the backlog though) but I remember back in 2010 the first time I played Demons Souls on PS3 that I found Flame Lurker far and away the toughest boss. Lost count of the amount of L’s I took. So much so, that when I played Demons Souls back through in 2019 that I was dreading the encounter during my whole play through until that point. Then when I did eventually get to him during that 2019 play through I beat him first time. You’d think I would’ve felt relief but I actually felt a bit disappointed by the anti-climax.

In the mean time between 2010 and 2019 I had played multiple play-throughs of Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3, as well as Bloodborne... so I guess I was a different ‘player’ in terms of souls-likes by that second DeS play through.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I'd never played Demon's Souls before, but have played all the the other From Software games, so there is a familiarity that makes it easier, along with 60fps and that player movement has been updated but enemy movement has not.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder you should have an interesting perspective on DeS coming at it that way then... how did you find the world design and atmosphere? From my perspective the atmosphere has hever been bettered (maybe Bloodborne equalled it though). It might just be that it was my first souls but I found the World design consistently excellent too. The original Dark Souls ‘may’ take the overall best world design as it was a fully-formed world with no hub etc. but I did feel that there were ‘weaker’ areas like Lost Izalith and the Crystal Caves etc. also Blight Town is nothing compared to the Valley of Defilement imho. I just found each and every DeS area an absolute opus of ingenious design.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah like you say i think Dark Souls was the series high point in terms of the layout of the land. Demon's Souls was still good in that respect though, and some areas like Prison of Hope and Upper Lateria were really atmospheric and quite spooky.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder Latria is something else. Imagine how that area felt to us back in 2009 & 2010 when Souls was a complete oddity as far as gaming was concerned. I’d NEVER felt so creeped out while playing a game... probably, nothing will ever make me feel like that again actually!

**** DLC!

Nei

@colonelkilgore @JohnnyShoulder Yes I Made it! Flamelurker vanquished. I have no psplus subscription at the moment so I had to do it alone in the end 🥵 I ventured into the tower of Latria after a lot of attempts because I was tired of trying the boss and it creeped me out ...it was like 1 am and I was home alone. I managed to free Freke and then I teleported out because I was scared out of my mind. The chtulu-like guards terrify me and the random prisoners coming out of the darkeness WOW. Anyway this game is special...really feeling it. Thank you for all the guidance.

P.s. the sad soldier vanished from the Nexus, did I do something wrong? Did he just lose his purpose? I liked him 😭

Edited on by Nei

kyleforrester87

@Feena Seems like you beat Flamelurker relatively easily! It doesn’t really get much harder than that so you should find it fairly smooth sailing to the end. Meanwhile I’m presently stuck on the third Dark Souls 3 boss 🤷‍♂️

And yeah the prison area is really atmospheric and creepy.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett err the tree thing that starts walking around 😂 to be honest I don’t even remember him from my last (unfinished) play through so I don’t think he is as hard as I’m making it.

kyleforrester87

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Oh lord yeah, that was the first one I had trouble with. Not out of it being ‘hard’ per se, just really really annoying. You’ll get there eventually because you winning relies on the boss not deciding to act like a jobbie and kill you inexplicably.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic