Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 381 to 400 of 402

Feena

@Jecht_Ultima thank you! I haven’t spent this one...I think. I hope I can get some nice spell.
Is there any way to replenish my MP?

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Jecht_Ultima

@Feena Fragrant Ring, it's a starting item for the royal class or you can find it in 3-2 and spices.

Edited on by Jecht_Ultima

Jecht_Ultima

Feena

@johncalmc thanks! I will stock up.

I finally bested the Tower Knight on my 3rd run today after what fell like 10 tries yesterday. I love that there are multiple ways around the level, even if after a while I was basically running on the bridge to get another shot at killing the Knight ...very addicting stuff

kyleforrester87

@Feena well done! It’s a bit hard to go back to “other” games after getting into a Souls game.

That said, they do lose some of their magic when you repeatedly run through the same areas with the same enemy placement each time you spawn.

I’m hoping Elden Ring sort of addresses some of that just by being less linear? Although it’ll probably replace that problem with something else. It’s not like open world games don’t have massive flaws either.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Jecht_Ultima

@kyleforrester87 cant say I'm that excited with elden ring being open world tbh, I'm replaying FFXV at the moment and my god is the open world dull.

Jecht_Ultima

kyleforrester87

@Jecht_Ultima I generally don’t have many good things to say about the majority of open world games I’ve played but when they are good they are very good, but I only really say this because of Breath of the Wild, which in itself wasn’t perfect (other aspects would have been better had it been linear) but it did enough right to justify it going the open world route. Hopefully Elden Ring will do the same, like I say it’ll inevitably suffer in some respects but hopefully it can more than make up for it in others.

FF15 is hardly the benchmark for open world games, although I will admit I didn’t actively hate it.

(I am pretty sure @Feena loved it 😂)

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

nessisonett

@Jecht_Ultima @kyleforrester87 FFXV’s like Skyrim to me. Had great fun wandering about doing sidequests but wow, that main story was bad.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett lol I dunno. Skyrim is considerably better than FF15. The side quests were horrific. I quite liked the main cast, graphics, riding chocobos around and flying about in the car with the Garden soundtrack playing.

kyleforrester87

TheFrenchiestFry

I was never expecting FFXV to live up to the hype it had given how long it gestated in development undergoing a name change, a story change, a light cast change, a change in platforms it was being developed for and an engine change, but even then despite the fact I found it decent in some aspects like traversal and combat, the story was forgettable as hell past the first 4 or 5 chapters and the open world just had long and tedious stretches of nothing in between heading to the next location to advance the story

It was really mostly carried by its combat and the chemistry between the main quartet of characters

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I like Monster Hunter though, so just the hunt things were pretty fun to me. There were loads of hidden dungeons too so the open world aspect was pretty good imo. It completely died when it went linear though.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Jecht_Ultima

@kyleforrester87 You got me thinking about the last time I enjoyed the open world in a game I think probably the witcher 3. I never actually played breath of the wild so I can't compare.
@nessisonett I'm the opposite I rather like the characters and their story, it's the open world and tedious side quests that I dislike.

Jecht_Ultima

Feena

@kyleforrester87 thank you very much! The game is addicting ..I end up thinking about it at work, like what I am going to do to try to overcome obstacles or how I will invest Souls...

@TheFrenchiestFry yeah those are the best bits and I understand why some people don’t like the game but just love it for a million reasons. One of my favorite games this gen.

Edited on by Feena

JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007 wrote:

@Th3solution I found the early hours of DS much easier than those of BB. I don’t know if it’s easier or I have more experience with From, but you shouldn’t have as hard if a time, and BB was some do the brutal first hours in a game I’ve ever had, if not the most.

@Th3solution To add what Jaz brings up here, it is much easier to to go to a new area if you are struggling with one, once you have beaten the first proper boss. After that you open up the first sections in each of the five areas, which you are free to tackle in any order. You can also travel to any archstone you have previously visited using the PS5 cards. You do lose all your Souls if you do that though.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TheBrandedSwordsman

@kyleforrester87 How do you think the horse riding will play into Elden Ring? Did you see any of the leaked footage?

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

kyleforrester87

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah I saw it. Looks good but hard to form a solid opinion. Hopefully they do something special with the genre that we haven’t seen before. Aside from that I’m just waiting to see.

kyleforrester87

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena Glad you are enjoying the game! Where are you upto at the moment?

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Feena

@JohnnyShoulder I am a kind of a slowpoke because I am also trying to get the platinum for Astro and finish DQXIS.

Anyway, it seems I can’t do 1-3 unless I slay an archdemon (?) so I started the second archstone and right now it seems a lot less brutal than the first one but there’s a LOT more to explore. I activated some kind of elevator, got killed by totally unfair fire salamanders that trapped me, and then found a water related mechanism and collected a lot of items...I decided to go back to the Nexus because I had like 10k Souls and I didn’t want to lose them. Tomorrow and Sunday I’ll have a lot more time for gaming😬

Question fo you guys: The Priest Warrior in the Nexus can teach me an escape spell for 20K souls, when I use this spell do I get to carry the souls I currently have with me? It would be worth it! (I guess)

Btw the game is ruining Dragon Quest for me - I just want to play this all the time 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena You wouldn't want to go to 1-3 this early, you would get absolutely destroyed lol.

Those fire salamanders is when my bow and arrows came in handy so I could pick em off from a distance.

And yeah the Evacuate spell you get to keep your Souls as people found it useful for farming.

Ha ha a sign that you are enjoying it if you want to keep playing. Apart from a few hours on Astro Bot, I played it exclusively until I finished it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic