Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 341 to 360 of 793

colonelkilgore

@mcdreamer

There have been many rumours of a 60fps Bloodborne remaster for PS5 and PC, so hopefully they’ll pan out.

**** DLC!

mcdreamer

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Honestly, probably Bloodborne. It's the one I've put the least time into previously (only reaching the first boss) and it's something quite different to both Demon Souls and Dark Souls. I do have Sekiro on PC too but I found it unbelievably difficult so will be some time before I return to that one.

@colonelkilgore Would be great if that happens! I think that DS3 runs at 60fps on the PS5 already, which is cool.

mcdreamer

Nei

Hello everyone,
unless some sad last minute cancellation happens, it seems I finally managed to snag a PS5 from Amazon! Yay, I successfully gave a lot of money to a corporation and I am happy about it!

I also bought Demon’s Souls along with it because I briefly tried it in a media shop and I fell in love with the way it looks and moves.

I am a TOTALLY new to the series, would any of you like to share tips for playing the game?

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena Congrats! My tip is don't go in all swinging like a DMC game, take your time to read enemies moves. They usually have a couple sets of moves that give you an opportunity to strike when they gone through the motions. The first area eases you in quite gently, as long as you don't let yourself to get surrounded you should be ok!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Nei

@JohnnyShoulder sounds like something I could enjoy! So a bit Monster Hunter-ish in that sense?

Thrillho

@Feena Yeah, lots of people said MH was a bit Souls-esque.

Use the early areas to get used to combat and don’t worry about dying. Defence is just as important as attacking and shields are a big part of the game.

Stats are a bit complicated in the game and there’s no point trying to create an all round character. Have a look online for more info on that sort of thing.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Timeline police here. Actually, Demon’s Souls combat would be MH-like since the first game came out on the PS2 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Nei

@Thrillho thanks for the advice! If I can parry with a shield I should be fine?!

The console has shipped! I look forward to playing this and Astro hopefully tomorrow night

Thrillho

@nessisonett True but I’d played plenty of Souls games before MHW!

@Feena I never really mastered parrying but used the shield for pure defence. I never really bothered with magic much either. I tend to go for dexterity and stamina builds. Just have a play around and see what you like!

Thrillho

kyleforrester87

@Feena never parried once in any Souls game! Backstab, on the other hand....

If you go melee, get a bow to compliment. Great way to draw individual enemies off a group.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Feena Magic is supposed to be OP for Demon's Souls, I can't vouch for that as didn't use it. I always use bow and arrows along with a main weapon and shield. That way I can keep enemies at a distance (especially the ones using magic and arrows themselves) and also helps to thin a group of enemies.

The levelling system can be quite flexible so it quite easy to experiment. My first Souls game I must have started the game a handful of times, trying out different classes until I settled for one that suited my playstyle. I didn't realise until way after that I could have just put souls into different attributes.

Another thing to note is that the the heavier your equipment and item load the slower you will move. So if you don't mind being a tank, go for the heavier armour and equipment and vise versa for being ligh in your feet. Personally I always went for a light to medium build as I quite like the maneuverability and being able to roll and dodge quickly. With heavy build you have to 'fat roll, which I never liked.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Nei

@Jecht_Ultima Uh interesting! So if I find out I am really terrible at this game I will resort to magic!

Thrillho

@Feena Your starting class doesn’t overly tie you into a particular build so don’t worry too much about that. You did start with some slightly different items though which can be useful in the early game in particular.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

One thing about Demon's Souls @Feena compared to the other Souls games is that the Archstones (The bonfires of Demon's Souls/checkpoints) are rather spaced out compared to the other games in the souls series.

Aside from the one you get to enter each world you only get a new one once you beat the boss of each area so you'll definitely wanna keep a look out for shortcuts to open up as you progress through the game.

Oh and there's no map of any kind so hopefully you're good at mentally mapping out these labyrinthine layouts! 😄

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Nei

@velio84 @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Thrillho thank you so much! I won’t look up any guide and play according to community feedback hope to find a class I enjoy

Edited on by Nei

johncalmc

Demon's Souls is pretty good so far. I am currently at the Maneater.

I like the linearity of the game. I know people rave about the later Souls games and Bloodborne because you can wander about everyone and the joy of exploration and whatever but I actually find exploration to be quite annoying a lot of the time in games like this. I get really frustrated exploring and then getting killed and then having to battle back to that bit to continue exploring.

Anyway, I like the more linear structure.

Generally, you can tell this is a trial run for what Dark Souls became. The enemies, bosses, lore etc. isn't as engaging as the later games. And that's fine. It's interesting seeing this, and definitely interesting seeing it with a fresh lick of paint, but I definitely think it's the weakest of the games I've played in the "series".

The only thing about the game that I actively dislike quite a bit is how there's no checkpoints. I've always thought Souls games were totally obnoxious with this. Like, there should always be a checkpoint close to a boss. Ideally, you shouldn't have to fight anything on your way to the boss. It drives me mad being killed at a boss and then having to fight through the same twelve enemies over and over just to get back to the boss and get killed in two hits and have to do it again.

Anyway, that's particularly egregious here. The route to the Maneater boss is really, really annoying for example.

I'd love to see Bluepoint make another game in the series look this good. It really is a beautiful game.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic