Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 321 to 340 of 793

Mega-Gazz

phil_j wrote:

@nessisonett How is Code Vein?

It’s alright - has a plot you can actually follow without piecing together item descriptions, but it is ofc a very anime story. Also its far too easy, most of the bosses I beat on the first try without reading anything ahead of time.

Mega-Gazz

nessisonett

I got £50 Amazon vouchers for Christmas (cheers distant dad) so was wondering whether to put it towards Demon’s Souls or Miles Morales. Honestly neither seem to be very long according to my mates who managed to get a PS5 but I think I’ll probably get Demon’s Souls. Although Royal Mail aren’t delivering until Tuesday so this bloody PS5 better turn up or I’m going to angrily play my PS4 Pro and have fun with it until it arrives.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

MightyDemon82

@nessisonett both are excellent. I put about 40 hours into Spider-Man Miles Morales with 2 playthroughs and currently trying to take down the Flamelurker in Demon's Souls, I've came sooooooooo close twice now but man is he annoyingly quick compared to the other bosses I've picked off so far!

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic eBay for a buy-out clause of retail price albeit with a rather steep delivery charge. Somewhat hilarious that delivery was that much when it was posted 2nd class a good couple of weeks ago and still hasn’t arrived! Although that’s more Covid and Royal Mail’s fault.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Haha, I see, glad you've got one on the way though, I hope you thoroughly enjoy Demon's Souls if you get it and please give me a tag when you're playing it! (to let me know what your experience is like).

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

MightyDemon82

finally beat the Dragon God, really easy once you know how after many deaths also went for the trophy hitting him a few times with the Hands of God!

MightyDemon82

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Also, have you thought of doing a speedrun of Demon's Souls? I don't know if there is a trophy related to this, but, if it seems somewhat simplistic and easy to you at a superficial glance, perhaps playing it this way would be just what the Doctor ordered?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

mcdreamer

I picked up the game again last night after a break of a week or so. Made it through 1-3, the start of 1-4, 4-2, 4-3 and 5-2 in pretty much one sitting. 4-2 I'd been struggling with but this time I made it past the boss in one run. It was the initial section along the cliffside which caused me the most trouble. Those damn flying manta rays! It really feels like sometimes everything just clicks in this game and it's possible to make really good progress.

So, now I'm just going to bash my way through 5-3 and then try and figure out 1-4. As a melee build I'm hoping I can just run through the blue dragon but I haven't actually tried that yet. Perhaps the flame resistance ring won't be enough to get me through the flames. I really hope it is though as I can't say I'm excited about the idea of spamming 100s of arrows at it.

mcdreamer

JohnnyShoulder

@mcdreamer The thief ring is handy for world 4. The manta rays hardly notice you then. And yep you can run past the blue dragon. There is a shortcut you can open up before the second part, just round the corner before the big staircase.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mcdreamer

@JohnnyShoulder I equipped the Thief Ring for the 4-2 boss, should have used it earlier! Good to know for future play throughs. Good to know you can run past the blue dragon too. Will be giving that a good later on.

mcdreamer

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’m not very good at speed runs because I like to take my time with games, especially if they have a photo mode! I prefer games that have a separate speed run for each level, as I’m extremely prone to making mistakes under that sort of pressure.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I see. Have you made your mind up between Miles Morales and Demon's Souls?

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah, I think I’ll get Demon’s Souls because I think Miles Morales will drop in price quicker. Should be good fun!

MightyDemon82

well the Penetrator has one hell of an entrance and a hell of a reach with that sword of his. also unlocked more of the tower of Latria today, I spent almost an entire day during the holidays just invading other worlds and it's so fun, you never know what your going to be in for!

MightyDemon82

mcdreamer

Well, I’ve done it! In the end Old King Allant took around 5 attempts. I just needed to learn to take my time. Used some pine resin on the final attempt though it didn’t seem to help out too much.

On the whole I think the game is quite a bit easier than Dark Souls 3. It’s the only other Souls game I’ve finished, competing two runs so far. It’s obviously a lot shorter too, but that’s no bad thing.

FF7R now beckons but I’d love to either kick off a NG+ run or start Dark Spuls/Bloodborne. Need a bit of time to decompress first!

mcdreamer

Black_Swordsman

@mcdreamer Well, it depends what you're looking for. If you are interested in an experience similar to Demon's Souls, go for Dark Souls Remastered, if you want something more like Dark Souls 3, go for Bloodborne, Bloodborne will obviously take you much longer to complete than Dark Souls, imo.

mcdreamer

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah, I’ve played a bit of both so I have a rough idea of what to expect from each. The main thing which puts me off of Bloodborne is the frame rate. After playing DeS and DS3 at 60fps (DS3 on PC) the opening moments of Bloodborne feel much less responsive by comparison. I’m sure I’d get used to it though, especially given the length of the game!

mcdreamer

Black_Swordsman

@mcdreamer Interesting. So which one do you think you will opt for in the end? The more challenging game or the 60fps one?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic