Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 201 to 220 of 793

JohnnyShoulder

@Matroska Not sure what else to suggest really, apart from the usual of levelling up your character and upgrading your weapons as much as you can. Maybe have a look at a video walkthrough or on Fextralife at their written guides. If you are really struggling, you could try summoning, but you need to be in human form for that.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Matroska

@kyleforrester87 @JohnnyShoulder Well I'll stick at it, though thanks to the PS+ Collection I've started playing MHW again so now I'm gonna end trying to roll with X in DeS, I bet. 😭

Anyway, I love the photo mode.

Untitled

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

ShaiHulud

After being stuck on Flamelurker for a bit I tried the other areas, which were all a breeze! Defeated four or five bosses without dying, so went back to Flamelurker's lair and defeated him as well without any issues. Feels like I'm overlevelled now!

@Matroska Not sure if you're still in world 2, but my sword initially didn't work on the enemies there either. Instead, try a pickaxe which these fellows drop a lot or can be bought from the chap at the beginning of the level as its damage to these enemies is a lot higher.

Sic semper tyrannis

JohnnyShoulder

@ShaiHulud @Matroska That is a good point, I've been using the Winged Spear for the most, only changing it to the Crescent Falchion for the Flamelurker fight and the Great Club for the silver skeletons.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Matroska I just liked clobbering em with a club! R1 sends them flying!

JohnnyShoulder

My mate sent me this from Astro's Playroom the other day. Does it look familiar?

Untitled

ShaiHulud

@JohnnyShoulder There's so many awesome references in Astro's Playroom, it almost made me feel a tad sentimental! I couldn't believe it when I saw a Pyramid bot dragging another bot, and the Death Stranding bot was hilarious as well.

Sic semper tyrannis

JohnnyShoulder

@ShaiHulud There are! I think I missed a few on the first level I tried, so really wanna go back and see them.

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder Have you played enough to give me a proper impression of how the difficulty compares to Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 3 & Bloodborne yet? Sorry for asking repeatedly, by the way, hope it didn't annoy you too much.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

ShaiHulud

@Draco_V_Ecliptic This probably differs for most people, but in my experience the first soulsborne you play is by far the hardest. I haven't played DS3 that much, but I'd say Demon's Souls is the easiest of the lot.

Sic semper tyrannis

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic No problem at all sir. I agree with @ShaiHulud, in that if you have played a few of the games before, this should cause you no problems. A steady frame rate also helps massively in this game. Yes some of the runs to the bosses can be quite epic, but nothing I've found too strenuous. Dark Souls 3 would be my toughest, with this battling from being easiest with DS2. And I'm not counting Sekiro either.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

ShaiHulud

@JohnnyShoulder Absolutely agree about the frame rate. I remember Blighttown clearly on my X360, not because of the scenery but more so because of the godawful frame rate there. Playing on a smooth 60 fps definitely helps a lot.

Edited on by ShaiHulud

Sic semper tyrannis

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder Which was the hardest Souls game for you then? (excluding Sekiro) Which ones have you beaten in the series? All of them??!?!? I've only beaten Miyazaki's Souls games excluding Demon's, which means it would be a fitting bellweather in my cap. And thanks for the feedback, it's helped me make my mind up about getting the game, once I can afford it and the console.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@ShaiHulud Yeah I know what you mean - First one for me was Bloodborne and that probably was the hardest! I've beaten 3 & 1 now, onto Demon's next, although Bloodborne is very hard anyway. But for me it was just a total cheese anyhow, running past the majority of the PvE enemies , the fodder, just to get to those GREAT bosses!

ShaiHulud

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I loved how agile you were in Bloodborne. It's the latest soulsborne game I finished, so coming back to Demon's Souls I had to readjust as dodging is so slow now.

Sic semper tyrannis

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I think I’d say Dark Souls 3 was the hardest too, at least if it was my first game. Obviously DS1 was hardest for me as it was the first one I played! Bloodborne strangely peaks in difficulty about 3 hours in but the DLC is absolutely brutal. Dark Souls 2 is hard in the sense that the absolutely ass mechanics create artificial difficulty 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

XseanO

@Matroska - A few advise below in which hope it can help out in beating the Tower knight and Armor spider since I also start out as knight.

1) Get Crescent Falchion in 4-1, it help alot in the fight with the magic damage, also farm the rolling skeletons which give decent amount of souls in early game.

2) Get purple flame shield for armor spider fight, the fire resistance is perfect for that fight.

3) Instead of rolling away from Tower knight when he do the AOE shield smash, roll towards him instead to get behind him. Then from there always keep your shield up and stay behind him, play safe and hit his feet when opportunities appear in which he will fall soon and hit his head for massive damage.

XseanO

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Like I said, Dark Souls 3 was the one I found the toughest. I've beaten the main game of all of them apart from Bloodborne which I got to the last boss and the last boss of the dlc. Beaten the dlc of the others apart from DS3 which again I got to the last bosses (I think there are 3 very close to each other). Sekiro is defo hardest as you can't summon or farm to be OP.

@nessisonett DS3 has some of the toughest bosses in the series imo. I did play Dark Souls on the 360 but gave up on the caverns to Seath, but i think that was more down to the technical issues I experienced. Bloodborne was my first proper go I would say and fared much better. Still don't know how I got so far as I didn't know what I was doing really, didn't summon that much and my stats were all over the place! 🤣

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder The final boss of DS3’s final DLC is both incredible and also really really difficult. I think it’s only really rivalled by Orphan of Kos. I don’t think I had too many issues with bosses like Nameless King as the ones some people struggle with suit my playstyle to be honest.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic