Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 221 to 240 of 793

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder Oh yes, I remember you saying about DS3 now, thanks for mentioning it again to refresh my memory. Those last bosses sure are tough!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

ShaiHulud

Still haven't played DS3 properly as I only recently bought it and thought it'd be better to wait a bit and play it on my PS5, so it's good to hear it's quite a challenge because if anything I'm finding Demon's Souls a tad too easy at the moment. I haven't died once during the last five boss fights :/

Sic semper tyrannis

kyleforrester87

After smashing through every aspect of Demon Souls after tackling Flamelurker I came up against King Allant at the end of the first area and he gave me a pasting. Took the wind out of my sales a bit so I haven’t played for a few days.

Gave it another crack tonight with the intention of getting beaten again but learning his move set. Managed to win pretty easily second time however. My tips, if anyone is struggling..!

Keep distance and he’ll ultimately do one of 2 attacks, each is pretty well telegraphed so you’ll know in advance. He’ll either raise his sword up to rush you, in which case you get your shield up and get around his side as he approaches. You’ll either block his attack and have an opening for 1-3 hits or he’ll miss entirely and you’ll get your hits in. The other thing he’ll do is conjure a whirlwind, keeping yourself out of range hit him with an arrow and you will get at least one in him before he reverts to his rush attack (at which point you go back to your sword and shield and get your block on!). He might try to conjure a whirlwind a few times, he tried 5 in a row with me, each time being interrupted by an arrow before he tried to close me down with his sword.

Anywhoo, keeping your distance and just managing these 2 attacks makes it a really straight forward encounter.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ShaiHulud

@kyleforrester87 Happy days! I'm nearly there myself I think. Just need to finish world 4 and the last boss from world 5 before taking on the last boss. Just out of interest, what level where you in the end?

Sic semper tyrannis

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Congrats dude! Still got a bit to go myself. Have gone through 1-4, but not faced the boss as yet.

Beat Maneater last night on my second try. Straight forward enough, the trickiest part is not falling off the edge and killing the first one before the second one appears.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@ShaiHulud @JohnnyShoulder thanks! I was level 77, which is on the higher end of a normal first run I think (typically it’s anywhere from 50-80 I read). I was 70 and thought I’d grind out a bunch of levels for the 1-4 boss after he pasted me the first time, but ultimately it wasn’t needed.

I definitely spent a bit too much time grinding in this game which made it easier overall, but that’s what I like about these games and I enjoy doing it. It was important I got to the end as I’ve lost momentum in Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3.

kyleforrester87

ShaiHulud

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, I've grinded a bit when I encountered Flamelurker before I realised it might be smarter to go to the other areas first. I think I'm level 60 at the moment, which feels a bit overlevelled, but hopefully the last few bosses will pick things up a bit.

What's next, another runthrough or something else?

Sic semper tyrannis

kyleforrester87

@ShaiHulud it drops you straight back into a NG+. I would like to try a new game with more of a magey build but we’ll see. I have re-downloaded Dark Souls 2 so I may try that instead. And I also got Yakuza 0 yesterday (never played one before) so we’ll see how I get on!

I would like to get my £70s worth though 😂

kyleforrester87

ShaiHulud

@kyleforrester87 Yakuza 0 is brilliant but can also be enormous, depending on if you're interested in doing substories - which I absolutely recommend as they're among the funniest video game moments I've ever experienced.

Sic semper tyrannis

kyleforrester87

@ShaiHulud Yeah I have been interested in the series for a while, I intended to start with Like a Dragon but apparantly there is a PS5 patch coming in March (timed exclusive on Xbox for some reason) and saw 0 for £15 on the store so figured why not.

kyleforrester87

HallowMoonshadow

Congrats on beating Demon's Souls @kyleforrester87

That last boss (Well... Technically False King Allant in 1-4 is the second to last boss for most) was easily one of the hardest back in the PS3 version too. Did you get hit by his soul drain move perchance that reduces your overal level? 😅

Which ending did you go for by the way?

Good luck with Dark Souls 2 as well!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

kyleforrester87

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks! On my first attempt he get got me with his soul drain a few times, but the second time as I mentioned I kept my distance and he couldn't get me with most of his attacks. I absorbed most of the hits he did connect (usually the rush attack) and took minimal damage over all, I dont think my HP went under 3/4 the whole time. I went with the good ending, of course!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

HallowMoonshadow

With Demon's on PS3 being my first Souls I was stuck against False King Allant for absolutely ages. That rush move in particular was just so intimidating... Especially as I just starting to get confidant about the game too @kyleforrester87 😄 I don't think I've took the bad ending in Demon's myself!

There's at least one very specific npc you (Or Johnny & Shaihulud) haven't seemed to have met yet due to them popping up under specific conditions and with the world tendency mechanic and all the different builds you can make (like any souls game) I'm sure you'll get your money's worth.

I always found New game Plus to be exceptionally hard in Demon's compared to the other souls games. Might have been because I mucked about with world tendencies towards the end of my playthroughs... Still thought I'd mention it just in case it isn't just me lol

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Black_Swordsman

@kyleforrester87 Congratulations my friend, I intend on getting the game within the next few months so hopefully you will keep me company on my journey once I do? How does King Allant compare to the Abyss Watchers or Pontiff Sulyvahn in DS3?

Edit: What game(s) are you onto next?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I think I know of the Npc you are on about, as he has popped up when I've been reading Fextra. I've only got a couple of areas which are totally white, unfortunately those are areas which it has no effect. I've had a couple of areas slide into black, all I've had is a few extra red enemies. I've since got that area to white as I helped a few people on bosses, and killed that huge slug thing which both helps.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

ShaiHulud

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Excellent, that sounds like a good reason to do a NG+ walkthrough some day. Never actually done that before, but the relatively short nature of the game and the smooth gameplay might just entice me enough.

Sic semper tyrannis

HallowMoonshadow

If it's who we're both talking about @JohnnyShoulder The name starts with an M Then I have some news for ya ... That's a woman

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I think they are different characters, as the one I'm thinking of is Scirvir, the Wanderer and is definitely a bloke. At least, according to Fextralife.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic