Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 181 to 200 of 793

JohnnyShoulder

Just beaten the boss in 2-3. I can now open the fog gate after The Tower Knight.

@carlos82 Glad your enjoying it. That whole first area is basically like a training area. If you are finding any enemies tough, don't be afraid to go back to the Nexus and try out of the other worlds. You will gain more souls for levelling up your character and also pick up materials to upgrade your gear.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Matroska

I'm finding this ridiculously hard. For context, I've platinumed Bloodborne, finished DS1 and DS2 and, after my initial DS1 playthrough I went back and in one go got to the Lord Vessel without dying. On tbe orher hand, I haven't played any Soulsborne for 3 years at least so I'm out of practice, I guess.

Here in Demon's Souls I can't beat the Tower Knight. I've died 3 times to him now. He oneshots me with certain attacks, and even if I block his attacks nearly kill me. I have the Cling Ring on, by the way. I saw the Eurogamer playthrough and Aoife got hit by the same attacks in the same armour and took a lot less damage. Not sure if I'm underlevelled - I'm SL11 and started as a knight.

I went to 2-1 and I do terrible damage against everything there. A backstab against the miner enemies doesn't even halve their health. My sword is +3. I'm feeling pretty confused since I played this on PS3 and don't remember it being like this.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

HallowMoonshadow

Have you died in human form a lot @Matroska?

That shifts the world tendency to black and causes enemies to hit harder and reduce your overall health to boot... If you've used the stones to revert to human form a few times that could be part of the problem.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Black_Swordsman

@kyleforrester87 Have you played other Souls games? How does the difficulty compare to them? (you can list specific games as examples).

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

kyleforrester87

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’ve played all of the FS souls games and Bloodborne, though not all to completion (yet). Demon Souls is by far the easiest in my opinion though I should reserve judgement as I’ve not finished it yet. Sekiro is the hardest.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Black_Swordsman

@kyleforrester87 Thanks, just out of interest, which ones did you complete? I've played them all as well and didn't complete Dark Souls 2 or Demon's Souls on PS3 - or Sekiro.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Matroska

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy No, I know about killing yourself in the Nexus so deaths don't change world tendency. I gave up on Tower Knight and went to 2-1 where I got killed by the Armour Spider. I've nearly run out of Half Moon Grass, have run out of Crescent Moon Grass, and have zero souls. I've been playing for over 7 hours and have only beat Phalanx. This is driving me mad.

Matroska

HallowMoonshadow

Ah... Well @Matroska ...

I think in the ps3 version when you were online world tendency was set to a player average if I recall correctly... No idea if the PS5 version does it though... Potentially you could still have a darker tendency even if you've been doing the trick in the Nexus?

Other then that I don't have anything beyond levelling up your vitality stat even more, getting some better armour and hoping for the best unfortunately!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Well done on beating the Old Hero!

I'm currently on 1-3 and really like how it twists and turns on itself. This will be a great area to farm for higher level health items.

@Matroska You can farm the health items in area 1-1. You could try also 1-2 but I found that much easier after defeating the Tower Knight and working backwards. What stats did you level up and what weapon are you using?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Matroska

@JohnnyShoulder Started as a knight, I've levelled vitality, strength and endurance and about now SL13, I think. I'm using the starting equipment but the longsword is now Quality +1 and I'm planning on taking strength and dex to the softcap.

Matroska

JohnnyShoulder

@Matroska You could try upgrading your weapon a bit more. That will improve your attack power more than levelling up your attributes. I didn't take on the Tower Knight until my weapon was at least +4.

Matroska

@JohnnyShoulder It's more a defensive thing. I'm sometimes dying without even hitting him once. Blocking his attacks still has me take a load of damage, getting straight up hit by them often kills me outright.

I'm fat rolling due to my encumberance but even when I tried it with another character that was fast rolling, I still couldn't dodge his AoE shield slam. Sometimes it hits me when it looks like it really shouldn't, too. You can see in one of these vids I'm just outside the visible AoE and it's fine, I don't get hit. In the other one I'm much further outside the visible AoE and I do get hit. You also see me foolishly trying to roll out of the AoE which gets me OHKO'd, though blocking it still leads to burning through healing items and getting no chance to attack.

Matroska

kyleforrester87

I’ve now done all areas 2-5 and I’m on the final boss of area 1, I’m guessing there is some sort of end section when you clear all the available areas. The boss on 1-4 is going to be a bit tricky I think, he gave me a bit of a pasting on my first attempt. I thought I might get it wrapped up today but I’m exhausted so time to play something less emotionally shattering 😂

I did beat Penetrator first go though which I’m pretty happy with 🤙🏻

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@Matroska I don’t rely on rolling much, I have loaded most of my points into endurance so I can take the hits and still have some stamina left to get a few of my own in. Then load up in the biggest armour you can get your hands on!

kyleforrester87

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Some may say that Penetrator has become the Penetrated. Congrats though, beating a boss first time is always something special.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Matroska Stay behind him, give a couple of whacks on his ankles, then get out of the way of his foot stomps, so make sure you leave yourself enough stamina to roll or run away. After you hit both his ankles so stuff his coming out of both of them he will fall on his back side, so you will need to move quickly. The hit him on the head a couple of times. This will need to be repeated a few times. Also, I double handed my weapon and only used strong attacks to maximise damage output.

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Now you are just showing off!

I did just beat him on the second go though!

Matroska

@JohnnyShoulder I beat him on PS3 and with a magic build in this version, but as you can see from those vids, I can't even get behind him usually. If I do, he just shield slams so soon I can't get anything done. I've even been killed it one hit from one of his little back hops. It's confusing the hell out of me since I don't remember him being like this, doing so much damage, and since I started as a knight I should have good defense.

Not sure why I'm finding DeS so hard - I did most BB bosses first try. I just feel like I take catastrophic damage from most attacks, nor just these bosses.

@kyleforrester87 Any easy to get better armour early on? Bearing in mind I also can't do Armour Spider so 2-2 and onwards is a no go for now.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic