Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 161 to 180 of 793

Black_Swordsman

@mcdreamer How are you finding the overall difficulty compared to Dark Souls 3? From what I remember from my brief attempt at Demon's Souls on PS3, there is a B*stard Sword in 1-1 somewhere, so that might be more effective against the Tower Knight.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

mcdreamer

@ShaiHulud Good point. The guy at the top of the stairs when you enter 2-1 also sells the stones if you have enough souls. Perhaps I should combine that with some grind in 4-1.

@Draco_V_Ecliptic DS3 was my first Souls game. It took me nearly 5 hours to beat Iudex Gundyr for the first time, but after that I was kind of OK until things felt harder from about half way through. I do wonder if the more frequent bonfires made it a bit easier to progress. I have a feeling I found that sword. Will have to check my inventory when I play this evening!

mcdreamer

Black_Swordsman

@mcdreamer Did you beat DS3 in the end? How far did you get? If Iudex Gundyr gave you trouble I can only imagine how you struggled against bosses like the Twin Princes and Dancer of the Boreal Valley. Did you summon to get through? No shame in it.

Edit: I summoned for the Twin Princes and Soul of Cinder boss fights.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

I find it mad that bosses have blockable attacks. I always found even in Dark Souls 1 that using my shield was a final final resort due to the stamina damage you’d take. Learning to properly roll in time with each boss’ attacks is the only way I got through every boss in the series!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

mcdreamer

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I did. In fact I completed it twice which is something I rarely do these days. In the base game I only ended up summoning for Pontiff Sulyvahn, but the Ringed City and Ashes of Ariandel were so brutal I think I summoned for every single boss. Definitely no shame in it. I've been thinking I might end up summoning for a lot more of the Demon's Souls boss fights.

mcdreamer

JohnnyShoulder

@mcdreamer There is also another blacksmith in stonefang (2-1), and by the time you get to him you will have plenty of chards n stuff to upgrade your weapons and shields. I got my winged spear to about +4, which was more good enough for me to take on the Tower Knight.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

So that the first bosses in all of the worlds taken care off, with the one in the wonderful sounding Valley of Defilement - Depraved Chasm (5-1) my latest conquest. Fire is your friend for that one. So far nothing too taxing but still relatively early on.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

kyleforrester87

I’ve dealt with all bosses in the second and third area. I have beaten the second in first and third area. Not started fifth area.

Tried to play some more of the third area tonight but I’m exhausted. Astrobot it is!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ShaiHulud

Meanwhile I'm still stuck at Flamelurker. Not sure what's happening! I've beaten DS 1 and 2 and Bloodborne with relative ease and without any help from other players, yet this fourth boss of the game keeps kicking my arse. Got the magic sword, got the flame ring, plenty of health items but I can barely get him to his last stage when it's almost immediately game over.

Sic semper tyrannis

JohnnyShoulder

@ShaiHulud Have you tried tackling some of the other areas first, levelling up your stats and gear, then going back to him? Do you have any fire retardant gear, as that will soak up some of the damage. I've just tried him for the first time and got him down to about halfway health. The tactic I'm gonna try is stay quite close to him, and either block or dodge his attacks, then when he does his pounce attack roll underneath him to be behind him and then get two or three attacks in. Just make sure to leave some stamina left so you can roll out the way. Easier said then done, I know. Tough fight but definitely doable.

mcdreamer

@JohnnyShoulder I just met the blacksmith after triggering the lift system above. You're right about having loads of materials to upgrade once I found him! I ended up beating the Tower Knight with a +3 sword on my second go last night. In the end it wasn't too bad. It's quite easy to avoid his hits, just got to take a bit of time (as always with these games). After beating him and making my way through part of 2-1 last night I feel like I'm starting to get into the groove with this game now. Finished off last night with a bit more Persona 3 for a bit of a change of pace after all of that!

mcdreamer

ShaiHulud

@JohnnyShoulder I haven't really actually, just been to 4-1 but that's about it. Did upgrade my weapon, though I'm still only doing about 50 damage to him (with the magic sword), so I am indeed going off to do some exploring in other levels before coming back to him.

Sic semper tyrannis

JohnnyShoulder

@mcdreamer There you go! Yeah it was a pretty straight forward fight in the end. I think the size of him and when you first meet him you are severely underpowered, so can be quite intimidating.

mcdreamer

@JohnnyShoulder Definitely. That at the first on my first couple of attempts he one shotted me as soon as I walked in!

mcdreamer

kyleforrester87

@ShaiHulud Doh! Like mentioned you probably need to do other areas first. Or level up loads. I have found other parts of the game really easy in comparison so I think I just fought him too early and got overpowered in the process.

kyleforrester87

ShaiHulud

@kyleforrester87 Been rummaging around a bit more at most levels are initially quite easy like you said! I suppose the order in which to do things isn't that clear compared to other soulsbornes.

Edited on by ShaiHulud

Sic semper tyrannis

JohnnyShoulder

Beaten Flamelurker! I had him down to a sliver of health last night, but got too greedy and he got me. When I tried earlier, I had lost my mojo and could not even get him down to half health.

So this morning I put my summon sign down and helped a couple of different people beat him. This puts you back into human form. So I summoned a couple of people and we took him down!

I found the Crescent Falchion best to use as even though it is weaker then my Winged Spear, I found that kept missing. I probably could have gone through one of the other areas and got some crafting material to upgrade the Falchion.

carlos82

So I finally got my first real taste of a Souls game today, just got up to and defeated Phalanx and I'm very impressed so far. I've died a few times and it feels like the good old days of gaming in that regards, rather than the modern day way of simply respawning where you died with little consequence. Another thing of note is the incredible level design so far and I think I'm going to really enjoy this one, I guess I'll have to buy the Dark Souls games after this

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

kyleforrester87

Just beaten The Old Hero

@carlos82 ah I’d say the next boss in the area you’re in will be your first REAL taste 😂 Glad you are enjoying it though, these games can be a real breath of fresh air.

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic