Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 4,206

colonelkilgore

That January sale be dangerous! I picked up My Friend Pedro, Strider, Carrion, The Messenger, Narita Boy, Empire of Sin, Ender Lilies: Quitus of the Knights & F.I.S.T.: Forged in Shadow Torch… and weighing up whether I take a punt on the 20% off GTA: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition.

Could’ve picked a load more up from the Wishlist too but I would’ve been looking at about £600.00 if I had 😅.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LtSarge

Just bought Pyre in the January sale. I've been eyeing this game for quite some time now and I figured I might as well get it now since there wasn't much else in the sale that interested me. I still haven't played any of Supergiant's games, but I do also have Bastion and Transistor on Switch so I'll have to give those a try one of these days!

LtSarge

HallowMoonshadow

Kingdom Hearts: The Story so Far

I've only played KH 1 & KH 2 so having everything KH aside from 3 and the rhythm game in one box and two discs is pretty nice

Dunno if you saw my second reply to you in the switch thread the other day @Ralizah but looks like I was right and got Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster for Christmas.

Now I'm unsure whether to read your review of it now so I go in with your critiques in mind or after I've played this specific version to see if I concur with your thoughts... 😄

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I didn't see a notification, no.

That's awesome. Your family clearly knows you well.

Read it after, IMO. Play the game blind-ish (it's been a minute, yeah?), and then we can swap viewpoints on it. While improvements are minimal, I think you'll appreciate how much easier fusions are now.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

Finally received my last couple of Limited Run Games pre-orders (not that I'd begrudge any company delays at the moment, particularly one already known to suffer them regardless).

Untitled

Untitled

I tell you, that metal N64 cartridge replica could be pretty lethal in the wrong hands!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I’m expecting the next Midsomer Murders to be somebody bludgeoned by that N64 cartridge 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett

Either that, or it'd make for one heck of an obtrusive Cluedo piece. "I think it was Colonel Mustard, with the N64 cartridge, in the... wait, where'd the Library go?" "It's under the murder weapon." "Oh."

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Impressive haul! How did that take to reach you from when you ordered it, if you don't mind me asking?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder A while. Episode I Racer pre-orders went live July last year, although a couple of those intervening months were thanks to a specific, local postage problem. Republic Commando pre-orders went live back in April this year. I was part of the first wave for both games.

Under the current circumstances, you're likely looking at nine to twelve months for Limited Run Games to turn promises into products. It's been better before, but it's also been worse, too.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

It helps when your daughter has similar gaming tastes @Ralizah and probably steered my partner into getting it me so she could play it too

Nocturne was my first review I wrote on here back when I first joined up well over two years ago... So it's not been as long as the other SMT titles that I've not yet gone back to

RogerRoger wrote:

Either that, or it'd make for one heck of an obtrusive Cluedo piece. "I think it was Colonel Mustard, with the N64 cartridge, in the... wait, where'd the Library go?" "It's under the murder weapon." "Oh."

... I'd certainly play that version of cluedo Rog 😄

Nice bit of Star Wars swag/gaming tat you got there too... The Republic Commando artbook look especially nice.

Though the wait is a bit much!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ah, another person who'd bring their own Monopoly pieces to the family gaming table, I see! The most awkward I ever used was a wind-up McDonald's Happy Meal toy of Dr. Robotnik, which was bigger than each space on the board. Even free parking.

And thanks! All postage and packing delays aside, the timing worked out pretty well, given that these games kinda ended up serving as Christmas presents to myself.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Just picked up a few games in the sale:

Mark of the Ninja: Remastered
Oxenfree
Spirit of the North (PS5)
Wasteland 3
Frost Punk

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

I’ve just pre-ordered Horizon Forbidden West. I’m really interested to see how the PS4 version will compare to the PS5 game. The PS4 versions of games like Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Sackboy: A Big Adventure turned out great, so I have high hopes that Sony will do a good job.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Thrillho

@Keith_Zissou Well Edith Finch can be finished in a few sittings if needs be and I'd advise doing it in as few goes as possible too.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Keith_Zissou I was just gushing about Edith Finch on another thread. It’s great. If you like variety and trying new things, then you’ll like it. It’s quite unique.
And yeah, easily done in one weekend, and maybe even one sitting. (I’m thinking it was about 3 hours if memory serves but it’s been a while. I think it took me two sittings)

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gbarsotini

Resident Evil Origins, Steins Gate Zero

Edited on by Gbarsotini

Gbarsotini

Bentleyma

I have pre-ordered Dying Light 2. I’m looking forward to a decent co-op game.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

robhr

In physical, Shadow of the Colossus, haven't started it yet. More recently though I downloaded Star Ocean First Departure R and I've been playing the hell out of that. Almost at the end then I'm gonna play something else then go back and beat it again with different characters and get more trophies. A game I want to 100% is rare but this one I want to 100%.

Edited on by robhr

robhr

FSP

First game for my PS4 Grand Torismo Sports.

DONCASTER PHOENIX THEY ARE THE FUTURE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic