Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 4,206

HallowMoonshadow

Oh I had Flashback on the SNES @RogerRoger... Such a beautiful game at the time.

I never got past the... second area I think? Never got far in it's Playstation sequel Fade To Black though at all.

Hopefully the remaster is okay for you but I don't think I heard great things about it at all? Or maybe it was the remake that was naffed up?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy First up, 'ello! Great to see you back! I did have the thought the other day, that you'd be back around the holidays when you got free from work. Hope you've been okay?

I didn't realise Flashback was multiplatform back in the day. I did check a few reviews of the remaster before taking the plunge, regardless of its knockdown price, and they seemed pretty favourable, particularly for the Switch version (so I'm guessing the PS4 version will handle it fine). A quick Google tells me that the remake was on Xbox Live Arcade back in 2013, the era when everything was getting badly remade to make a quick buck. I presume that's the rubbish one, then!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Not just all work I'm afraid... I took a bit of an unannouced break from here @RogerRoger for a variety of reasons... But I'm okay now thank you rog!

Ahh ya know what? I think I recall why I was a bit confused now... I believe you could play the original version of Flashback within that terrible remake and I'm not entirely sure if that was safe from problems as well!

Hope it goes well!

Oh and how did Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver go by the way?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Well, yay for okay! I hope things stay that way!

I'll inadvertently rhyme again another day.

Oh, that makes sense, yeah. A lot of those resurrections did that kinda thing, if I recall correctly. Wasn't there that not-so-great Prince of Persia reboot that included the original? I know that Sonic Generations also had the original Sonic the Hedgehog in it, on consoles at least. Anyway, it's one thing to bring forward a port of your inspiration, but then to break it...?! Yeesh!

And er, Soul Reaver, yeah... [hangs head in shame] Fell of it pretty hard, I'm sorry to say. It wasn't the game's fault in the slightest, so I will get back to it someday! Promise!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Just ordered Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for €23. I've been wanting to get this game for quite some time and even though it's gone on sale numerous times, I just never felt like getting it. However, now that my interest for tactical RPGs has increased, I decided to finally get it. Looking forward to experiencing this series for the first time!

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge I remember playing it and highly enjoying it on PS3. For whatever reason, I came so close to finishing it but never did. I'm guessing I got stuck on a mission late in the game and never went back to it. I use YouTube videos to help me when I'm stuck now, and obviously I wish I did back then too as I likely would have finished it.

I've been tempted to get the Remastered version since I unfortunately sold my PS3 like an idiot when I got my PS4 Pro, but obviously haven't yet. Might have to finally buy the game at some point next year.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Ah, that sucks. Hopefully you can give it another crack next year and finally finish it!

Out of curiosity, are you a fan of tactical RPGs or were you simply interested in just this game?

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge I guess I'd say neither as I think that was the only one I've played, but it's not like I'd be opposed to playing others. I just haven't, but I do remember highly enjoying Valkyria Chronicles when I played it way back.

I still have the disc too. Just no PS3.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Th3solution

@LtSarge It’s a really good game and I think you’ll like Valkyria Chronicles. Definitely go for Valkyria Chronicles 4 as it’s equally as good.

As I said over on the Switch thread, I’m not much of one for tactical RPGs, mostly because they aren’t a genre that gets much notice on PlayStation as opposed to Nintendo, but the VK series is the one exception. Very enjoyable and a fresh change of pace.

I even played the all-but-forgotten Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP, which wasn’t half bad. VK3 never came to the West. And Valkyria Revolution is apparently abysmal, so avoid it like the plague. It has great cover art though.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution I actually already have Valkyria Chronicles 4 since I got it during a Black Friday sale years ago. That was another reason why I wanted to get the first game so that I could play through these games in order. But yeah, like you said, VC3 never came to the West but at least I can get VC2 on Vita if it turns out that I really like the series.

LtSarge

nessisonett

@Th3solution @LtSarge I actually have the English patch of VC3 on my Vita ready to play. I just have so little time 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Figured I'd pick it up for PS4 on the cheap. $10 is a pretty decent deal, I think. If I ever get a PS5, I'll be able to snag 4K/60 copies of it and Uncharted 4 for $10 extra, which seems like a decent deal.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

MS7000

Got Immortals Fenyx Rising. First Ubisoft game I have brought in a few years but I have been cautiously interested for a while. Already I am annoyed to heck.

What is with this forced login crap? Ubisoft come off as desperate. Trying to force me just means I won't do it out of spite. Just disconnected PS4 from the web. Also the menu is wierd, especially with the cursor. I went to controls to alter this with sensitivity and the game says that it only affects in-game camera and not the menu, so clearly Ubisoft know the menu is stupid!

Heck, I haven't even started the game yet, and they still managed to annoy me. Might update later when I have actually played some of the game.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

RogerRoger

@MS7000 As somebody who's ever-so-slightly interested in Immortals, but as somebody who also nodded along with all of your set-up annoyances, I'd love to know whether the game itself makes up for its opening headache, or whether it just ticks you off even more.

Making It So Since 1987

MS7000

@RogerRoger Played for a few hours so far. Just about got to the next area following the starting area. Comparisons with Breath of the Wild seem quite accurate in terms of gameplay, with the Ubisoft quirks. There is quite a bit of background narration from Zeus and Prometheus whenever anything story related happens in the middle of gameplay. Kind of annoying, but far from unbearable. Think I might need to play further to make up my mind, but have mixed feelings at present.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

RogerRoger

@MS7000 Thanks for the early update! Sounds like it makes the kinda first impression I expected it to, from what I'd read about it. At least your reaction isn't utter disgust or anything. Hope the balance ends up being more positive, the more you play. Best of luck!

Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@MS7000 @RogerRoger The menu cursor things is indeed a poor choice for consoles. They did the same for the last couple Assassin's Creed games. My guess is that it's mostly to save themselves for designing a separate UX for consoles and PC (where this kinda menu obviously works well with mouse input).
I actually liked this game a lot and ended up doing 100% of both the main game and all DLC. I have never played BotW though so I don't know how it compares. My favorite part was the puzzles.
The dialogue and narration can be borderline cringe at times but I actually grew to like it with time

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan Yeah, I think you're one of the reasons why I'm kinda interested in the game, as I recall you've previously posted favourably about it. Whilst I have played Breath of the Wild before (most of it, at least; never finished it) I don't have a special connection to the Zelda series, so merely found it an admirable take on a decade-old design. Means I'm open to other attempts at the same thing.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@MS7000 @Voltan Is Immortals the kind of game where you can complete it in 2 hours or in 100 hours, like (supposedly) BOTW is? Is that how they are similar?

I heard that part of the divisiveness of BOTW is the true open nature of the game, the flexible nature in which it can be approached, and the weapon degradation. So just wondering in what ways Immortals is different and the same.

I’ve not played BOTW yet, and hope to some day, if nothing else for just perspective since it’s considered an all-time great, but was wondering if playing one first will skew the enjoyment of the other.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution That’s not it. It’s mostly an Ubisoft open world game but it’s reminiscent of BOTW in both the visual style and some mechanics, such as climbing any surface with a stamina bar. I think the puzzle element might be another thing but I never played BOTW myself so I’m not sure if they’re that similar.

But no, you have to make your way through the main quest to beat Fenyx, can’t go straight to the final battle or anything like that. There’s a lot of optional stuff that lets you unlock upgrades and cosmetics and such. It’s kinda like Assassins Creed but with way more puzzles and a much lighter tone.

It’s also 50-60 hours to 100% (without DLC)

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic