Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,641 to 3,660 of 4,206

colonelkilgore

Just checked a couple off the wishlist with the new sale. Picked up Children of Morta and Deaths Gambit: Afterlife. There were a few more of my wishlist reduced… but as I’m in no rush to play them I’m gonna hold out for a bigger price reduction.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

Ran by the store and there was one lonely PS4 copy of pre-owned Cyberpunk 2077 left at $8, so I went ahead and grabbed it. A completely unplanned purchase, but I intend to just use it to upgrade to the PS5 version… one day. Maybe. Either way, I think it might be one of those games whose value increases so I was playing the market and ‘buying low.’

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution Wow that's a good price. Over here the prices of a new copy are close to the current PSN sale price.

Voltan

LtSarge

Just bought the two expansions for Assassin's Creed Origins, "The Hidden Ones" and "Curse of the Pharaohs", for €12 in total. The season pass wasn't on sale, but I remember when it was discounted last time that it was cheaper to just buy the two expansions separately because you also get a bunch of meaningless DLC packs with the season pass. So I decided to just get the stuff that I actually want to have.

I'm really excited to eventually start this game up as Odyssey is one of my favourite games of all time and it also had exceptional DLC.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@Voltan The pre-owned price is $13 but being a GameStop Pro member gives me a $5 discount. So with taxes and all it was a little over $8. I just checked the trade-in value of the game and currently they buy it back for $3.30. So if the value stays the same I could effectively play the game and sell it back, and my total cost for it will have been $5. Not many AAA PS5 games that you can play for that price.

Furthermore, there’s an outside chance that the demand for pre-owned copies will go up since the PS5 version is out now with the free upgrade, so the buy-back price might actually be higher in a few weeks. This happened with No Man’s Sky — I went to sell back my launch copy (which I payed full $60 price for) a couple months after release and they were only offering around $3 for it, so I decided to keep the game. Now, since it has had all the ongoing support and free updates they will buy it back for $11, close to quadrupled in value. So I wonder if a similar redemption story will happen for Cyberpunk.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Indivisible, Prototype and Prototype 2 in the Under £20 sale… all three combined for under £20.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@Keith_Zissou
Nice. I recently purchased it too as it's now down to an agreeable price. Will be interested to hear how you get on with it.

@colonelkilgore
I vaguely recall playing the Prototype games years ago, can't recall which platform on. I hope they're as much fun as I remember them being.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan yeah I had a little dabble with the first on PS3 and remember thinking it seemed cool but for one reason or another I didn’t stick with it. It was at a point when I was a casual gamer at best though… and if a game wasn’t exactly what I wanted it to be I was out.

Apparently Prototype is a Platinum-hunt from hell but the sequel is considered much more doable by completionists.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@Keith_Zissou
Well I'm kinda between main games right now and waiting for something to inspire or motivate me so I may even get to it next week, my backlog is always there but it's quite a loose agenda for me, just trying not to start too many things at once. Only picked it up as I got some vouchers for doing a survey recently and had nothing else I wanted!
I really enjoyed 7 so hopefully this should be as much fun.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Sorteddan @Keith_Zissou I recently completed Resident Evil 8, and yeah it is fantastic. I think i prefer it slightly to 7, which I thought dragged in places. Thought the start felt on rails a bit, but after a couple of hours it settles down once you get into the meat of the game. There are some brilliant sections and the enemies are so much better than the boring AF mould in 7. Enjoy guys!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

Elden Ring. I wasn’t going to buy it, but I couldn’t resist after seeing the amazing reception it’s received!

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

JohnnyShoulder

@Bentleyma Prepare to die. And cry.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Fragile @Keith_Zissou @Sorteddan It's a good game, but I did find it a bit difficult to play in places considering the subject matter and what you can do. Still it is worth a punt and it goes towards a good cause too.

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder @Fragile @Keith_Zissou
Oh yeah, it's been on my radar for ages anyhow. Supposedly great impactful and affecting indie game but difficult and quite dark from what I have read. Fact that it was on sale and profits going to good cause just meant now was the perfect time to stick it in the never ending backlog!

FSP

Last week i bought the wireless R W A Steering wheel as most of the game ill be buying will be
driving based. Also acquired a steering wheel stand so every thing is permanently setup wheel &
peddles .

DONCASTER PHOENIX THEY ARE THE FUTURE

FSP

Since i acquired the steering wheel i bought N F S Heat & F1 2021.

DONCASTER PHOENIX THEY ARE THE FUTURE

Anti-Matter

My Universe Cooking Star Restaurant

Anti-Matter

XandertheWise

Just bought WWE 2K22 to keep me busy and entertained

XandertheWise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic