Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,281 to 5,300 of 6,461

Th3solution

@render @Keith_Zissou I’m tempted to move Mass Effect LE up my playlist due to the consistent praise for the remaster. I never played the first game and only jumped in at 2 & 3.

The EA Play 3 month sub for $5 has me thinking about trying these out at some point in the next 3 months. Sucks that the next 3 months also has HFW, GT7, Elden Ring. Not sure what I want to do. I have a week to decide before the EA promotion is over.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Th3solution @Keith_Zissou I grabbed LE in the January sale along with It Takes Two, both of which are now on EA play now. They definitely didn't pick a good time for the promotion but for $5 even if you don't use it a lot it's still a good deal. If you can get even one ME game done in that time then you are generally up on the deal and there might be a few other things on there that you could have a look at.

My plan is to park ME2/3 for now until later in the year and get back to it after I've played HFW and Elden Ring. Those two games look so good they are worth putting everything else down for.

render

sorteddan

Started Children of Morta on PS4 and am really enjoying it so far, I like how each run seems to be leading to overall progression and the random bits of storyline about the family and game lore that keep popping up. I am definitely favouring one characters at the moment though so am gonna have to spend some time grinding with the others to unlock their passive skills.
Anyone looking for a new rogue-lite with interesting story/world should check some out reviews of this as it seems to have gone fairly under the radar.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

render wrote:

My plan is to park ME2/3 for now until later in the year and get back to it after I've played HFW and Elden Ring. Those two games look so good they are worth putting everything else down for.

Irrespective of having anything else to play in the meantime, your plan to break up the Mass Effect games is a very, very good one. Take it from me, the chap who got the Legendary Edition at launch and ended up playing the entire trilogy back-to-back in a little under a month.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

render

@RogerRoger That's some dedication and to get them all done within a month, I doff my cap to you 👍.

I did similar with the Nathan Drake collection and UC4, platinuming then as I went. It took me way longer than a month though but I just played one into the other. I was so burnt out on Uncharted after that but it's great to play UC4 again just for old times sake.

render

Th3solution

@render It Takes Two is the other game I wanted to try, if I can find a partner to play it with. The other EA play stuff doesn’t interest me. But like you say, even it I just get ME1 played, it’s well worth $5. I can always buy the Legendary Edition later when it drops on sale again.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Th3solution It Takes Two is a great game so hopefully you can find someone to play along with you. Off the back of that I bought A Way Out thinking that my wife would also enjoy that but she's not really been that taken with it. Seems it's a bit slow going for her, that and the prison setting is just not as much fun as the environments in It Takes Two.

render

CJD87

@Sorteddan I'm interested in grabbing this on my Switch for when travelling...

I absolutely loved Hades, and it was my #2 GOTY for 2021 (#1 was Returnal).

Assuming you've played Hades? How does CoM measure up?? It sounds like the progression model is quite similar to Hades, with various unlockables per run?

CJD87

sorteddan

@CJD87
I haven't played Hades enough to make a valid comparison unfortunately. I am aware that it has different weapons and perks which effect how you approach the gameplay whereas CoM has different characters with different weapons and skills which similarly effects how you approach it.
Any currency collected during a run is spent on the home hub area and provides upgrades to all characters so in that sense even a bad run is helping progression. What I am really liking though is that all characters have separate skill trees which include passive skills that again improve all of the characters meaning I'm going to have to get to grips with the slow lumbering sword melee dad in order to improve the others etc.
I wouldn't get it if you're hoping for another Hades - that was polished, flashy and won a whole host of game of the year stuff, CoM is much more understated but charming -very much it's own thing.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

Really enjoying Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, from what I remember about the previous game (which I liked), this one seems a lot better. Obviously it’s a fair bit more polished, what with it being on more recent hardware… but the whole structure of the narrative and mission types seem a step up too. As a big fan of Arkane, I reckon that this is right up there with the Dishonored games in regards to the best immersive sims that ive played.

I also managed to power through the various online trophies for The Division 2. That games been hanging over me for about 6 months… but I found a bit of motivation from somewhere and got them done. Still a fairly sizeable endgame grind left for the platinum… but it feels within my reach now.

**** DLC!

CJD87

@Sorteddan Thanks mate I'll add CoM to the old Switch wishlist and keep an eye for a sale bargain! Appreciate your recommendation, thanks again

CJD87

Anti-Matter

LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER

Getting more Red Bricks, new outfits, exploding the cars, wandering around with six pack body, do random things, etc.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 It was alright, it just didn’t feel as well paced at all. Plus the platforming kinda got in the way rather than added anything. It’s a weird game for sure.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

johncalmc

@kyleforrester87 @nessisonett I've played it for a few hours and I've done a few missions and it's strange. It's a long time since I played Doom, but I have no idea what's going on in this story but it seems to be acting like I should (?) and it also seems like there's loads more platforming and verticality.

Seems pretty good. Wasn't expecting Gone Home.

johncalmc

Twitter:

johncalmc

@kyleforrester87 I don't think I'm attached enough to Doom to care. While I liked Doom 2016, once the initial grinning at how absurd it all was had worn off it got a bit repetitive. By the end I was really ready for it to end. I only really need a few hours of blasting demons with a shotgun and I'm okay.

johncalmc

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@johncalmc I'm hardly a massive Doom fan either, just if I really concentrated and ignored the neon powerups in 2016 it almost felt like I was playing Dead Space at times.

Overall though the thing that annoyed me about Eternal is that it felt like I was always running out of ammo. I can understand why they give you much less (or even let you hold so much less) but ultimately I just thought it made it a lot less fun to play.

*Apparently your chainsaw refills 1 slot automatically for smaller demons in Eternal so you can get more ammo, I am not sure if I realised this fully since it doesn't do that in 2016. If so.. that really helps with the ammo problem lol.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic