Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,261 to 5,280 of 6,461

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Don't say we didn't warn you!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger I knocked it on the head at 60ā€¦ Iā€™ll try and find a spare hour or two to grab the last 40 tomorrow.

How come youā€™ve never played an Assassins Creed game anyway? It seems quite the anomaly šŸ¤”

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Just never got around to it. A lot of the early historical time periods didn't appeal to me, and I was busy playing other things. They've subsequently done a few settings of interest (namely the American Revolution and Ancient Egypt) but the problem is, the series seems prohibitively huge, complex and impenetrable nowadays, so I reckon I've probably missed the boat. I have a friend who's a big fan, and so I get to see lots of clips and screenshots from them anyway.

Never say never, though. If I clear my entire backlog and I see Origins going for a fiver someday...?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger fair enough. I kinda back-doored it myself. It was Ancient Greece and Odyssey that appealed to meā€¦ and like you, I was a little tentative about getting into something with so much story having already been told. It was great thoughā€¦ and it piqued my interest to try some of the others (which in turn made my mind up to eventually play them all). They appeal to my ocd (hell all Ubisoft single player games do)ā€¦ but I do find that I enjoy the settings/themes of each instalment too.

If you ever do find a spare month or so in your diary, Iā€™d imagine that AC Origins will really impress you. Itā€™s presentation of the late Ptolemaic period of Egypt really is something.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Thanks for the recommendation! Yeah, I've always known that if I'm gonna start anywhere, it'd likely be with Origins, because the beautiful setting would drag me through regardless of whether I like the gameplay or not. At the very least, I could wander around its educational mode and take pretty pictures of statues and whatnot. Sounds like you had a similar experience with Odyssey, so I'm glad it turned out well enough for you to continue consuming the series! Best of luck with 'em!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I think AC Origins would be a good starting point. Itā€™s something of a reboot of the franchise anyways, and although the concept of the animus is introduced in the first couple installments and Origins does little to explain the modern day events, itā€™s so much less important so as to just be easy to skim and almost ignore whilst you just enjoy 95% of your time as Bayek in Egypt.

If you were to try AC III (the American Revolution one) as an entry point it would be a lot less approachable from a narrative standpoint, as the modern day storyline is much more intermixed since itā€™s a continuation of Desmondā€™s story. So youā€™re prone to feel a little lost without the context of at least the Ezio trilogy beforehand.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

RogerRoger

@Th3solution My thanks, particularly for the warning about Assassin's Creed III there. I'd already heard that it was one of the weaker entries anyway, but knowing that it maintains closer connections to the ongoing present day stuff helps. I'd hate to pick the wrong one and swear off the entire series!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Donā€™t let people put you off Assassinā€™s Creed III entirely! Itā€™s worth playing if youā€™ve played the Italy ones especially for the modern day stuff but the actual Revolutionary War story is fantastic, one of the best actual stories in my opinion.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I also think Origins would be a good starting point for you. It has a good photo mode which I think you will appreciate!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

Iā€™ve finally finished Assassinā€™s Creed Valhalla, so Iā€™ll mostly be playing Switch games now. I will be playing Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection on the side though. I fancied something linear after the behemoth that was Valhalla and before the release of Horizon Forbidden West.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder Thanks for the additional Assassin's Creed recommendations, folks, and particularly that specific urging not to overlook the third game entirely. And yeah, part of my hesitation towards the more recent games is because I've seen their Photo Modes in action, and know the quality of shots they can produce. I'd lose hours to 'em!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Just belatedly started Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I was a bit concerned that it wouldnā€™t feel too next gen (for the time) compared to ā€¦ Human Revolutionā€¦ it does though in fairness. It seems to play smoother and actually looks quite beautiful compared to the previous entry.

@Jimmer-jammer as has been the case for me lately with games that Iā€™m not overly motivated to startā€¦ Iā€™m really liking what I see so far. Just finished the first mission and got back to Prague. Been fancying a cyber-punk game sinceā€¦ well, when Cyberpunk 2077 released to dulcet groans. Think this could be my fix until CD Project Red get their act together and release the PS5 version,

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore awesome! Itā€™s such a refreshing game to me. Really goes to the beat of its own drum. The interrogation mechanic is pretty neat too. If they ever get around to a sequel, Iā€™d like to see them go all in on that.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

LtSarge

Started playing Diablo 3 today. Been wanting to check out this series for a long time now and all this talk about Activision Blizzard has put me in a mood to play it. So far it's really good, the gameplay loop is so much fun and addicting. Really excited to play more of it soon!

Edit: Played some more of it on Vita via Remote Play and it works so well!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge The talk about Activision Blizzard made you more likely to play one of their games? If anything, Iā€™ve been boycotting their stuff since all the stories about yā€™know, abusing women until they kill themselves and stealing breast milk from fridges.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LtSarge

@nessisonett The talk about the acquisition and their IPs, not the horrible things they've done. It seems like the negativity of the PS community is rubbing off on you considering this hostile reaction. I'm just playing a game and having fun, not to mention that I've had the game in my backlog for years now. But thanks for ruining my mood by writing a completely unnecessary post telling me what games I should and shouldn't play.

LtSarge

render

@Keith_Zissou I finished ME1 last week and really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure what to expect as I thought it might struggle to hold up against something like GotG, which I'd played and heard had similar gameplay. I was suitably impressed though and made me realise how many games have taken inspiration from ME. The game does look amazing and the story is well delivered. The only negative thing that stuck out to me was how recycled a lot of the environments were but I'm assuming a lot of that was due to technical constraints of the day as it would have increased the size of the game for everything to be unique. Great game though šŸ˜€

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic