Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,301 to 5,320 of 6,460

Thrillho

@johncalmc @kyleforrester87 I just found it weird that Eternal stuck pretty much the whole story behind written logs which are so numerous that I couldn’t be bothered reading them.

I mean, you don’t play DOOM for its storytelling but the plot of 2016 was quite cool but never distracted from doing the fun stuff too much.

Thrillho

Bentleyma

I’m back to being addicted to The Elder Scrolls Online and that’s perfectly fine with me! Played it for just over 200 hours so far and I’ve barley scratched the surface.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

robhr

Star Ocean First Departure R.

Love it. I've been looking for a game like Star Ocean 2 since I couldn't find it on the PS Store, and this definitely scratches that itch, it's basically the same game with a different storyline. Still I want 2 though.

robhr

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Still playing through Dark Souls Remastered. I've just drained the water in New Londo Ruins and I'll be facing the Four Kings soon, got that ring from killing Sif so I can brave the abyss, and, yeah, looking forward to it. It was a bit of a chore draining the water is the path to Ingward (the guy you get the key to the seal from to where the lever to drain the water is) and the seal isn't strictly linear and it's easy to get lost, but I used a Youtube video to guide me and in the end, it was easier than I thought. How is your gaming going?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman we all have our bosses that, while no one else seems to have that much problems with the… we just really struggle… and the Four Kings are that for me. Don’t know why but they just really unpick my style.

**** DLC!

KilloWertz

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales

The original plan was to play Guardians of the Galaxy now, but I've been sick this whole week and I decided to play something much more laid back. I had been wanting to finally play it after I started watching Season 2 of the Netflix show, so I started it yesterday.

I'm enjoying it so far. In a way, I wish they didn't add things to Gwent to make it more complicated as I had the game down that was in The Witcher 3. I'm not sure if it's partially because I've been sick or not, but it's taking me a while to get a handle on the card game. Like I said though, I'm still enjoying it, and obviously the story and characters are top notch.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

KilloWertz

@Iver Yeah, a bit of a shame, but it's still good. I just have my laptop handy if I get stuck on a battle, which has happened a decent amount so far, especially the actual puzzle ones or one round ones that require you to do something specific.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman Hey man! Been really busy the last bit…I need to get back and finish my remastered run sometime. I think I actually stopped at Seath, in the crystal caves…I’ve been kind of jumping around games, waiting for Elden Ring and Horizon. I’ve been picking away at Jedi: Fallen Order, which I’ve quite enjoyed thus far. I’m not much of a Star Wars fan but this has been a good angle for me to come at it from.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer I loved Fallen Order, you get great bonuses for beating the game which I was pleased to get my hands on, the maps are labyrinthine, so good luck with that!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman thanks! It’s very well done…Labyrinthine, you’re not kidding! The level design has probably been my favourite part about it. I love making mental notes of where I can return to with the right ability. My most recent is the ability for B1 to power up equipment. It’s neat watching the levels slowly unfold and interconnect. Good stuff!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Bentleyma

Decided to play Genshin Impact again. I wish I liked it more than I do. I absolutely love the look of the game. The gameplay is enjoyable too. I just feel the free-to-play mechanics get in the way.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

XOF

@Bentleyma It's kinda what turned me away from playing the game when it came out, honestly. But I suppose it has its appeals?

On a side note: can you still get Aloy in Genshin Impact? I remember there was an event a while back but not sure if it was timed or not.

I make deliveries, that's all.

PSN: Homo-Ludens97

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Have you been getting lost at all? I'm not really gaming these days, more focusing on music, guitar playing and listening, which I'm happy to discuss with you in the music thread whenever you get around to listening to Bitches' Brew, but, yeah, back when I had the acumen to be a real gamer and play for hours I would spend ages getting lost in those maps, YouTube guides don't really help either as the maps are too big for them to be useful.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I hear ya. We just had a baby so I’ve been home full time. The schedule has been all over the place so I’ve had more gaming time late at night (and early morning) than I ever get. I went hard on Fallen Order and actually just finished it up last night. I haven’t been lost too bad until Dathomir. That place did mess with my head and I ended up running around like an idiot for a solid 40 minutes trying to get to a place that in hindsight wasn’t hard to find. I absolutely loved the game though. Easily my favourite Star Wars content. As someone from the outside looking in so to speak, the ending was unexpected and pretty awesome (I think you’ll know what I’m referring to).

As for Miles, I’m actually listening to Bitches Brew right now! About 1:15 into it. There was a long stretch that began about the 20 minute mark that was just fantastic! I’ll have more complete thoughts about the album later, away from hearing our 3 year old assert to me every 5 minutes, “I kind of don’t like this song.” 😂

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer I can commiserate, I struggled with Dathomir as well until I found out where I was supposed to be going. @colonelkilgore and Jimmer I went back to Dark Souls Remastered and beat the Four Kings again, colonel, they weren't as bad as you made them seem, got them on my second attempt with Havel's armour on and a +5 Greatsword. It's like you say though, different people struggle with different bosses. That's great about the 'Brew album Jimmer, I'm looking forward to your more complete thoughts (hopefully in The Music Thread, where we can discuss it in a depth that befits the piece) on the album and not surprised that your 3 year old didn't like it.😂

Gunnerzaurus

Going for the Assassins Creed 2 platinum now! Been quite a ride revisiting this game.

Gunnerzaurus

PSN: Gunnerzaurus

RogerRoger

Looks like I'm gonna be dividing my immediate gaming future between Flashback: 25th Anniversary (a nostalgia trip with needlessly convoluted controls) and Jak X: Combat Racing (a nostalgia trip with needlessly convoluted controls), both on my PS4 Pro.

It's so nice to be holding a DualShock4 again. Feels just like coming home.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@RogerRoger played that Flashback game last year. Managed to finish it but Blimey it was hard! Though I kind of remembered that it would be from owning it @ 25-30 years ago on Amiga where I don't recall ever making any real progress - back in the days before internet guides and vids could show you where to go and how to do it.
So good luck with it but remember t 'net is there If you get stuck like I did and keep running back and forth between the same few screens!

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic