Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,301 to 5,320 of 5,665

Thrillho

@jdv95 Y3-5 were pretty much just ports of the old games so they look a bit rough but were serviceable enough when I played through them (although going to them now I'm used to 60fps PS5 game might have been even tougher!).

The Kiwami games were more remasters putting the games into the engine used for Zero so they looked and felt much smoother. There were also a few changes in the first game to link in events of Zero for those of us who played it first.

I was pretty pleased to see 3-5 come to PS4 though as I hadn't long completed YK2 and was wondering if I'd have to dig out my PS3 and find the games on eBay or something.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman not bad dude, have hit a couple of walls on Rise of the Tomb Raider & Yakuza Kiwami though… think I’m 3 trophies off the platinum on the former and 1 off the latter but I just feel a bit burned out. Just started Assassins Creed 2.

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore It’ll be interesting to see how you take to Assassin’s Creed 2. My mum’s been loving it despite the admittedly dated controls resulting in a lot of death by falling from great heights!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett I’ve quite enjoyed it for the most part. Like the setting and Ezio etc… but the combat is so bad no the parkour is noticeably worse than the later instalments that I’ve played also. I get it though, it’s understandable what with how old it is 🤷‍♂️

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore The combat’s serviceable in my opinion but absolutely nothing special! The parkour just likes to throw you off buildings occasionally. The setting and characters really elevate it for me, it’s still one of my favourites even though I’ve played every game in the series now.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Hmm yeah I did wonder how Assassin's Creed 2 would be like to play in this day and age, especially if you've played the more recent games previously.

Just don't bother with those damn feathers!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

Just don't bother with those damn feathers!

😂… you know I’m gonna though right?

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder @colonelkilgore Oh goodness, yes, I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before and even I know not to bother with the damn feathers!!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Don't say we didn't warn you!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger I knocked it on the head at 60… I’ll try and find a spare hour or two to grab the last 40 tomorrow.

How come you’ve never played an Assassins Creed game anyway? It seems quite the anomaly 🤔

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Just never got around to it. A lot of the early historical time periods didn't appeal to me, and I was busy playing other things. They've subsequently done a few settings of interest (namely the American Revolution and Ancient Egypt) but the problem is, the series seems prohibitively huge, complex and impenetrable nowadays, so I reckon I've probably missed the boat. I have a friend who's a big fan, and so I get to see lots of clips and screenshots from them anyway.

Never say never, though. If I clear my entire backlog and I see Origins going for a fiver someday...?

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger fair enough. I kinda back-doored it myself. It was Ancient Greece and Odyssey that appealed to me… and like you, I was a little tentative about getting into something with so much story having already been told. It was great though… and it piqued my interest to try some of the others (which in turn made my mind up to eventually play them all). They appeal to my ocd (hell all Ubisoft single player games do)… but I do find that I enjoy the settings/themes of each instalment too.

If you ever do find a spare month or so in your diary, I’d imagine that AC Origins will really impress you. It’s presentation of the late Ptolemaic period of Egypt really is something.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Thanks for the recommendation! Yeah, I've always known that if I'm gonna start anywhere, it'd likely be with Origins, because the beautiful setting would drag me through regardless of whether I like the gameplay or not. At the very least, I could wander around its educational mode and take pretty pictures of statues and whatnot. Sounds like you had a similar experience with Odyssey, so I'm glad it turned out well enough for you to continue consuming the series! Best of luck with 'em!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I think AC Origins would be a good starting point. It’s something of a reboot of the franchise anyways, and although the concept of the animus is introduced in the first couple installments and Origins does little to explain the modern day events, it’s so much less important so as to just be easy to skim and almost ignore whilst you just enjoy 95% of your time as Bayek in Egypt.

If you were to try AC III (the American Revolution one) as an entry point it would be a lot less approachable from a narrative standpoint, as the modern day storyline is much more intermixed since it’s a continuation of Desmond’s story. So you’re prone to feel a little lost without the context of at least the Ezio trilogy beforehand.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

RogerRoger

@Th3solution My thanks, particularly for the warning about Assassin's Creed III there. I'd already heard that it was one of the weaker entries anyway, but knowing that it maintains closer connections to the ongoing present day stuff helps. I'd hate to pick the wrong one and swear off the entire series!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Don’t let people put you off Assassin’s Creed III entirely! It’s worth playing if you’ve played the Italy ones especially for the modern day stuff but the actual Revolutionary War story is fantastic, one of the best actual stories in my opinion.

Diamond_Dog

Been getting back into the groove with Far Cry 5 after some false starts. I’ve given myself till the beginning of February to get most of it done, I’m warming to the setting, although it seems more chaotic than previous entries barely enough time to smell the coffee. Some pretty lazy asset duplication and dialogue that jumps ahead of time but otherwise pretty fun and very farcry-y. I’ve just taken care of John and destroyed his bunker

Edited on by Diamond_Dog

On hiatus. Back soon 👍

PSN: Bundersvessel

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I also think Origins would be a good starting point for you. It has a good photo mode which I think you will appreciate!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

I’ve finally finished Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, so I’ll mostly be playing Switch games now. I will be playing Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection on the side though. I fancied something linear after the behemoth that was Valhalla and before the release of Horizon Forbidden West.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentleyma-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic