Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,541 to 4,560 of 6,458

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore it’s really impressive to me how ND are able to maintain this balance of being so low on resources, so as to build tension and anxiety, yet just enough to make the impending scenario doable. It’s quite something.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer yeah that’s something I’ve noticed recently too… the ‘if I can just make it to the next cut-scene’ feeling.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore @Jimmer-jammer @Th3solution @nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder "Guess who's back, back again..." I am taking a break from my break to play RDR2, Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-reckoning, and FFVII Remake, just started RDR2 and man, those wolves are annoying, any idea how many times you have to fight them in the game? Hope you have all been well and what are you all playing right now?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman 🤣 taking a break from your gaming break to play three pretty huge to huge games all at once!

Haven’t played RDR2 for a while but I assume your talking about the winter section right at the start… i honestly don’t remember fighting too many wolves but different geographical locations have different wildlife. So I assume that depending on where you are, will dictate what you face. I gotta go back to it myself, couldn’t get into it first time around but I know that if I’m in the right mood I’ll end up loving it.

Anyway, enjoy your break from your gaming break 🥲

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Great to see you’re back in the saddle again (ba-dum-tshh! 😄)

RDR2 is a really great game. It’s main drawback is the pacing, since it is fairly slow paced in a lot of sections. That beginning one is actually one of the harder parts to get through because it kinda drags for a couple hours. I think the wolves and wildlife in general is pretty variable throughout the game, like the colonel says. You can go out looking for animals to hunt soon and it becomes a big part of the game’s side content.

KoA is also a really great game, although I hear the remaster had a few problems, so hopefully they’ve patched those.

And yeah, I’ll be right there for FF7R soon too!

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman welcome back! I also remember the opening hours of RDRII being pretty slow, even by it’s own standards. Once things open up, and you settle into a rhythm, there is a huge world to get lost in with quite the epic story to unfold. As for the wolves, I don’t remember any particular beef with them, but it’s been a while. The game is massive.

I’ve been curious about Kingdoms of Amalur since it came out but never took the plunge so I’m interested to hear what you make of it.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman Those are pretty substantial games to jump back into after a break from gaming!

I've only played a small section of RDR2 and it was part way through the game, so am unable to offer any advice. Can't you do a guts build and hit the wolves with a greatsword?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LtSarge

Started playing Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight today and it's been a lot of fun thus far. It's sad to see no actual story mode like in P4: Dancing All Night but at least there's a "Social mode" where you basically hang out with all the Phantom Thieves members. I haven't found any particular remixes of tracks that have stuck with me yet, but the list of songs is still excellent due to how great the soundtrack is in P5. It's also too bad that the added songs from P5R aren't in P5D but yeah, there's not much to do about that. I'm definitely enjoying this game a lot though after having finished P5R and just wanting to hang out with the gang some more before moving on.

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou yeah, perfect example there... Naughty Dog are so unique. Theyre not my favourite developer... not even my favourite Sony first-party but they do something no one else seems able. And although their games really aren't my 'type' of games, I always really enjoy them. Maybe this specific trait (how they balance the difficulty for you from checkpoint to checkpoint) is a big reason.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@Keith_Zissou @colonelkilgore Part II had quite a few similar moments for me as well. The larger, busier environments meant I often hit those, “Time to RUN!” moments. The‘collectibles’ run I started turned into a ‘restart encounter’ run which turned into just another play through. There are some seriously intense encounters to be had.

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou @Jimmer-jammer I'm so looking forward to Part 2. Im really curious about it too... I mean 1 is so universally loved and 2 is loved and hated in equal measure. Really hoping its the former for me 🤞.

I'm nearly done on the original now... just got the hospital section (& the epilogue) left when I get home from the office and that should be the plat.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore awesome! That’s not an easy plat to earn. Part II looks a lot more straightforward trophy-wise. One day I’ll earn the plat, I tell myself. I’m excited to hear your thoughts. I fall into the former, mostly. Concerning gameplay and design, Part II is, for me, ND’s greatest achievement in their history. Level design, scenario design, pacing, balance, difficulty, art design, audio design, environmental interaction, emergent systems and graphics and animation are all incredible and a marked step up from previous work.

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou so I’m obviously still to play the sequel but I would add that my recent run on Survivor+ of the original really upped the ante on the infected encounters. Their hearing and the range of sight on the stalkers and runners really made the difference.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @Jimmer-jammer Still playing through RDR2, I had a shootout in the 'Old Friends' mission wherein I also lassoed and hogtied an escaping O'Driscoll boy, he's back at our camp now

Loving the game so far, really immersive, decent gaming experience, can't wait for the 'open-world' aspects of it to open up to me.

How are your games going?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @Jimmer-jammer Also, there will always be inevitable comparisons to the GTA series, what with both series being made by Rockstar, and, after playing a bit of San Andreas and GTAV, alternatively, the setups for the missions and mounted combat seem quite similar, you can really see RDR2 as a spiritual successor to the GTA games eh? What do you think?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Jimmer-jammer

@Keith_Zissou @colonelkilgore a few of the infected encounters that immediately spring to mind in Part II were some of the most intense gaming experiences I’ve ever had. Not taking anything away from the first game but it definitely felt like they hit harder to me. Perhaps playing the majority of it post 10:00pm isolated in the dark with headphones wasn’t a great idea 😂

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah, the influence is definitely there. It’s interesting, I see GTA and Red Dead as linear open world games. There is no narrative choice and only one way to really complete any given mission, yet the world is so open, so detailed and so full of things to find. It’s a sandbox approach that makes it feel like you have so much freedom, which you do, but not in the way things happen narratively. It’s an interesting but effective balance. I really, really like the campfire/posse aspect of RDRII.

Haven’t had much time for gaming lately unfortunately but I’ve really been enjoying The Pathless!

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer that sounds epic, I’m all about getting the old heart pounding during my gaming. Hopefully the next 3 weeks don’t drag too much until I play it.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I haven’t played much GTA, but yeah, I can see the resemblance with RDR.
The whole sandbox thing is really enjoyable. Changing up your beard style, hair, and clothes is a whole mini-game in and of itself. Glad you enjoy it so far.

I actually didn’t have much gaming time but I jumped back into A Plague Tale today, and am probably toward the end on it. I’ll probably do a couple runs of Returnal later. I did finish the main game and saw the credits roll on it, but there is a 3rd Act, sort of a epilogue of sorts, so I’m wanting to get through that.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic