Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,521 to 4,540 of 6,458

Gamer83

Resident Evil 2 remake on PS5. Last time I played the game was back 2019 on my launch-day PS4 on a 1080p tv. In some ways it's like a new game on the PS5 with a 4K tv.

Gamer83

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore I played with a guide when I went through and still missed stuff, and I couldn’t get one or two of the jokes to trigger no matter what I did.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho really, that sucks. I got the jokes, the convo’s, the pendants and the manuals… and I have a save point not too far before the epilogue, so if the trophy still doesn’t pop after collecting Ellie’s artifacts in Survivor+ I’ll just load that save and inspect Ellie’s items then.

Still, all that depends on if I’m able to get through a Survivor play-through 😅

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@render started the Survivor+ run on The Last of Us: Remastered this morning and as I said on the trophy thread, I assumed losing the Listen Mode would be the big difference between this and the other difficulties… I was wrong. There is a massive difference in the amount of materials dotted around the game world and every infected (not just clickers) can hear you sneak unless your moving at like an inch a minute.

It’s good though, I’m actually appreciating the absence of the Listen Mode as you really have to think about things a lot more.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore It’s always interesting to see whether a mechanic like that is essential to a game or whether you just end up using it as a crutch.

It’s like when MGS3 got rid of the radar, it seemed like it would be impossible but actually makes the game much more fun.

Conversely, playing through TLOU2 a second time with modifiers on for unlimited ammo and supplies (as well as starting the game with all weapons already) unsurprisingly makes that quite a different experience too! Very handy for mopping up collectibles for the platinum though

Thrillho

render

@colonelkilgore @Thrillho I remember when I played TLoU the first time through I actively tried not to use listen mode at all but there are those situations where you end up saying "just this once", and then before you know it you are using it a lot more so totally agree with the crutch thing.

Part of the experience though is the tension of knowing that you've got to make the most of what you've got. On normal and hard it never seemed like there were loads around but there was enough to scrape by so I can totally appreciate how much that would change things. I can think of a few levels on both 1 and even more so 2 where having less of everything would have meant you were having to really use your whits and make the most of the environment.

I've not got all the collectables so will have to do one of those full modifier runs but I might also pick a few levels and try on Survivor+ to see if they are as bad as I think they would be!!

render

sorteddan

I actually did my first play through without using it. Accidentally. I think I played the tutorial, left it for a few months then played it having forgotten all of the controls. As tapping the button just did a crouch I didn't actually hold it down to go into listen mode at any point. I thought the game was pretty difficult for such a lauded mainstream game.
Later I started a new game+ for collectibles etc and It made me do the tutorial again. Serious face palm moment.
@colonelkilgore @Thrillho @render

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

render

@Sorteddan So you made it more challenging without even realising it!

render

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho @render @Sorteddan yeah ‘crutch’ is the word… you end up using it on a ‘special occasion’ (ie room filled with clickers and runners) and before you know it your checking R1 every couple of steps 😅. It’s one of the main reasons I hope From Soft never bow down with an easy mode… yes vets and masochists ‘could’ still choose to play it on hard but for some (certainly not me like… oh no, don’t be so silly 😉) it would just be too tempting.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Sorteddan I’ve done that with other games — where I either forget or don’t pay attention to the tutorials (or some games just don’t do tutorials well at all) and inadvertently play the whole game without using a key skill that would have helped me. Or more often, I just don’t understand how a weapon or a mechanic works so I just ignore it. Like in Horizon Zero Dawn I didn’t really get the full grasp of the rope-caster at first until I realized I could nail down flying enemies and then I just spammed that for almost everything. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Awesome isn't it? That moment of dawning realisation of how much time/effort you could've saved if only you had paid attention or could remember stuff.
Nice to know it's not just me.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@Sorteddan I think there was a game I played within the last couple years where I didn’t realize I could fast travel until toward the end of the game. So I’d wasted a bunch of time running back and forth.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bentleyma

Just finished LEGO City Undercover. Not sure what to play next. Might crack on with Diablo III before the second game is out in September.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@render so… close of play on Survivor+, I’ve just met up with Henry and Sam… was hoping to be a bit further through it by now but not too bad.

Difficulty-wise, I found the high school a genuine spike as it’s just so tough to stealth kill infected when your maximum undetectable sneak speed is so slow. Everything after hasn’t been too bad though, including the Hotel basement (which… I’m not gonna lie, was ‘concerning’ me). If I can keep up this progress with a couple hours tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday… I shouldn’t be too far off.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- When you say you've "finished" LEGO City Undercover, do you mean that you've seen its story through and watched the credits, or did you stick around and test your patience for pixelated plastic by getting a 100% statistic on your save file?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

render

@colonelkilgore That sounds infuriating. I’m not sure I could be as patient you and I’d be raking up the deaths. I remember that high school bit being particularly tricky, especially in the sports hall.

You are going to be doing well if you can get through it before the weekend is out 😉

render

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger I just did the story and the occasional side activity. There are 450 Gold Blocks to collect and I had about 85 when I finished. LEGO City Undercover definitely has far to many collectibles. My trophy completion currently sits on 40% and that’s good enough for me to move on!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore Nice work! The higher difficulties are no joke! I attempted a grounded run of remastered and made it to winter but never finished it. Don’t think I will. I like a challenge but I found it was sucking my enjoyment out of the game. Crushing in Uncharted 4 on the other hand was a fun and fulfilling challenge, though some of the later gun fights bordered on too much… I completed Part II on hard and that felt like a perfect balance. I thought the A.I. was phenomenal, though brutally murdering 3 ‘Johns’ in a row is definitely chuckle-worthy and not at all impactful, at least not in the way ND was hoping. 😂

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Smart move. LEGO games are great for offering so much activity, but they can definitely outstay their welcome at times and, from what I gather, LEGO City Undercover is one of the biggest (and therefore inadvertently one of the most laborious to completely complete). I don't blame you for moving on, especially with such a nice, round trophy percentage!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer so far I'd say Survivor is a good balance, so I'd probably end up agreeing with you about Grounded if I tried it.

I'll be attempting all the Uncharted platinums in the coming years, so good to know that Crushing is still fun and doable.

... and as I'll have played TLoU so recently on a harder difficulty, I'm definitely thinking I should play the sequel on Hard at least. I dunno, maybe Normal will tempt me with its more materials etc by the time I start it but right now I'm thinking hard.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic