Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 4,501 to 4,520 of 6,461

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @nessisonett @TheBrandedSwordsman @JohnnyShoulder @Jimmer-jammer Actually, when I took on the challenge of Bloodborne, I tried playing straight up, and ran into the usual frustrations. It was only when players on the Bloodborne thread urged me to use YouTube for finding techniques to help with bosses that things started to come together. If the choices are to rage quit or utilize the game’s quirks to shift the tides in your favor, I’ll take the latter. I’ll try to take down bosses on my own the first couple times, but then it’s to YouTube I go!

I think cheats are great in general, especially if you have to do a little searching for them online. I did the Infinite gold bar cheat in Red Dead Redemption 2 (not sure if they’ve patched that out yet) and had so much money I couldn’t even spend it all. 😅 But it didn’t sour my experience with the game, which I really loved and still think very fondly back on.

The best cheats and cheeses are the ones you find yourself though. In Control, I kept dying in the second Tomassi boss fight, considered by many to be the toughest fight in the game. I looked up videos and read strategies, but nothing helped. Finally I discovered a very simple strategy that made the fight almost trivial, which I saw no one online had used.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution The second Tomassi is the hardest? I must have been doing something wrong, because that's one of the bosses I never died on!

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried I thought so. But there are quite a few different opinions online. Although Tom2 is widely considered one of the hardest, some say Former, some say Mold-1, some say Essej… all of which didn’t cause me too much grief. Salvador was tough, but the ones I died the most was Tomassi 2, Hartman, and Marshall.

I think it might have a lot to do with playstyle. I am more of a stand-still / fight behind cover type of player, which I was forced to adapt during my playthrough because you really need to stay on the move in the game and certain bosses favor those who can run-and-gun better. It would interesting to see if I’d have an easier time after playing Returnal, since staying on the move is even more essential in that game.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bentleyma

Gave Hunter’s Arena: Legends a go. It’s actually fairly decent if you look past the average graphics. Definitely something I’ll keep installed and dabble in every now and then.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma- what game would you compare the melee combat too... ie Devil May Cry, Dark Souls, Arkham/Witcher or nothing like any of them?

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

@colonelkilgore Hmmm, I’d say the combat is very similar to Dynasty Warriors. You have a couple of different attacks and several skills you can use, as well as one special attack.

Bentleyma

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma- okay, never played Dynasty Warriors but I know what you mean… aren’t they referred to as muso games or something… where you bat away like 100 enemies with each swing of your sword?

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

@colonelkilgore Yeah. The game itself is nothing like Dynasty Warriors though. It’s a battle royale game, so you’ll only ever fight a few enemies at a time.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

colonelkilgore

Probably about halfway through my The Last of Us: Remastered recap playthrough and it’s triggered a lot of memories deep in my subconscious. I remember a similar thing happened when I replayed the first two Uncharted games… it must be something to do with the way Naughty Dog design their levels but I completely forget them and then when I replay them I’m like “Ahh, this is where that vague memory stems from… brilliant!”.

I always appreciate Naughty Dog games more than i initially think that I will too.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

Putting it here since I’m sure people will be interested in the game on console too but I gave Back 4 Blood’s beta a go on PC. It’s alright. It doesn’t really try to differentiate itself from Left 4 Dead but honestly that’s what everyone seems to want from it. The main differentiating factor is a card system that adds buffs to your team and you draw one at the start of each map. Hordes are a little easy and can be cleared without much communication but bots are absolutely brain dead so you do really need a full team. There’s a bit too much of the whole stats malarkey despite it not making much difference if your gun has 56 handling so long as you point at the zombie and shoot them. It’s a decent start but I do think it needs a lot more carnage.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I know he gets a lot of flack from some people, but i thought Troy Baker's performance was phenomenal. I never really paid that much attention to voice actors in video games, but that made me appreciate the craft a whole lot more.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore are you moving straight into part II upon completion?

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yeah his performance as Joel is so good... probably the best videogame performance of all time imho. Irl Troy Baker does come over a bit pretentious but he is undoubtedly very talented.

@Jimmer-jammer 'almost'... I'm gonna try and playthtough TLoU again on Survivor+ for the plat straight after. Then I'm gonna play something very different... maybe one of the SuperGiant games, or maybe Just Cause 3 to freshen things up for The Last of Us part 2 in early September.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore cool! Considering the devastatingly brutal nature of the series, that’s probably wise. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it. It’s what I’d consider a flawed masterpiece, but that’s a discussion for another day.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

Played probably the most demoralising game of anything ever online there on Overwatch. Guy on the voice chat starting ranting and raving genuinely homophobic nonsense, at which point I basically told him to quit it in the text chat. Which then made me a target and meant for the next half an hour he was calling me a f*ggot, with plenty of absolutely horrific things about my parents hating me etc, you get the gist. My attempts to then tell the entire match to report him ended up the rest of my team covering for him and saying that I was making it up, which anybody looking at the voice logs would know is untrue. It was clearly a burner account too, which makes me think that he’s been banned before and yet can just go on and make a new account. It makes me think like what’s the actual repercussions for this stuff? There aren’t any. I basically just have to report him and then suck it up. I know it’s just a game and I’m a grown adult but I’m surprised at genuinely how upset I actually am, for it to be so blatant and targeted in this day and age is insane.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I remember a while back, someone came on here boasting they they have been banned many times and would just come back on another account. Surely Sony could just block the ip address for the console or something? But then how would that effect other users on that console? He may have a younger sibling that plays, which wouldn't be fair on them. I suppose that would highlight the issue though.

Anyway, it is horrible being on the receiving end of abuse no matter how trivail it may seem, especially if the rest of the group are so blasé towards it. Hopefully the individual will face some more meaningful punishment.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@nessisonett
Yeah well you would feel bad, most people would.
I assume the game has no way of muting individuals?
Some people are just dicks.
And banning them would only anyway be slight reprieve as they would still get to exist as that person in the real world.
I think the only light is that people holding such opinions seem less common as time passes so hopefully will eventually become non existent.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Apologies if I'm dragging up something that you've successfully moved on from, but I'm just shocked to read about your Overwatch experience up there. A lone jerk is one thing, but for the entire team (of strangers, I assume) to then circle the wagons on his behalf makes for a heartbreaking twist. I'd have expected better public support in this day and age. I really hope you're feeling better about online gaming, and that such cunning stunts don't dent your enthusiasm for such escapism.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Just finished my (supposed) 100% collectibles playthrough of The Last of Us: Remastered but the trophy for all artifacts (and subsequently the trophy for all collectibles) didn’t pop. After a bit of research it appears that I didn’t open Ellie’s rucksack and inspect the contents during the Winter Hunt section.

I have to play through again on Survivor+ anyway, so hopefully if I inspect Ellie’s items on this play-through they will be counted with the others I collected last time.

Apart from that minor frustration, loved it… hold it in a lot higher regard than I did after my first play-through back in 2014.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic