Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,881 to 3,900 of 6,460

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I think you've just about summed it up there, yes, it's a 3D puzzle platformer set in a small series of sandboxes, although some of its later sections do become a little more linear. I (still) haven't played Journey and so can't make that direct comparison, I'm afraid, but I'd say that its level design reminds me of the first Jak & Daxter, albeit with all of the combat removed. Critics compared its mechanics to some Zelda games but, again, I know that's not exactly a common frame of reference for us!

It's a combat-free environmental puzzle platformer. I think that's the best I can say, without going into details that'd risk spoiling things for you. It's also nice and short, which helps.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks, I feel like there definitely a time and mood for it on my playlist, based on your description. Short is always nice. I like to mix those shorter games in when I feel like I’m running in quicksand with one of these huge epic 80 hour jaunts.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@bluedex Excellent, glad to hear you're making progress, I might dust off my copy of The WIld Hunt myself at some point and join you.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

RogerRoger

@Th3solution No problemo. I do the same; just brace yourself for the feels!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

I’ve decided to just continue on with the Hitman trilogy after Game Club so I’m replaying Hitman 2’s levels through 3. Somehow managed to get all 4 of the Classics challenges in Miami in one run 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

Gonna start Subnautica today, it’s been hanging about my installed games on the PS4 so just want to get it out the way so that I can uninstall really... heard it’s good though.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

Playing through Nioh now, just levelling up, farming for xp in the first area, lookout Yokai, I'm comin' for ya!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Curious how Subnautica is, so let us know your thoughts. It doesn’t look like my type of game (survival isn’t necessarily my favorite, nor underwater gameplay) but the relative praise has me curious enough.

@TheBrandedSwordsman Did you finish Drake’s Fortune, or just taking breaks from it?
I played a tiny bit of Nioh once, and it seems like a high quality game. I suspect it will scratch the Souls itch a little bit for you.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah be interested to hear your thoughts on Nioh, I wasn't as keen as most people seem to be. Combat felt really good, everything else I was a bit meh over.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I loved the first Nioh game but have never felt a desperate need to play the second.

I found that a good way of getting decent gear was to summon dead player characters and beat them. Using a long spear was an easy way of beating these “ghosts” from what I remember.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah I’m not really into survival myself, seems decent though... the little of it I’ve played so far.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman Nioh is great! The pipe smoking frog boss was such a memorable fight for me. For what it’s worth, @Thrillho , I think Nioh 2 is a much better game. The drastically increased enemy variety alone makes it a far more fleshed out experience. Don’t sleep on it if you’re in the mood!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb @shogunrok @quintumply Here's a list of every hidden demo on PS4 (ie they are not available in the demo section) you have to click in the games to find them. Credit to whitefumeknight over on Reddit;
httpss://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/n0f7k7/every_hidden_ps4_demotrial_you_can_download/

16-Bit Soccer
428 Shibuya Scramble
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
Age of Wonders: Planetfall
Backgammon Blitz
Baseball Riot
Bear With Me - The Lost Robots
Blue Rider
Claybook
Clockwork: Tales Of Glass and Ink
Comet Crash 2: The Kronkoid Wars
Croc's World
Croc's World 2
Croc's World 3
Croc's World Run
Dark Arcana: The Carnival
Dark Mystery
Demon Hunter: Revelation
Dreamwalker: Never Fall Asleep
DRL Simulator
Dynasty Warriors 9
Endless Fables: Dark Moor
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala
Epic World
Eventide: Slavic Fable
Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror
Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends
F1 2016
F1 2017
F1 2018
F1 2019
F1 2020
Family Mysteries: Poisonous Promises
Family Mysteries 2: Echoes of Tomorrow
Far Cry 4
Football Nation VR Tournament 2018
Ghost Files: Memory of a Crime
Gladiator: Blades of Fury
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
Grim Legends 3: The Dark City
Homefront: The Revolution
Honor and Duty: D-Day
Horror Adventure
Horse Racing 2016
How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition
Inside
Is it Wrong to Try to Shoot 'em up Girls in a Dungeon?
Jewel Fever
Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne
Little Nightmares
Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom
Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery
Mass Effect Andromeda
Metro: 2033 Redux
Metro: Last Light Redux
Modern Tales: Age of Invention
Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker
NASCAR Heat 3
Nightmares From The Deep: The Cursed Heart
Nightmares From The Deep 2: The Siren's Call
Nightmares From The Deep 3: Davy Jones
Noir Chronicles: City of Crime
Pacific Wings
Path of Sin: Greed
Persian Nights: Sands of Wonders
Persian Nights 2: Moonlight Veil
Prey
Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past
Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn
Queen's Quest 4: Sacred Truce
Rainbow Moon
Rec Room
Rollercoaster Dreams
Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child
Shadow Tactics
SpeedRunners
Spelunky
Statik
SUPERHYPERCUBE
Super Kids Racing
Super Mega Baseball 2
Super Mega Baseball 3
Super Motherload
Sword Art Online Alicization
Tembo The Badass Elephant
Tennis in the Face
Terraria
The Crew
The Crew 2
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan
The LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game
The Path of Motus
The Secret Order: Shadow Breach
The Secret Order: Return to the Buried Kingdom
The Unknown City - Episode 1
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Episode 1
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
Tom Clancy's The Division
Tom Clancy's The Division 2
Trackmania Turbo
Trine 2: Complete Story
Tumble VR
Uncharted Tides: Port Royal
UNO
Unravel
Vroom Kaboom
Watch_Dogs 2
Water Balloon Mania
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Yoku's Island Express
Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Bentleyma

I am currently playing Sonic Mania. I wish it didn’t rely on the old stages as much as it does. Good game though.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution so Subnautica is undoubtedly very well made but I can already tell that I’m gonna struggle with motivating myself to play it. It’s got elements of things that I like, it’s deep (literally and figuratively), planning is essential for steady progress, the game world seems large and diverse... but I just struggle with a lack of ‘action’. I keep thinking about what else I could be doing, as even little things take thought and time.

I’m not saying I won’t continue with it but I’m gonna leave it unless the mood takes me... which could be quite few and far between. For anyone who likes survival games though, it seems a very good one.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Ralizah

Haha. Maxed out my stats and ranked up to level five of Kasumi's social link (guaranteeing my access to the full third semester content, since I already did Maruki and Akechi) on the same day. Also got past that annoying mouse section in Shido's cruise ship palace.

That was a productive session of Persona 5 Royal.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Thrillho

@Bentleyma- I found the old levels on Sonic Mania quite disorientating. Despite not having played the games in well over a decade, I knew exactly when the levels strayed from their original layout and it felt so wrong!

The special stages chasing the thing around the track gave me proper headaches too..

Thrillho

Bentleyma

@Thrillho I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve ran through Green Hill Zone over the years! It was nice to see Flying Battery Zone though.

Untitled

Sonic & Knuckles was the only Sonic game I owned as a kid, so playing through it was really nostalgic!

I’m glad they kept the sphere special stages. I’ve always had a soft spot for them. I’m not a big fan of the new special stages either.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb you won't know about them from the demo section. If that makes sense.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic