Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,861 to 3,880 of 3,890

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- well I’ve only played 5 and Peace Walker so far. I hope to have played MGS, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4 and MG Rising by the end of the year though. Sounds like you really enjoyed 2... I’m looking forward to it.

There are 2 rules in life:

1. Never disclose all of the information.

Thrillho

@TraCuz- If you hold onto food for too long it goes rotten and doesn’t go well for Snake if you eat it!

I don’t think I played any of MGS2-4 any other way than no-kill as it just feels wrong! Even 5 I did it as much as possible.

One of the greatest boss fights in the series is in 3 and is fiendish to finish non-lethally but taking bosses down like that gives you bonus camo or weapons from what I remember.

Thrillho

MaulTsir

@TraCuz Hey man, busy few days with it being the Bank holiday and busy at work so not got as much done as I'd like on FF VII remake, I did manage to complete chapter's 9 and 10, only did 10 last night.

Chapter 9 was.....well how do I explain this.....different lol typical jrpg nonsense, the first time in the game that I believe somebody new to the jrpg genre or the game its self would be like wtf? Also trying to appease its Western audience with some little subtle references or mabye that's just been done during translation. Any way probably my least favourite chapter as I'd rather be fighting, I know people love the whole karaoke/dancing parts of Yakuza but they work better in that game just didn't seem right plonked in the middle of this.

Chapter 10 solid start in the sewers and I felt straight back in to the game with this Chapter, I've already mentioned it but the characters to me at least just seem so much more fleshed out and interesting which makes me enjoy this a little more than the original (insert gasps/scolds and frowns).

Edited on by MaulTsir

MaulTsir

TraCuz-

@Kopite Nice! I remember liking that feeling of being lost, and having to stop every so often to check the map. Both the dash and wall jump are game changing haha, you might end up making it further than I did. Hope you continue to enjoy!

TraCuz-

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore MGS5 plays really smooth so I wonder how it's gonna be for you going back to the older games, I gotta say I look forward to the discussion at the end of the year and hearing your thoughts.

TraCuz-

TraCuz-

@MaulTsir Yeah chapter nine was... Not my favorite lol, although I did appreciate the visuals and cinematography. Spending time with the characters was probably my favorite part. I started the game not liking Barrett, but by the end he's one of my favorites.

TraCuz-

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- well I did struggle a little initially with Peace Walker after enjoying V so much... but I did really enjoy Peace Walker in the end, particularly co-op on the 'boss' vehicles etc. Maybe my fave co-op experience to date actually.

Not really a 'story' person when it comes to games... I obviously thoroughly enjoy a good narrative but it's lower down on my list of wants and needs when gaming. Having said that though, I am as excited for a game's story as I've ever been for MGS, MGS2 and MGS4.

Just as excited for the potential playability of Metal Gear Rising too... the video I've seen make it look an absolute blast!

I'll be sure to tag you once I've been through the whole series.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

zekepliskin

I've had the following on my "need to play" list for such a while :-

• God of War
  • Marvel's Spider-Man
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn

Widely considered modern classics but I can't tear myself away from the One X long enough, which is a shame because Zero Dawn looks like one of the prettiest open-world games ever made, and in a world where we have The Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption II that's a hell of an achievement before we even consider the actual gameplay.

Stop moaning about resolution; the Game Boy, which many of us "old timers" enjoyed playing in the 90s, had a screen resolution of 160x144. In monochrome. 😂

Th3solution

@zekepliskin Great games there.

In my opinion, ‘prettiest’ (as in, artistically interesting as well as graphically impressive) open world PS4 game worlds ranked:
1) Ghost of Tsushima
2) Horizon Zero Dawn
3) God of War
4) Death Stranding
5) RDR2

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Jimmer-jammer

Fired up It Takes Two last night and I’ve never had so much fun gaming with my wife. Played for about two hours and my initial impression is incredibly positive. Honestly, it’s polished to a sheen, bursting at the seams with creativity in both gameplay scenarios and visual presentation and has a frankly refreshing message around working together and the value of family. Most importantly, it’s just plain fun. We’ll see how it all plays out but so far I’m very, very happy with my purchase.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

True genuineness actually puts people off. The only way to combat this is with time. Stay true, and one time enemies may become long time friends.

Bentleyma-

@Jimmer-jammer I’m playing it atm and it only gets more creative as it goes on. It’s so much fun.

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentleyma-

Kopite

@zekepliskin God Of War is unbelievably good, the other 2 are great as well but GoW edges it for me

You wouldn't believe the things I've seen.

Twitter:

zekepliskin

@Th3solution Hey this is a good list! I own all but one of those games (Ghost of Tsushima, but when it goes on sale at some point I'll bag it) and the only one I've played so far is Red Dead Redemption II, at launch actually as I bought a new disc copy

@Kopite You know, one of my closer gaming friends said the same thing. I was a big fan of the original PS2 GoW and then PS3 GoW so that seems like a good place to start.

Stop moaning about resolution; the Game Boy, which many of us "old timers" enjoyed playing in the 90s, had a screen resolution of 160x144. In monochrome. 😂

Th3solution

@zekepliskin Nice! Despite GoT being the loveliest game world on PS4, imo, you simply can’t go wrong with GoW, HZD, Death Stranding, and Spider-Man. All fabulous in their own way and beautiful.

As for what order to tackle them...
Death Stranding is definitely the most unique, so save that for when you are in the mood for something different and fresh, gameplay-wise. Also if you are in the mood for light horror/thriller vibes.

In contrast, Spider-Man is probably the most familiar feeling, gameplay-wise, and is good comfort food when you want to just have a straightforward open-world experience with fun gameplay and combat. Extremely well polished, but other than the swinging around NYC, the blueprint of the basic gameplay isn’t much that you probably haven’t experienced in other games. It’s a blast.

HZD and GoW both have their own style. If you’re in the mood for more of an “open” feeling game, where you can wander around the map to your hearts desire exploring, fighting enemies, and discovering collectibles, then HZD has what you need. If you want a little more linear (although with some hub world open elements) then GoW. Also, GoW combat is slightly more action heavy if you desire that, and HZD is a little more tactical since there is some light stealth aspects too. (Kratos doesn’t sneak around 😂). Each style is extremely satisfying, just in different ways.

So perhaps that will help as you map out when to play the games. Personally I’d separate HZD and SM and intermix GoW or DS between those two as HZD and SM have the open-world icon-chasing formula that sometimes burns people out. Especially HZD is pretty long; SM is really only about 20-25 hrs I think.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Jimmer-jammer

@Bentleyma- that’s exciting! It’s one of the rare times I’ve seen my wife get what I get out of games and we’ve been laughing pretty hard at times. The free pass for a friend is a brilliant gesture, stealthily adds a lot of value to the package and feels true to the game’s ethos. Excited to press on, thanks!

True genuineness actually puts people off. The only way to combat this is with time. Stay true, and one time enemies may become long time friends.

zekepliskin

@Th3solution Thank you for taking the time to write such a considered list of your experiences with the games. I'm not sure it's made my choice easier, but it definitely makes all of those games sound awesome, and worth keeping hold of my PS4 Pro for!

colonelkilgore

So after going way over schedule on AC: Black Flag, I’m currently installing Remnant from the Ashes. I’ve wanted to play it for ages, so I’m hoping it lives up to my expectations (expectations which have been tempered some by a couple of my mates having tried it recently and not having clicked with it).

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer Hey JJ, is It Takes Two local co-op or would the missus need her own Playstation for us to co-op?

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore Hey! It’s local co-op, good old classic split screen.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic