Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 6,461

crimsontadpoles

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Even though the Obatarian is a gold hostess, I always felt a bit sorry for the clients whenever I paired them up with her. She does do surprisingly well at it though.

And I agree with your sentiment on the Balan Wonderworld demo. I did try out the other two levels, and they're only marginally better.

The lack of a health system means that there's no tension to fights. But yet, it's also tedious to take damage, since you lose your current outfit. So that means trekking back to get another one.

And due to the simple one button controls, it never excels as a platformer either. Instead, the only vaguely interesting part is making sure you have the correct outfit to collect the secret collectable.

It's a shame, I was very excited for this when I first saw the reveal trailer.

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha I felt a bit bad whenever I paired someone up with her too @crimsontadpoles! But with me being on the final stretch with club moon I need my platniums raking in all that dough for a chance at winning! 😄

And yeah it really is a shame about Balan.

It was tedious to me just cycling through the outfits to get to the one I wanted thanks to the long winded animation of changing costumes (And frankly most of them weren't very good). Not to mention I really wanted a sprint button or something due to how slow I found the character to move.

Oh and was it just me or did the tims sound like the voice actress who does pikachu?

I had a go of the Super Lucky's Tale demo a couple of weeks ago and that only had or so 3 buttons in it (A jump, an attack and a ground pound/dive that you can use to burrow underground) and that was a much more enjoyable collectathon platformer experience!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

Onigumo wrote:

I'm close to beat control, so i thinking what to play next. Anyone know to say if prey is a good game?

@Onigumo My best friend recently completed Prey and raved about it. A very atmospheric, unsettling and immersive experience, by all accounts (although please bear in mind that this is a second-hand recommendation, so don't shoot the messenger if you hate it).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy haha yeah, the Obatarian really makes me laugh for some reason. Libido probably is a bit one note but I just can't get enough of that dance 😂. I did majimas shakedown sidequests in the end but didn't get around to Kiryu's.

I finished the story last night (this morning?). I think I did 46/60 kiryu sidequests and 36/40 majima sidequests maybe. My save was 107 hours before the last mission so I guess about 108/109 for the final save.

I think I am a total convert now though. In 107 hours I went from "meh" to "I can't wait to play Kiwami". I actually ended up loving Kuze in the end. I don't know why. I think all of the old boys in it have really interesting looks and voices which make them quite fascinating to watch once you get into it, people like Kuze, Awano, Shibusawa, Sagawa and Lee. Sera too, they must have based his look on Ken Watanabe. They didn't sound a like but I still looked up to see whether he played him because they looked so similar.

But yeah, wicked game and I'm glad I played it!

Edit: I should also add that I am obsessed with the music in this game especially (and surprisingly to myself) the song that plays in the cabaret club dress up bit. It just sounds like an old 90s/00s pop song but I really like it. I don't hear much of it though because Im only looking at the stats as I flick through the menus

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

MaulTsir

About 10 hours in to Days Gone now, it started really slow and the Bike Riding took a little bit getting use to, not as fluid as the likes of GTA.

Starting to enjoy it now it's opened up a lot more and given you the freedom to sort of explore the world and play as you want. I feel as though there is a lot to do in this game though to get anything moving, how long roughly did it take to complete the game for any one who finished it?

MaulTsir

colonelkilgore

@MaulTsir as you upgrade your bike, it starts to handle a lot better... as does the fuel tank last a lot longer. You'll also notice that the shooting mechanics tighten a lot as you skill-up there and it starts to 'feel' a lot more playable.

Edit. Probably around 100 hours for the plat.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@ralphdibny I cannot comprehend completing a Yakuza game without doing all the substories.

Shame on you!

Thrillho

ralphdibny

@Thrillho haha well it was only the tough ones, Mr shakedown for kiryu, the pocket circuit fighter kids (I still did the friendship with the guy so I could claim his building) and the dancing ones I didn't do. I may have missed a couple of the dating ones, I got two of the "girlfriend's" and I met a predator, an "ugly" person, someone who didn't turn up and somebody else. I think I'm done with the game though now, I've got too many games I'm planning to play next so I want to get a move on!

See ya!

ralphdibny

@Thrillho lol as confusing as the cabaret club Czar was at first, I had those hand signals down by the end of it. I was running that club like a pro!

See ya!

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I've just started the order that give you access to the motorcycle in Death Stranding!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Good deal. It opens up some things as far as quicker traversal. But you’ll still have to be strategic because not all terrain is the same. 😄
Not only quicker travel, but also the ability to carry extra items on the motorbike.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

ralphdibny wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy haha yeah, the Obatarian really makes me laugh for some reason. Libido probably is a bit one note but I just can't get enough of that dance 😂. I did majimas shakedown sidequests in the end but didn't get around to Kiryu's.

She's great for sure. I've completed the Club Tzar storyline today and she somehow made it to being my fifth highest earning girl already and nearly maxed out in level

and that dance of Mr Libido's certainly is something!

ralphdibny wrote:

I finished the story last night (this morning?). I think I did 46/60 kiryu sidequests and 36/40 majima sidequests maybe. My save was 107 hours before the last mission so I guess about 108/109 for the final save.

I think I am a total convert now though. In 107 hours I went from "meh" to "I can't wait to play Kiwami". I actually ended up loving Kuze in the end. I don't know why. I think all of the old boys in it have really interesting looks and voices which make them quite fascinating to watch once you get into it, people like Kuze, Awano, Shibusawa, Sagawa and Lee. Sera too, they must have based his look on Ken Watanabe. They didn't sound a like but I still looked up to see whether he played him because they looked so similar.

But yeah, wicked game and I'm glad I played it!

Ooh nicely done @ralphdibny! Congrats on beating it! I can't quite recall my sub stories completed so far at the moment but I think Kiryu is a similar high 40's at the very least?

And most the main characters in general are pretty compelling to me so far! I'm quite fond of Kuze and Awano so far myself too alongside Tachibana, Oda, Makoto and our main protagonists.

Still on chapter 11 myself as I just ran straight to Sunshine as soon as I started the chapter and bounced between that, the arcade and the combat trainers. Now that I'm, mostly, done with the Cabaret club I'll probably resume the story!

ralphdibny wrote:

Edit: I should also add that I am obsessed with the music in this game especially (and surprisingly to myself) the song that plays in the cabaret club dress up bit. It just sounds like an old 90s/00s pop song but I really like it. I don't hear much of it though because Im only looking at the stats as I flick through the menus

Oh my gosh I have listened to that song way too many times to count ralph. I adore it! I posted that track in the video game music thread along with Majima's Slugger theme and Pledge Of Demon Kuze's boss battle theme. I'm a sucker for the full 3 minute version of 24 hr Cinderella too! 😄

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ralphdibny

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy she is good for the people who love to Talk. I think the attributes for Talk, Skill, Party etc are more important than the ones for Sexy, Cute Beautiful etc so somebody like the Obatarian kills it when she's on duty!

The pace picks up if you start focusing less on the side missions at this point in the game. I'd leave some time free for the final chapter, I think the final cut scenes and credits are about 45-50 minutes 😅

I'm quite embarassed to admit I like that dress up song actually 😅. It's definitely got this early noughties Jennifer Lopez/Mariah Carey vibe to it which kind of makes sense because they were some of the songs that played on the Freeview music channels I used to watch back then (on digital/itv digital whatever it was called before freeview)

Some of the rockier tracks are awesome, not sure what it's called but the one that plays when the agents report in at the weapon maker shop is really good. The kuze theme is really cool too! I definitely need to download this soundtrack at some point!

See ya!

BearsEatBeets

Anyone played the final season of Telltales Walking Dead? I'm just started playing it now and it's annoying me to the point of profusive swearing. I've just managed to do a part where I have to use all traps for a trophy and now after a quick cutscene I've got 4 more to kill. The game just seems to be really janky about button prompts, I positive I'm pressing the correct buttons but the game seems to be very random about accepting those inputs. And how the 'run' button can be considered running I've no idea.
Oh well, I've let off some steam. Lets see if stun works this time.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

HallowMoonshadow

ralphdibny wrote:

I'd leave some time free for the final chapter, I think the final cut scenes and credits are about 45-50 minutes 😅

Wow really @ralphdibny? That's like MGS 4 levels of cutscenes! 😄

I'm a teensy bit embarassed myself at liking the makeover song as it's not exactly my typical listening either (I'm a rock/metal girl first and foremost)... but it's too good. The soundtrack's really invigorated my love of music and I certainly need to download it myself too!

I got to chapter 12 myself yesterday In Yakuza 0.

Dammit. I quite liked Nishitani, especially after the reveal from Billiken that he was some sorta noble demon type of character. Hell Uncle B/Billiken was pretty cool too despite only meeting him for about 5 minutes

... I also hate the disco minigame. Just putting that out there that I'm never getting that last hostess or all of Majima's side stories lol

ralphdibny

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I loved nishitani by the end too, even though he was irritating at first. I think that was just me being over protective of majima and makoto though and I didn't want anyone to hurt them lol.

Unless I'm misremembering, you can fail the dance mini games on the hostess dates and when you battle media king and still get the hostess sub story/100% the media king area. It just continues on. I think you only need to win the mini game on the 6 sub stories (3 for majima and 3 for kiryu) to pass them. I think you can fail the Michael Jackson dance off too and still complete that sub story

See ya!

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha I'm specifically talking about the disco queen @ralphdibny for Majima's set of sidestories. I just can't beat her. She keeps pulling out scores of 6000 for the final dance off against her despite the fact I've put it on easy and can only manage about 4500 points myself.

I'm not great at rhythm games at the best of times but having to move the cursor as well as pushing the buttons to the beat? It's a lost cause for me

You surely can't win against Miracle... That's purposely designed for you to lose right?

ralphdibny

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy ohh right a hostess you get from completing that sub story. Sorry I didn't realise there was one due to me not doing it 😅

I used to be ok at guitar hero on medium difficulty and some songs on hard but I am rubbish at most other rhythm games. I've definitely done Dragonforce on GH3 at medium difficulty!

I think youre right, miracle is possibly supposed to be an impossible match. I wonder if he is going to be in future games. I know Spielberg is a much more recognisable director than John Landis but it would've been nice to see a Landis analog in the game seeing as he is the actual director of Thriller

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic