Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 6,458

ralphdibny

@Thrillho yeahh I know but it still gets confusing, I take a lot of steps on the slow bits. I'm alright doing it on easy but suck at medium and hard lol. It's all good though, I probably could have practised to do those sub stories but I kind of wanted to move on to a different game

See ya!

Bentleyma

Found a cheap, £6 MMORPG whilst browsing the PlayStation Store. It's clearly a phone game and the English translation is awful, but I find myself strangely enjoying it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Zeldafan79

Still working on ghost of Tsushima and FF VII remake.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

RogerRoger

@Bentley-Ma- I know we shouldn't judge a game by its graphics, but the clearly-supposed-to-be-circular-yet-only-managing-to-be-octagonal shield made me chuckle!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger It's not even fully translated! I met a character that still has untranslated text boxes when she speaks!

Untitled

All these problems with the game and I'll still end up playing it when I get home from work. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

LieutenantFatman

Still slowly making my way through Guacamelee 2, it is rather brilliant. Think I have most of the abilities now so I'm a decent way into it.

LieutenantFatman

Pditty1980

@Zeldafan79

Ghost of Tsushima is brilliant, and I wanna try the FF7 remake,, I have a happy Christmas memory of my brother getting the original PlayStation and FF7

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

MaulTsir

@colonelkilgore about 15 hours in now and starting to enjoy it a lot more, it's as you said when you start to upgrade the bike and skill tree it get a lot more playable. I actually enjoy the play style and the missions are decent. I like how the day and night system works and really makes a difference on how you approach a mission or even just travelling around.

I haven't had any game breaking bugs but a few enemies I've killed just stand there after their dead its more funny than anything.

It's biggest flaw if any is it's characters and story I mean I'm still early on I'm guessing but most of the main character are boring as hell or so un-original and the story writing and cut scenes haven't gripped me at all but I will see it all the way to the end cause I'm actually enjoying playing through it

MaulTsir

HallowMoonshadow

I played Days Gone around May last year @MaulTsir and similarly to your thoughts so far I found gameplay side of things was pretty decent and loved the bike mechanics in particular... But my biggest gripe was also with the characters and story.

I loathed Deacon as the main protagonist to put it mildly (though his relationship with Sarah was better done then most of stories in big budget titles that feature a dead spouse in my opinion) but I honestly found that the writing generally got worse as it went on with even lazier and generic writing tropes and was just plain bad at times as the story went on.

I did like Boozer though at the very least. He was alright. Kinda wish you played as him rather then grumpy mc angry pants... Didn't really like the supporting cast much at all though.

Was also like ten hours too long to me and I was skipping cutscenes and dialogue left, right and centre just to get it done.

Which is a shame as I was expecting to like it and did think going in that the reviewers were perhaps experiencing some open world burnout (Which really isn't a case for me) and that I'd enjoy it more... Hope you end up enjoying it more then myself though!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

colonelkilgore

@MaulTsir glad your enjoying it more as you’re progressing through the skill-trees etc. I actually think the story starts to pick up a bit the further you progress too... and as @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy mentioned Boozer is cool.

... and I’ve mentioned it before but the end-game content is among the best I’ve played. Wiping out all the hoards is just glorious.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Bentley-Ma- Hey, we like what we like, right?

I suppose there's always Google Translate if you encounter any more untranslated dialogue! One of the benefits of living in the modern age!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Onigumo

I'm playing control dlcs. And looking for more story centered games, any recomendation?

Onigumo

Th3solution

@Onigumo As far as story centered games, it kind of depends on what sort of story you are looking for and how much game you want to have with it. I consider a game’s story to be critical to my enjoyment, but there are so many ways the story can be told. I always think of the Naughty Dog games as being some of the best for storytelling. Really most Sony first party games are very story-centered — Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima.... all excellent stories and also excellent games. Even The Order 1886 has a compelling storyline, even if it doesn’t quite close the deal. Assuming you’ve played all the first party stuff, maybe try out Detroit Become Human. It’s very story driven and exceptionally done. Another is NieR Automata — a really crafty story, quite unique. Not to mention Red Dead Redemption II which has an absolutely outstanding story. If you want more indie-vibe storytelling type game then try out Virginia, Oxenfree, What Remains of Edith Finch, or Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. The delivery of the story is a little more esoteric in these, but no less impactful if you’re willing to look for it.

If you want only story also not much gameplay, then there are many Telltale games to try out, probably the best are Wolf Among Us, Tales of the Borderlands, The Walking Dead, and Batman.

BioShock and BioShock Infinite have some of my favorite gaming stories. Another collection from last generation that will also soon have a remasters collection is Mass Effect which has a fabulous story, in my opinion.

If you want a complex and epic story, then how about tackling the Metal Gear Solid franchise. It’s known for its monumental story with a lot of twists and turns.

I’m sure I’ve spouted off a bunch of games you’ve already played, but maybe there is something in there that you’ve not tried yet that would pique your interest.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Onigumo

@Th3solution Thanks, i really want a AAA like the firsty party you said. But those esoteric ones may be good too ( oxenfree is great), maybe i should try them. Thank you

Onigumo

nessisonett

I was bored so I booted up Silent Hill 2 HD through PS Now on PS4. It’s really funny how they managed to remaster the game so badly that it’s genuinely worse than the original. The brightness is way darker and the frame rate is choppy. It’s still probably the best game ever released though so I might just play it through to the end.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

Had my second proper sesh on Dying Light today, such a fun, anarchic game. Only have one of the online trophies left to get and around 50% done in general. Reckon it should be done in time for me to start Black Flag in March.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic