Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 6,461

Onigumo

what were the 3 games that you played the most this year and how many hours?

Onigumo

nessisonett

I tried playing Fifa 21 but defending is non-existent. Genuinely one of the worst games I’ve ever had the misfortune of playing. Outside of the matches is an Ultimate Team with outright criminal practices, inside the matches is a soulless fun vacuum, where defenders inexplicably sit at your halfway line outside of your control which means the opposition hit a long through ball EVERY SINGLE TIME. It’s beyond awful, FIFA games on PS1 are more playable and anyone who tries to insist that the gameplay is good is outright lying. There are no redeeming factors as any fun to even be had playing with the legends is locked behind a paywall. You know what, yeah. This is the worst game I’ve ever played. For a recreation of football, it plays nothing like football for a start. It’s build around extorting money. It’s a car crash. Avoid avoid avoid.

Edited on by antdickens

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

MaulTsir

Completed Ratchet and Clank, really enjoyable little game about 14 hours to finish the game probably another 6 to 8 if you went for the plat.

Now time to start Days Gone. One from my backlog and I've been looking forward to this one for a while now

MaulTsir

colonelkilgore

Had my first proper sesh on Dying Light today (I’ve previously put in an hour or two’s worth of play time across three afternoons)... probably played around 10 or 11 hours today and it really is a top quality game. The controls can take a bit of getting used to, as parkour is a major gameplay element but it becomes quite comfortable after a while. Looks great considering how early on in the generation it was made too.

**** DLC!

Tnr01

Right now playing yakuza 0 its good enough for me so far. Yesterday i had second turn finished detroit become human its really great game

Tnr01

andreoni79

@colonelkilgore If you have the vanilla version of the game I suggest you to buy "The Following" too: it's a great piece of dlc!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Ouch! Savage takedown of FIFA 21 up there! Sorry to hear you had such a miserable time, although I'm also sorry to say that I'm not really surprised.

Despite my best efforts, YouTube has figured out that I like videogames, and will frequently drag whatever's trending in the gaming world front and centre. 90% of it is some incredibly loud and obnoxious teenage "influencer" screaming and trashing his room as he opens FUT packs. Each of these displays racks up millions (and millions) of views. I can only hope they're all one-time-only bystanders like me, who clicked out of curiosity, recoiled in terror and quickly shut down.

EA might've gotten their knuckles rapped when they tried to spread such cancerous RNG loot boxes to a wider audience a couple years ago, but it's too late to save their sports division. The infection has taken such a complete hold, people just accept it, and they really shouldn't.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I’ve always gone between both FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer over the years but I hadn’t realised things had gotten this bad with FIFA in the previous few years. PES might not have the licenses or a particularly sophisticated Ultimate Team mode but the actual games are fun. EA have forgotten that the game part should be the matches, not the spreadsheet management of the menu navigation.

I will add though that there was an update today that seems to fix a few of my issues with the gameplay. I’ll give it one more go but I’m not confident.

Edited on by nessisonett

colonelkilgore

@andreoni79 yeah it is the vanilla version, will definitely consider the Following though... heard it’s a great laugh.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Did you purchase FIFA 21 in place of the latest Pro Evo, then? As a casual observer, I'd always heard that Pro Evo had much, much better gameplay (explaining how it managed to continually stand in the path of EA's licencing juggernaut and survive). With any luck, if the issues aren't fixed and you're not having fun, FIFA 21 still holds enough trade-in value for you to switch back.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I actually got FIFA for free which is why I’m playing it as I normally do get the latest PES, which is taking a break of sorts this year to focus on a next-gen overhaul. I can’t really complain about getting my money’s worth when I didn’t spend anything but the constant attempts to get me to spend extra is rather annoying!

sentiententity

Been playing Arkham Knight pretty steadily the past few weeks. Got it from ps+ a while ago and had time for it now. It's been awesome! Kinda wish i played the previous game to see the story but there's only so much time.

sentiententity

Onigumo

I'm close to beat control, so i thinking what to play next. Anyone know to say if prey is a good game?

Onigumo

sentiententity

@Pditty1980 I saw that, but I've got so much else to play i think I'll leave it be. Thanks for the heads up though.

sentiententity

JohnnyShoulder

@Onigumo I really enjoyed Prey. I got strong Bioshock vibes from it. There can be a far bit of backtracking, and the load times are pretty bad, but I had fun with it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

I've just started Ys IX. I really enjoyed playing VIII a few months back, so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this. Also playing Dragon Quest XI too. Been in a JRPG mood recently.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

HallowMoonshadow

ralphdibny wrote:

Edit: oh yeah I forgot to mention that aparrently Mr shakedown can act as a way to get 1.5x your money when you lose to him and get it back when he's walking around on a good day but I think you need to upgrade him with CP. Unfortunately I've spent most of my CP on the real estate/club Czar and getting ultimate dash for both characters!

Another thing I forgot to say is that sometimes the interactions between characters remind me of machining style animation. The way the camera shakes when somebody's angry or shocked as well as the weird movements people make, especially the "unwanted attention" animation that the Obatarian and a couple of Kiryu's dates make

I JUST met the Obatarian yesterday @ralphdibny. Good god fashion victim or what? 😅 The lady has the gift of the gab though for the cabaret club that's for damn sure! She's somehow already become a top earner for Sunshine! 😂

And that's an interesting tip for Mr Shakedown! Can't say I have the courage to try it yet... I haven't even been near Majima's version of him.

Mr Libido's ok... A bit one note of a character so far. Quite like Fighter from the circuit myself out of the people you can befriend.

Oh and I played the demo of Balan Wonderworld.

Uhhh... I'm really struggling to say anything positive about this to be perfectly honest.

The effect with the mirrors is nice? The world being on some sort've curvature was kinda neat I suppose? The opening CG was pretty good too? Music was probably the only thing that I thought that really stood out.

Tbh I hadn't seen anything of this before other then Balan's design so I was pretty disappointed to find out you play as some normal kid instead and I was expecting the whole costume mechanic to be much more flashier, not to mention more interesting, then it actually is (And the costumes look pretty creepy to me when worn by the kid)

The levels you could play (Act 1 & 2 Of Chapter 1) were pretty boring (You unlock two others to try after beating the "boss" of the first chapter but frankly I couldn't be bothered). Act 1 is about fifteen seconds long if you ignore everything yet Act 2's level seemed to go on forever with it being fairly open and blandly designed with only like 5 monsters in.

The simplified control scheme REALLY not doing the game any favours as it came off like an absolute chore to play. The "Balan challenge" segments are really uninteresting too.

Yeah... Pretty disappointed with it if wasn't already obvious.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Black_Swordsman

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Have you played any of Death Stranding? I'm playing that at the moment and thoroughly enjoying it, I just completed order no.7 and am on to order no.8 . Apparently, @Th3solution ,you get the motorcycle at the end of order no.9 ,or at least access to it but you have to set it up yourself, so I'm really looking forward to using it to get to Port Knot City that way.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

HallowMoonshadow

No I haven't played Death Stranding at all @TheBrandedSwordsman.

I wasn't really a fan of Metal Gear Solid IV or V (Though the moment to moment gameplay in that was rather enjoyable for V in particular) and I'll admit the initial gameplay footage of DeSt looked and sounded rather uninteresting.

@The3solution's love for it (and reading p, seeing more about it) has interested me more in the title though ... But I've not been willing to make the plunge quite yet!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic