Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 6,461

RogerRoger

@MaulTsir @Arugula Thanks for the expanded thoughts, folks. Am not the biggest JRPG or anime fan, but am always up for giving both of those things a shot, as I think I could be under the right circumstances. If the grind is connected to 100% completion then that isn't too bad, but I've also played more than my fair share of "Why isn't this over yet?!" games and it's never a nice feeling. I'll keep an eye on various sales, see if I can find 'em cheap someday.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Yeah I literally did the intro to the real estate management @Th3solution then buggered off to go smash more skulls in (I basically only did the story progression with Kiryu this time round to get back to Majima).

You probably get more money in long run with the real estate I got Spining and Miracle as helpers for it and Miracle is super expensive but the Cabaret club is a lot more involved, and in turn more interesting to me.

You're given a 3 minute session to watch over the hostesses in the sunshine club, pair them with customers, solving issues that arise and guessing the hand gestures to do things at the various tables (Like bring a towel, refill the girls drink or change the ashtray etc).

It's fun and I enjoy the music throughout the whole thing to boot... Especially the music on the makeover screen that I've listened to far too many times lol πŸ˜„

Yeah I've already done the first side story for the cabaret club (It was cute with Majima and Youda being protective of her and thinking she was getting duped by some older guy, only to find out that it was her dad she was meeting) and am about to do battle with Club Mars @Thrillho.

... I think I'm prepared lol

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy You may not have unlocked my favourite real estate manager yet though.. have you played the bowling mini-game much??

Thrillho

crimsontadpoles

Hitman 3, I've completed the main story. As Hitman has a large focus on replaying levels to attempt them in different ways, I'm going to be playing this for quite a while yet. Overall, it's a solid final entry for the trilogy.

One problem with it is that it's causing me to accidentally throw grenades in Cyberpunk 2077. Agent 47's instincts, which highlights things of importance, is activated with the R1 button. However, the similar feature in Cyberpunk 2077 uses the L1 button. R1 throws grenades in Cyberpunk 2077. So I keep getting those buttons muddled up.

Ash_uk1

After finishing and getting the platinum trophy for the Nonary games (loved the stories).
I've now moved on to atelier Ryza 2 with a bit of hitman 3 in VR
once I'm done with them though, I fully intend to start zero time dilemma.

Ash_uk1

PSN: Ash_uk1

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles Argh! I hate near-identical control schemes like that! Always a right pain when you end up making a fool of yourself mid-gameplay, just because you've been relying on muscle memory and yet that one key button is in a different place!

Unwanted grenade lobbing aside, I'm glad you had fun with Hitman.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I haven't no @Thrillho. In fact I've completely neglected visiting the bowling alley entirely.

I accidentally zipped through Majima's next two chapters (7 & 8) because I was enjoying the story too much (I did two of the Cabaret battles mind you) and am now back to Kiryu once more so I'll be sure to look! πŸ˜…

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

carlos82

Despite buying the likes of Hitman 3 I've returned to Resident Evil 4. I haven't played through it in quite a few years but its crazy how good this game still is. I struggled with the controls initially but having moved the aiming to the left stick its felt much more natural. Up to chapter 4 now

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

klinik

I'm about 15 hours into Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and am loving it! I played a bit of it when it first released on PS4 but I must've not paid too much attention to the tutorial because I kept dying repeatedly once the game really started. It turned me off of the game at the time but I decided to give it another go. Now I'm here at work on Monday wishing I was in Mordor instead. Can't wait to get back home to play some more!

klinik

nessisonett

@carlos82 Despite having a Cube growing up, I never did get round to Resi 4 until a few years ago and was blown away by how well it had aged. The aiming’s a little odd but it only serves to enhance the tension. I also somehow managed to beat the game without finding the scope for the Regenerators which was a massive annoyance πŸ˜…

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

PSVR_lover

I am playing Life Is Strange, a great game, a true classic. Story and characters are what make the game for me.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

HallowMoonshadow

With Yakuza I don't know why I was expecting anything different @Thrillho then getting a chicken called nugget after getting a turkey in bowling but... Yeah that did surprise me

The real estate minigame doesn't come back does it? Even with the max upgrades to collection times this minigame is so boring compared to everything else... Hell I'll take the RNG button mashy crap of the Japanese Catfight Club over this (... Which I've actually somehow won twice and made a cool 500 or so million off of)

I unlocked Super Ride-On too... Which isn't as good as Outrun (That I always seem to do better in the challenges that don't count to your high scores and stuff then just playing it myself for funsies lol). πŸ˜…

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

ralphdibny

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy interesting to read your thoughts on yakuza0! I started playing 0 because the rest of them got added to game pass and I wanted to see what all the fuss is about.

It started off....boring. like I had no idea what was going on in the first few hours but someone encouraged me to stick with it...so I did and now my save file is at 74 hours πŸ˜‚

I think I agree that majima I'd (certainly initially) way more interesting but as I've played more, I have come to love Kiryu's lunkheadedness!

I agree that the real estate thing was tedious. Most of that 74 hours is just me running the game.in the background while I do other stuff, just turning around to press the buttons every ten minutes or so. I just wanted to get a load of money to transfer to majima later in the game (my kiryu is mostly upgraded now).

I didn't understand club Czar at all initially but I get it now and it's a bit more enjoyable now I know what I'm doing.

It's weird, I think the game is quite good but still probably a bit overrated. I do think it would be better if it was shorter. Like it's a good game, but not good enough to sink 100+hours into - hopefully I finish it before then πŸ˜…

The substories are definitely what make this game interesting to begin with, which in turn makes the main story more interesting if that makes sense. Like seeing the softer and funnier side of these characters, allows me to get more invested in the main storyline.

I've done most of the sub stories as kiryu, the ones I'm never going to finish are the third dance one and possibly 2 of the ability upgrade side stories. I'm sure there's a few other I'm missing, maybe a date from the telephone club?

I think similarly with majima, I don't think I'm going to bother with the dance club ones but I think I will finish club Czar now I know what it's all about! I think there's some sub stories attached to Mr shakedown too who I haven't been brave enough to fight!

Yeah I kind of want to finish it and move on now so I'm trying to be a bit picky about what I want to spend a lot of time doing and what I don't!

See ya!

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I think it's the only game to have that side story. It's probably the only significant mis-step in Zero as it isn't really fun at all. Cabaret club comes back in a few games (although in a slightly rubbish way in some) and Pocket Racer also returns in Kiwami.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh cheers for the info @Thrillho!

Interesting thoughts of your own there @ralphdibny!

ralphdibny wrote:

It started off....boring. like I had no idea what was going on in the first few hours but someone encouraged me to stick with it...so I did and now my save file is at 74 hours πŸ˜‚

I was actually pretty charmed from the beginning myself... Though the end of chapter 2 with the fight through the dojima building and the first Kuze fight (and just the opening of chapter 3 for Majima) was where it'd won me over.

ralphdibny wrote:

I think I agree that majima I'd (certainly initially) way more interesting but as I've played more, I have come to love Kiryu's lunkheadedness!

I agree that the real estate thing was tedious. Most of that 74 hours is just me running the game.in the background while I do other stuff, just turning around to press the buttons every ten minutes or so. I just wanted to get a load of money to transfer to majima later in the game (my kiryu is mostly upgraded now).

Ha I feel somewhat better about my playtime now hearing about yours, even if most of that is leaving it running to get through the real estate! πŸ˜„

ralphdibny wrote:

It's weird, I think the game is quite good but still probably a bit overrated. I do think it would be better if it was shorter. Like it's a good game, but not good enough to sink 100+hours into - hopefully I finish it before then πŸ˜…

The substories are definitely what make this game interesting to begin with, which in turn makes the main story more interesting if that makes sense. Like seeing the softer and funnier side of these characters, allows me to get more invested in the main storyline.

You could probably get through the game in just about 25 hours if ya didn't bother with the side stories or anything.

I totally get what you mean and agree in that the sidestories gives Kiryu and Majima some time to breathe and express themselves as characters, allowing you to get more invested in their plight. Though even if I didn't play the side stories I'd still be interested in the main story (Kiryu's side has picked up a bit more for me now that certain information has come to light!)

ralphdibny wrote:

I think there's some sub stories attached to Mr shakedown too who I haven't been brave enough to fight!

Same. I still run away from him as fast as I can I also absolutely suck at the dancing minigame. I just can't do it!

ralphdibny

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I think it hooked me after the first Kuze fight when you kind of saw how the others treated him after he was knocked down a peg or 2. Flawed characters are always a bit more interesting than indomitable forces!

I think the translation is really funny. All the characters talk like geezers with an educated vocabulary. I think it's how I must seem to my colleagues at work sometimes.

I initially thought I would just play the story but after the first couple of chapters I was determined to do the side missions which really sealed the deal for me. I think my favourite character so far as been Mr. Libido! πŸ˜‚

Edit: oh yeah I forgot to mention that aparrently Mr shakedown can act as a way to get 1.5x your money when you lose to him and get it back when he's walking around on a good day but I think you need to upgrade him with CP. Unfortunately I've spent most of my CP on the real estate/club Czar and getting ultimate dash for both characters!

Another thing I forgot to say is that sometimes the interactions between characters remind me of machining style animation. The way the camera shakes when somebody's angry or shocked as well as the weird movements people make, especially the "unwanted attention" animation that the Obatarian and a couple of Kiryu's dates make

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

carlos82

@nessisonett just done that part today, that must have been fun without the scope πŸ˜‚. Beaten Krauser as well so should finish it off in the morning and then onto the extra content

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

ralphdibny

@Thrillho πŸ˜… that gif is giving me nightmares about the media king dance off!

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic