Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 6,460

Bentleyma

I'm still cracking on with Persona 5 Royal. I'm just over 40 hours in right now, so I have quite a way to go until I finish it. Luckily I have a week off work. I'm hoping I finish it before Ys IX is out in a few weeks.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Onigumo

I'm playing control, i cant decide yet if i like it or not

Onigumo

nessisonett

@Onigumo That’s pretty much how I felt after completing the game too 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

I'm also playing Death Stranding as well, it's a good game, I just completed Order no.5 and have moved on to orders no.6 & 7.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

MaulTsir

Finished Ni No Kuni II took 45 hours, could of done it quicker but ending up spending alot of time gather new citizens which became a bit of a ball ache to be honest, I started out really enjoying the game, the art style was brilliant but the chapters started to drag and felt very samey and the boss battles weren't very challenging decent overall but wouldn't play it again.

Starting Ratchet & Clank as part of the ps plus collection seen its not a long game so thought I'd get it done before going on to Days Gone

MaulTsir

RogerRoger

@MaulTsir Shame to hear about grindy elements in Ni no Kuni II there, as I have a friend who's recently completed the original and loved it "except for the sudden difficulty spike and necessary grind at the end of the story". As somebody who was kinda interested in checking out both games someday, knowing that they both have grind issues makes me hesitate.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Pditty1980

I'm a few hours into the Resident Evil 2 remake, I'm enjoying it, I'm old enough TO have played the ps1 original when it came out and I am enjoying this version a lot!

Pditty1980

Th3solution

@Pditty1980 Resident Evil 2 Remake was a real highlight for me this past year. It’s absolutely fantastic. Glad you’re enjoying it.
Reminds me that I need to get on with RE3 Remake.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Pditty1980

@Th3solution

I'm stopping for the night now as I creeped out enough for today, I also got Resident Evil 7 on ps+ looking forward to Village!

Pditty1980

Th3solution

@Arugula At this point in my life, I’ll happily take a short, tight experience, if it’s high quality. For REmake 2 I really enjoyed the second run almost as much as the first run, and maybe one day I’ll do the opposite A/B runs. But for RE3 I guess there is no alternate route to do for added story

@Pditty1980 Have you played all the RE games? I feel like I need to at least play 1-4 before going on to 7. Also Code Veronica. I know 5&6 aren’t well thought of, but I might try them just to keep up with all the mainline games before going to 7&8.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution 7 is like a hard reboot for the series. You could play it at any time and still love it to be honest. I really enjoyed the first person take on the series and it’s one of the best games in the franchise.

Pditty1980

Th3solution wrote:

@Pditty1980 Have you played all the RE games? I feel like I need to at least play 1-4 before going on to 7. Also Code Veronica. I know 5&6 aren’t well thought of, but I might try them just to keep up with all the mainline games before going to 7&8.

I have played the original versions of Resident Evil 1-3 but lost intrest after that, and of those Resident Evil 2 was always my favourate which is why the remake is the first Resident Evil game I have bought in some years.

I bought Resident evil 7 because I heard good things about it and because of its character connections to Resident Evil Village, it also helped that I got free as part of my Ps+ subscription, though I did buy the season pass for 12 euro so I basicly had the gold version

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

Bentleyma

@Pditty1980 You really need to play the remake of the first game. I still consider it to be my favourite game in the series. To me it's the perfect Resident Evil game.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Pditty1980

Bentley-Ma- wrote:

@Pditty1980 You really need to play the remake of the first game. I still consider it to be my favourite game in the series. To me it's the perfect Resident Evil game.

I will, and its really cheap right now, like €4.99

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

HallowMoonshadow

Oh boy... I was fairly busy this week or so but I'm back!

I did manage to play some more Yakuza 0 of course in my absence... Got to chapter 7

I can totally see why Majima's such a beloved character in this franchise.

Don't get me wrong Kiriyu's pretty good too (He's pretty dorky in most the sidestories whilst comes across like a concrete slab in a disco suit other times) but I'm totally invested in Majima's side of the story with the whole protection/redemption (Maybe even lover?) arc with Makoto Makimura being much more interesting then the empty lot business.

Plus 24hr Cinderella was amazing.

I'm completely side tracked from the main story by the cabaret club though. It's surprisingly quite an addictive little management sim and much more interesting then Kiriyu's main minigame (Though I admit to not really getting that deeply involved in that one yet)

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@nessisonett I’ve been planning to play it on PS5 with the Plus Collection, so I’ll probably have time to at least squeeze in 3 and 4 before that day comes. Also hearing they a 4 Remake is forthcoming makes me want to get the original version played fairly soon for comparison purposes.

You already made it past when I jumped off @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I did hear the cabaret club was a better mini game than the real estate one, which was probably the point that lulled me away.

Pditty1980

One of the games I bought with my ps5 is the ps4 version of Yakuza like a dragon but I have yet to play it (there's a few games ahead in the queue and I will probably wait till the ps5 version comes out play with the free upgrade)

what are the older Yakuza games like??

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

MaulTsir

@RogerRoger yeah the grindy element is what I think over all let it down by time I got to the later chapters I was just rushing through. Plus the constant distraction of trying to always upgrade your Kingdom started out fun at first but then became a nuisance by the end.

It wasn't very challenging either to be honest most bosses I fought late on where always 5 or 6 levels higher than me but only once did I die and that was my own fault for not restocking health potions.

If your a big jrpg/anime fan then I would say give it a go but if not then you might get burnt out like myself

MaulTsir

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Cabaret Club is incredibly addictive and quite the time sink. But if you want to get all sub stories finished then you need to spend quite a bit of time with it to get all of the ones that the specific hostesses unlock. The real estate one is fine but it a very good way of making serious money.

@Pditty1980 Like a Dragon is a bit separate from the rest of the series as it features a different protagonist. I think the main series is great as it is a real blend of combat, sort of action RPG elements, and with an utterly ridiculous array of things that you can do in the game. The stories and characters are top notch, as long as you don't mind a healthy dose of silliness alongside the serious parts of the game.

Thrillho

nessisonett

My wee brother got Hitman 3 and so spent today punching guards in the face in VR which looks like it’ll never get old!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic