Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,021 to 3,040 of 6,463

Thrillho

I'm plodding through Crash 4 still and they've gone a bit silly with quite how much there is to do.

Each level has 6 gems to achieve; 3 for getting a number of wumpa fruit in a level, one for getting all crates, one for completing in less than 3 lives, and a hidden gem. So that means each level takes a few runs (especially with some fiendishly hidden crates), often with one run to get all crates and another to go with as few deaths as possible.

Then there are time trials. And later on achievements for getting all crates AND not dying in a run. And then the "N. Verted" levels which then have ANOTHER six gems and are mirrored versions of the original levels but in a migraine inducing colour scheme (that looks like one of the accessibility modes TLOU2 has) with enemies, crates, platforms etc all brightly coloured. Oh, and the screen sort of pulses with light so you can't see everything all the time.

Untitled

I'm sure it means some people are getting their moneys worth but it seems a bit overkill!

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

So a bit of PS3 and PS4 for me today (simultaneously). I’ve got a Death Match cycling an infinite (well until I stop it) loop on MGS: Peace Walker on the PS3 and as I don’t have to actively do anything while this churns away for the most grindy online trophy (Vic Voss), I thought... well I could chip away at the PS4 backlog at the same time. So I’ve reinstalled Sekiro.

I’ve got three of the four endings (will need the Shura ending this time), the only boss I have left to beat during what will be ng+++ is Isshin Ashina and need to fully upgrade all prosthetics and acquire all skills.

Haven’t played it since around June 2019 and wow, I’m struggling to get back into it... I forgot how difficult the game is.

All I need now, is a way to set up this on a constant grind for the upgrade materials I need... and then I can switch on the PS5 and chip away on a game on that too 🤣.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Lol, that’s awesome. Gaming on 3 systems at once is so epic. I remember as a lad doing some kind of trick with running my game console overnight with one of the buttons taped down to grind something. This was before trophies and for the life of me I can’t remember what game it was, but it was probably to get enough in-game currency or XP to purchase a max-tier item. 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution

Nice dude, it’s a little like the gaming equivalent of that 90’s Michael Keaton movie Multiplicity... it just feels ‘so’ efficient.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore It just reminds me of the GTA5 missions for the Epsilon (?) cult where Michael has to run around the desert for so long.

I think I managed to rest a particularly heavy book against the left joystick in such a way that he ran round in circles while I got on with other things for a while.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho

Ha yeah that’s right... it also reminded me of how I got my ‘sneak’ up in Oblivion. Just rubber-banded the R3 against a wall with a guard the other side. I mean it’s not strictly ‘gaming’ but it is satisfying.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Hey, problem breakdown and puzzle solving is all part of gaming! 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

Definitely feel like I’m making progress now in Assassin’s Creed Origins, that’s the second group of baddies taken out. The Crocodile was by far the most evil, the whole sequence with Shadya was heartbreaking. I haven’t been more happy to bump off a baddie in a game for quite a while.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

So as I’ve said previously (I think in this thread) i’ve finally returned to get the plat on Sekiro after not playing it since June 2019. I’ve been putting it off as the sheer difficulty of the bosses really stuck in my mind. Don’t get me wrong I loved the game but, I was definitely hesitant to return after so long away.

Well, after a good few hours farming a late game section for upgrade mats, I feel back in the flow and... ‘what’ a game! I know that’s hardly news what with the various Game of the year awards it garnered but it controls so well. You really feel like you can do exactly what you want to do with the character once the controls embed. If anyone was on the fence about playing it, you’d be missing out if you didn’t.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah really good section that. Thought the voice acting and general tone was spot on.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Cornaboyzzz

I'm starting Days Gone, I'm gonna see who's right between the critics and the players. ^^

Cornaboyzzz

mookysam

@nessisonett Yeah, Berenike's an absolute monster and hideous to boot. The assassination targets in Origins are particularly foul people. You're getting through it at quite a snappy pace! Playing Odyssey, few of the villains are as well developed as the ones in Origins, and my Kassandra is such a murderous wretch that it has little meaning 120 hours in. Although Origins is certainly a big game, I how the main targets relate back to Bayek and ground everything.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

After reading some discussion, I got the itch to try my hand at Persona 5 again. I continue to really enjoy God of War, but for some reason I felt i wanted a short break and I thought I’d fire up P5 and see if I even remembered anything about the game after a year long break from it. I fully expected that I’d get frustrated quickly by not remembering anything about gameplay or story and just turn it off after 30 minutes; well... 3 hours later I still couldn’t put it down. Fortunately the last time I played I had the foresight when I made my last save (at hour number 51 it turns out) many moons ago to choose a place that was easy to jump back into. It was right before the long narrative section introducing Futaba and being introduced that arc. So I think maybe I’ll mix this and God of War together for now. We’ll see. About to pop in GoW now and see if it holds my attention for another 3 hours. ...At this rate I probably won’t ever sleep or eat again.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Those are two huge games to be juggling simultaneously! Fingers crossed they don't drown one another out, and that you enjoy finishing both of them. At least they're polar opposites in gameplay terms (I'm assuming, having played neither).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, I surprised even myself when I pulled out the P5 disc. I typically have tried to limit my time to one longer AAA game at a time and intermix small to medium titles during the one “main” game. But I’ve also learned through the years to ‘strike while the iron is hot’ so to speak and when a mood hits, I try to follow it because I’ve learned about myself that if I wait long enough then the moment passes into obscurity and the game I had an itch to play gets buried again.

nessisonett

I thought I was pretty much done after a 3 hour story section in AC Origins without access to the open world... and then realised there was like 2 quests left but about 6 areas in the top corner that I hadn’t been to. Currently wandering around Libya and honestly, I think the game would have been better without it. I’m loving the game but this last little bit for me to clear out to achieve 100% feels like overkill. And I’ve still got the DLC!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett
The DLC is supposedly very, very good. Much like what you seem to be experiencing though, by the time I popped the Plat, I was ready to move on. Maybe I’ll go back and play it one day... but it’s unlikely.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah I was done well before then after I had finished the story. I was finding myself getting bored of the game so I stopped playing it before my experience of it was tarnished forever.

I needed a big break from the series after that, so much so that I'm still not in the mood to play Odyssey or Valhalla. Still really enjoyed Origins though, just felt there needed to be less of everything.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @colonelkilgore Yeah, I stopped the game when the story was complete, despite large areas of the map being unvisited and lots of side quests being incomplete. It’s a shame because the world is so beautiful and interesting. But I felt my enjoyment had crested and things would end sour if I pushed it. I actually was still on a relative high at the end and wanted to start Odyssey straight away but I knew it would ruin the series for me if I didn’t take a break. Then Ghost of Tsushima came along and that satisfied my AC appetite for a while.

I guess Odyssey is a little different in the gameplay department at least. Supposedly there’s dialogue choices, in addition to the different protagonists, and more emphasis on naval travel and battle. Maybe it will still feel fresh.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic