Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,001 to 3,020 of 6,460

HallowMoonshadow

Nicely done @nessisonett! What'd you think of the cathedral? Got a bit mazelike towards the end and I did get a bit lost one or two times despite having a map... Still quite enjoyed the place though! The player memories was pretty interesting too with Jack tagging along... Really quite enjoyed the Queen's Knight fight myself.

The Successor Of The Ribcage threw me off a little having a second health bar... She got kinda crazy towards the end for me with energy balls bouncing round the room, her goddamn laser beam attacks and her temp shielding too made her second battle a bit more interesting then I was expecting for a mostly stationary boss

I only just started the series earlier in the year @SweetSummerShunv.

Having seen all the others sporting Danganronpa avatars and hearing their thoughts on the games too piqued my interest and I ended up buying 1.2 reload in one of the sales.

I quite enjoyed 1 despite a few quibbles with some of the plot points... Danganronpa 2 though pretty much nailed everything from start to finish and I enjoyed it so much more.

Really not quite sure what you'd make of the 1st going backwards like you are. The trials are a fair bit shorter then 2's (At least to me they were), not as complex and whilst the trials might give you a few surprises... You do know the main story beats already.

How come you started with V3 and worked your back?

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

SweetSummerShunv

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I've seen Monokuma in quite a few places before I started on the series and that piqued my interest. I decided to just jump in with V3 right away because let's face it, I'm not the type that likes exploring older instalments and hence dated visuals and gameplay, so I tend to just jump right into the latest or the earliest entry in the same hardware generation, and recap the earlier plot through Wikis. I know this would make me a filthy casual but I can't explore every single franchise from beginning to finish these days, so I had to cheap a little. Nonetheless, it turned out that starting in V3 didn't spoil too much due to the only tenuous connections to the earlier two instalments, and I really like Miu Iruma. Indeed, before I decided to show my real face in my profile photo, I used Miu's for a while on Twitter, and had a pretty Miu-like personality too which I eventually felt uncomfortable with.

SweetSummerShunv

Wawxiaobao

Playing outward , and will play ELEX When I finish

VALAR MORGULIS

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I liked the Cathedral to start with but the final section was an absolute maze and not particularly in a good way. The Ribcage wasn’t too hard but two forms always catches you off guard the first time! I did like the player’s memories though, it was a decently sized area with a good boss. It makes sense that it was originally going to be the tutorial area, given Jack’s explanations of key gameplay mechanics!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Brydontk

So I'm currently playing this on the Switch, but since it's also on the PS4 I'll say it here: People, Monster Sanctuary is really really good. Has a surprisingly robust skill tree system and is a really fun monster-collecting/metroidvania hybrid rpg. I knew it was gonna be good but I'm blown away at just how good it is. Not to mention it's pretty challenging. Currently have a team I really like after adding a couple new monsters and have been happily jumping into every battle I can find cause they feel so powerful now.

Edited on by Brydontk

Brydontk

HallowMoonshadow

That's fair enough @SweetSummerShunv

I guess I'd say you're honestly pretty safe I'd say in skipping it? If you already have it wouldn't hurt to give it a look but otherwise I think you know most of what goes on (especially if you've looked stuff up/accidently got some spoilers via wiki's) so it'd mostly just be for the characters, their interactions and some of the trial results really... Bit hard to recommend given the situation?

I've actually played some of V3 so I'm familar with Miu Iruma (I quite liked Himiko myself but Miu was kinda interesting). I got to chapter 4 so just over halfway. But I might actually go back and play Ultra Despair Girls first and maybe restart V3 from the beginning? Not quite sure yet really.

Yeah I totally agree on the final section being a bit much in the Cathedral @nessisonett.

Seeing as you've mainly stuck with Yakumo as your partner for the game ... I bet it was a bit weird for you being lumped with Jack for a while huh?

I'm using Io as my partner now and she's kinda a jack of all trades with some good spells, decent weapon damage and I think she uses the stronger revival gift you get with her Blood Code too... She's really quite versatile.

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I’ve used Louis a bit as well but it was quite cool having someone else along for the ride. Honestly all the companions are good in their own right but Yakumo is probably my favourite. He’s a total tank.

PSVR_lover

I am playing The Council, such a great game.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

SweetSummerShunv

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yes I do plan on playing the very first Danganronpa on my phone and tablet eventually because I feel like using monster hardware to play legacy generation games is a bit of a waste, but yes I'm overall keen on exploring the first game at some stage, possibly during one of my upcoming long train trips which I have to take back home. As for Miu, I won't spoil too much on what's going to become of her given the stage you're at in your progression in V3, other than that her gadgets will play a huge role throughout the rest of the story, which will rapidly become darker and darker after this point, and then to another form of darkness altogether.

SweetSummerShunv

PSVR_lover

@SweetSummerShunv I played Dangaronpa on my tablet and loved it. It’s a great experience. Pretty much the same game I played on my PSVITA, but my tablets larger screen made it a better play.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

HallowMoonshadow

Well I hope you enjoy the first Danganronpa @SweetSummerShunv whenever you get round to playing it! I'll let you know whenever I get round to Danganronpa V3 and give my thoughts on Mui if you like

Seeing as it's the 24th... Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays too!

SweetSummerShunv

@PSVR_lover Awesome! I have a 30+ hour train trip waiting for me in a month or so, so that would be a great way to spend the time! I still have an old iPad Pro so I can perhaps make use of that.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Great! I hope you enjoy the rest of V3! And Merry Xmas/Yuletide to you and everyone else here too!

SweetSummerShunv

TheIdleCritic

Just Platinumed FFXV. Great game. Story is a little shallow but it was fun enough. I'll have a look at the "episodes" and it'll be back to NG+ of Tsushima. As always, just biding my time until Hitman 3.

Black_Swordsman

I'm still currently replaying Dark Souls 3 with my Kratos build, it's great fun, grinding and leveling up. That's all I'm doing at the moment, gaming-wise.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Gaming365247

Got bugsnax for PlayStation 4 so playing that for Christmas

Ask Me for my PSN/XBL Gamertags

Gremio108

Got Dirt 5 and Miles Morales for Christmas, but I've hardly touched them because we also got Minecraft Dungeons for the kids and damn this game is awesome. Completely derivative of Diablo obviously, but a hoot nonetheless. It's a fair challenge too, unless all the rum I've drunk in the last 48 hours has dampened my reflexes

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

nessisonett

I forgot how absolutely nuts the FFXV crossover is in Assassin’s Creed Origins. The one in FFXV is also brilliant. It’s such a strange thing for games from totally different developers to crossover in that way but it weirdly works. I wish more devs would do this sort of thing.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I had totally forgot about it when I was playing it and genuinely had no idea wtf was going on. 😂 I loved riding around on my Chocobo-camel. The sword and shield are pretty decent too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder The shield is brilliant because you don’t really come across that many legendary shields in the base game. I had the one but this is just a straight upgrade. The sword is pretty good but I have a cursed spear that murders everyone while permanently reducing me to one health bar. It makes combat a whole lot more tense and honestly makes it more fun. The chocobo-camel thingy is great fun though, it looks silly but is exactly what these sorts of games need more of.

Total_Weirdo

I've just finished Marvel Avengers and I will start Cyberpunk 2077 tomorrow after the 45GB update downloads/Installs 😴

Feel free to add me on Switch.

Switch Friend Code SW-4502-1527-9512

PSN: Total_Weirdo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic