Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,861 to 2,872 of 2,872

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic No worries. It has been a long time since I played it so I won’t be much help with anything.

I would also highly recommend playing Heart of Stone first.

Thrillho

nessisonett

I fear I may have made a mistake in going for AC3’s platinum. Some of the optional objectives in missions are pretty evil, I’ve spent hours and hours and finally cleared a mission where you have to infiltrate two boats without being spotted and get an air assassination on a specific enemy. This means I have to spend ages shuffling along the outside of the ship, waiting to chuck someone overboard without being spotted, in order to only leave that one specific enemy alive in order to kill him in a specific way. And then I need to clear the other ship without being spotted. And if I’m spotted then I go all the way back to the beginning. And ammo bizarrely doesn’t regenerate on death. Truly maddening stuff. I finally cleared it after a good few hours but this platinum will definitely feel good once I get it.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Arugula

I got Mafia on disc and while I'm only a couple of chapters in, I'm thoroughly enjoying the tale so far.

Special mention to the opening scene of flying through the city, utterly stunning graphics and beautifully done. One of the finest in recent memory.

Arugula

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, I don't know how I feel about optional objectives and, by extension, specific challenge modes. Of course, it's great to give folks more to do, but they're often so pigging difficult. I booted up the Vanquish challenge mode a couple days ago thinking "maybe I can stick this out and finally complete them" and had to abandon the very first one after forty-five minutes of pure, unbridled rage. Congratulations on sticking with that mission; it'll certainly make the platinum sweeter!

@Arugula Good to hear positive thoughts on Mafia. I'm kinda tempted!

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Draco_V_Ecliptic

@Thrillho I'm still playing The Witcher 3, I started Hearts of Stone first, as advised and I am currently squaring off against the Toad "Prince" in the oxenfurt sewers after clearing the area of drowners. It seems on par with a Dark Souls challenge as dodging is everything, but this seems way better and way more challenging than vanilla TW3, better bosses, better characters, what's not to love? . Thoughts?

"Guinevere herself was unworthy of the love she inspired, but then a queen steps so lightly even when crushing a louse."

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Arugula My mum’s only got a few chapters left but it’s utterly brilliant. I can understand where the reviews are coming from with ‘cars handle terribly’ and some PS2 mission design but personally I love that aspect. Cars handle about as well as you’d expect them to since it’s the 30s and the linear mission structure gives us a type of game we don’t get anymore, a straight story without unnecessary padding.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Kidfried

@nessisonett "A type of game we don’t get anymore, a straight story without unnecessary padding" Wish the same thing could be said for Mafia 3.

Also, @nessisonett is gonna put me on their Ignore list now, but I've started playing Days Gone. I really wanted to play something survival-y. Deacon might be a douche, but Oregon is beautiful.

nessisonett

@Kidfried Oh yeah, the graphics are lovely in Days Gone and the gameplay is... serviceable. I just hated being in the shoes of Deacon, I’ve never had such a severe reaction to a protagonist before. I just hate him.

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried If you waited about a month, that is part of the PS Plus collection on PS5.

Weird. I couldn't ever imagine having such a reaction to a fictional character... in anything really. Sure everyone say they hate certain characters, but they don't really mean it most of the time.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Again, it’s been so long since I played it that I struggle to remember many details but I certainly remember that boss!

I’ve mentioned it before on here but the DLC was a challenge for me as I completed the base game before they introduced enemy scaling so when I came back to it after so long away, and with that now in place, I was getting murdered by lowly packs of wolves..

There are some good boss fights in the DLC though and I seem to remember the final boss of Blood and Wine being a really doozy!

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho That is one of the reasons I've struggled to get back into the expansions. Initially I thought I had become really rubbish at the game!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic