Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,861 to 2,880 of 6,460

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Would be interested in your Wolfenstein II thoughts, if you're passing through. I came away sorely disappointed a couple years ago but, as always, I've reached the "Was I too harsh?" stage and have been contemplating a replay. Hope you enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

I am currently playing Dark Souls Remastered for the third time, second complete playthrough, though. I am in the Tomb of the Giants at the first bonfire and am enjoying the immersive detail Miyazaki and his design team have provided, mainly reflected in what looks like the image of forgotten underground cities opposite the first (only?) bonfire in this area.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Trisque I haven't, but I have seen Youtube footage of it, DSR looks much better, with many QoL improvements. Dark Souls on PS3 looks borderline unplayable in comparison.

So @Trisque, do you reckon you will get it on PS4 or PS3? Perhaps before picking up the new version of Demon's Souls?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger I'm enjoying it. My one big complaint is the cutscenes. I hate how it goes from gameplay to a pre-rendered cutscene with black boarders. I find it ruins the flow of the game and takes me out of it.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Trisque

@Draco_V_Ecliptic ps4 most likely, seeing as I don't have a ps3. I was mainly curious as to how you (an open DS fan) felt about their differences, because I've heard a decent amount of complaining that the remaster wasn't what people wanted.

Trisque

nessisonett

@Trisque I’ve played both but I never did complete the remaster. I honestly didn’t notice any differences other than the frame rate in Blighttown being better. I was playing on PC though so graphical differences didn’t feel as drastic.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett Dark Souls Remastered's QoL improvements seem to solely be in the PvP system and how the online works, nothing in terms of the actual game outside the surface level stuff like resolution/performance enhancements, as well as altering the locations of certain bonfires

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Yeah, I don’t play multiplayer like at all. I’m fine with invasions and that boss fight in 3 was cool but I always play solo when I can.

LieutenantFatman

Completed my first scenario on Frostpunk this afternoon. It's a very hard game to put down, time really flies! I enjoyed it a lot, back to Celeste for now but looking forward to trying the next scenario.

LieutenantFatman

Black_Swordsman

@Trisque That's the way it goes with a lot of Souls fans, the hardcore purists are always gonna complain, no matter what changes are made - I think a lot of the fundamental core base have complained about certain change made in DeS Remastered as well, such as the redesign of Flamelurker. But no, Dks1 Remastered is a great game, and you should totally play it, let me know if you get it!

Black_Swordsman

I'm going to pick up where I left off with Alien: Isolation today, because I am seeking a different kind of challenge to the Souls games, great as they are.

nessisonett

I started Dead Rising Remastered. Discovered it was a roguelike on the first boss. This is going to be a tough one.

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Interesting; glad that the gameplay is holding up for you, at least! The whole aspect ratio thing wound me up as well, but I had bigger problems elsewhere. If you finish it praising everything but the immersion-shattering cutscenes, then I might give it another shot. Thanks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune via the Uncharted collection.

Never played it before (I've only played the third and barely remember it tbh) so I'm kinda going into the series fresh more or less.

Nothing groundbreaking but it's a good time so far and been rather enjoyable (How many shootouts are there though?! That pirate guy has a bloody army of goons lol).

I've got to chapter 12 (Or 13) I've just got off the Jet-ski on my way to the monastary to find Sully

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh yeah, the whole ‘Nate’s just a happy-go-lucky treasure Hunter’ doesn’t hold up when he guns down hundreds of mercenaries. He’s clearly some sort of super soldier.

HallowMoonshadow

I'm actually surprised at how little puzzle solving there is so far... I know Nate has actually only been in one ruined temple so far but I figured it'd be much more balanced then the whole cover based shooting malarky @nessisonett 😅

I also had a little go of Crypt of The Necrodancer which I admittedly snagged when it went free all of a sudden for PAL/UK accounts the other day.

Hasn't been taken away from my account or anything which is nice and it certainly is different.

I'm really not all that good at rhythm based games so I can't say it's something I would've purchased but the fact it's mainly a rougelike dungeon crawler might see me through this more then something like Hatsune Miku or the Persona dancing games...

The Danganronpa content in it is pretty cool too!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

Just prior to moving house I decided to download a game that wouldn't really need online that I could play while we didn't have broadband after the move.

Looking through my PS+ library, I decided to give Need For Speed:Payback a go and I have to say I'm having a blast. The story is nonsense but in a kind of fun way and the arcadey feel to the racing is exactly my sort of thing; much more GTA than GT. The different race styles make it interesting and the customisation for cars is great too.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I enjoyed what I played of Payback too. Heat wasn't too bad either, I quite liked the risk/reward of racing at night time.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Simultaneously playing Dead Rising and Kingdom Hearts: Memory of Melody. Dead Rising is incredibly antiquated and hard as nails but maybe sort of fun. A bit.

The KH rhythm game is so close to brilliant that it’s frustrating. It’s as if they deliberately obscure the hit markers to throw you off, which is a very poor choice for a rhythm game as they can still be hard while being able to see what you’re doing. The combination of X, L1 and R1 to hit the notes gives me slight cramp after a few songs on a DS4 too. It just really makes me appreciate the touchscreen on the 3DS, Theatrhythm’s controls were just perfect and the music was also a lot more varied. While I appreciate that the story mode in this game is far more detailed and stuff, the two songs for each world structure, one field and one battle, is getting a bit obvious and stale now. There’s boss battles but only about 4 in the whole game which is a massive missed opportunity as they’re quite fun. Being forced to relive the plot of the Kingdom Hearts series for about the millionth time, especially 1, is completely baffling. Perhaps they think this way they can get away with not releasing the original games on Switch as now players understand (or not) the plot of the series?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic