Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 6,458

PSVR_lover

I have Yakuza 0. I really liked it. Yes, it was kinda slow in the beginning, but that all changed as the game went along. It can be bought for a very reasonable price today.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

nessisonett

@PSVR_lover Yeah, I’ve beaten it twice now, once back in 2017 and once last year on Legend. It really is a brilliant game but I’m enjoying seeing games like this and Red Dead 2 from a relative beginner’s point of view. It makes you appreciate certain things a lot more like good minimaps and checkpoints.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

Currently playing the remaster of the Ghostbusters game. I'm very fond of the films (yes even the sequel) so the idea of having the original cast in the game was very appealing. However the sound mix of the game is absolutely appalling. I'm missing loads of what is being said by the cast because you have to find a bizarre sweet spot to stand/look in order hear the dialogue at a reasonable volume. It's really spoiling the experience.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I hate that in games, I've noticed it seems to happen more often than not recently.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

Played a bit more F1 2019 and what can I say? It's not absolutely crap on a pad like project cars which is the single worst pad controlled racer I have ever played. Its use able after a bit of tinkering.

There are a few races with tight and quick turns, almost impossible without assists turned on. Bahrain sticks out here, there's a chicane and you can't run it property as the car is too twitchy. Way more difficult than it has any right to be when the likes of Forza and GT have these basics down to a fine art. With a wheel I'm sure these issues would be resolved but I don't own one!

The tracks are varied but boring as hell, you have the odd bird or aircraft in the air but that's it, Statik scenery. It gives the games a very sterile feel. The cars are nice and the cut scenes are okay.

I have no idea of the AI sweetspot - having a solitary slider for AI is a bit concerning, would much prefer a wider set of options as I have no idea what's improving in the AI. When they can't keep up on a straight for no reason they are just nerfed it's not really AI at all!

And the biggest crime of all? Locked single player content behind a pay wall. And lots of it as well, all the best gloves and uniforms. It's a disgrace in a full price game. I won't beat this subject anymore than I have already but codemasters racing release schedule is akin to Tecmo Koei and their various musuo games. They should not be charging me money for a patterned helmet! It is the lowest of the low, graphics that take minutes to design and would add a touch to customisation being flogged on the store in a full price game!

I was considering buying the new F1 game but with these snide practices I won't buy another codemasters game full stop. Which isn't a big loss.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Black_Swordsman

@BearsEatBeets i really enjoyed Ghostbusters on PS3, I didn't notice any problems with the sound just a problem with saving progress past a certain level, meaning that I had to play it until 3am in order to complete it! That was a hardcore gaming session, if ever there was one. Is the saving problem still there in the PS4 version?

I am currently still playing GoT on PS4 and loving it! It's really an excellent experience, and I just completed the tale of Hammer and Forge.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

GoT is great fun, I think that the Arkham-style, although some would say, arguably Assassins' Creed-style or inspired combat is the best point of the game, although from what I have seen on Youtube, the boss fights look particularly, no especially daunting compared to the average PvE encounter within the game.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Col_McCafferty

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is my main game at present. 30% in but so far I'm really enjoying it. Only problem is every time I reach a new area I'm spending lots of time trying to capture and share the perfect screenshot!

God help me when I finally get round to playing Ghost of Tsushima.

😱

Col_McCafferty

JohnnyShoulder

@Col_McCafferty Yeah good luck, I think i took about 150 screenshots in GoT.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

I'm stuck into Wargroove at the moment. Got to love a good turn based game.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@Col_McCafferty Yeah, when they announced Shadow of the Tomb Raider would come with a Photo Mode, I both cheered and sighed at the same time (quite a feat). Two playthroughs and all the DLC later, and my current total is 460 screencaps. You'll get there eventually!

Glad you're enjoying it. It's a cracking game, and a worthy conclusion to the trilogy.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

It's a bit hard to talk about Trails Of Cold Steel 2 due to the fact it's a direct sequel that takes place immeadiately after the first. I really don't wanna even allude to things so unfortunately it's rather limiting in what I can say about it! And there's a lot I wanna say!

From how it's progressing it seems to be on the shorter side of things (Maybe 50 hours total runtime compared to the 85 or so I spent on the first?) and rather then a chapter based system this is actually split into longer acts.

You do revisit a lot of places from the first game too (Though there a few new places like some areas that you weren't allowed/couldn't go to before).

I seemed to have noticed the monster reskins a lot more in this one (Though it does reuse pretty much all the monsters from the first game which doesn't help playing one practically after the other). Though there are new monster designs too of course!

Seeing as it's the second half of a two part arc/duology this one does have a bit more of a snappier pace and a lot more going on seeing as the first was mostly setting up Erebonia and the key characters you'd see throughout this and the rest of the cold steel series though it's still a bit small stakes in what you're actually doing at the moment?

There's some neat changes & additions like how they re-did the quartz/slot system so you have all the slots open from the start but can only have basic quartz in each slot initially and you have to upgrade them so you can equip your rarer pieces which'll give you your bonus stats to go with a skill or the rarest ones that give multiple skills at once.

Some of the Master Quartz have been altered too and generally are a bit more useful though they take a LOT longer to level up.

The overdrive system (Which gives you and your partner character 3 free turns between you & gives you instant casting on arts, not to mention all base attacks knock enemies off-balance) is pretty neat and a good addition to add a bit more strategy to battles.

This game seems a smidge more harder too despite playing both this and the first on normal (No doubt due to the overdrive system being added and the fact you start the game at level 40.)

There's not much else I can really say about it at the moment. There's a bunch of new characters introduced that I quite like and the returning cast of characters are all still rather enjoyable.

If I had to say which game I prefer at the moment I think I'd say the first.

Not that the second is bad by any means... But I think the first generally had a more grounded tone that I really quite liked whereas the second is a bit more...

... Anime is probably the least spoilery way I can put it?

The first obviously has a lot of japanese and anime related tropes in it as well but hopefully anyone who reads this who already has played them or eventually plays them will hopefully get what I sorta mean in regards to the second.

I'm trying real hard not to give anyone a whiff of what's going on so apologies for the vagueness of it all lol 😅

I am really quite enjoying my time with it

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It sounds interesting and I’m glad you’re enjoying it. One of these days I’ll finish ToCS1. It might be in my deathbed but I’ll certainly try!

Would you say you prefer ToCS more than the Persona series / world so far? I know you’ll only be able to fully say so after making it through ToCS 2, 3 and maybe 4, but I guess they compare closest to Persona so I was wondering your thoughts in comparison.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

I started up Two Point Hospital earlier and it's great fun.

It's a good job that Bullfrog don't exist anymore as they could sue the pants off the developers as it goes a lot further than just taking inspiration from Theme Hospital. So many of the rooms are the same, the tannoy sounds so similar, and obviously gameplay is very similar. I'm only on the third level so I'm sure there will be more unique features.

Still great fun though.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Oh lordy that's a really tough question @Th3solution.

• I really like Persona 3.
  • Persona 4 is good too. I don't quite like it as much as 3 but it's still pretty good.
  • But... I don't particularly like Persona 5 all that much.

I've also played Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (Though that's more your typical rpg) and it's unfortunately a bit too dated in a number of ways and the story was fairly eh (I never finished it even before my original american PS3 account got wiped).

You can't top the madness of Persona 2: Innocent Sin's story that brings in Hitl- I mean... The Fuhrer as a final(-ish) boss too (I'm being serious it's true!)

The world building so far in the Trails games is rather good & I do think the combat is better overall then Persona's too (The "one more" system is a bit too one sided for the player. The press turn system used in the mainline SMT series and used in a few offshoots like Digital Devil Saga I feel is much better).

The social link events are better in Persona however (For the most part) and Persona 5 is undeniably pretty stylish and slick in it's presentation (The only thing it really has going for it to me besides the more detailed character/persona models).

The title menu that slowly changes as you go through Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 however is a VERY cool little detail that I really quite like. I hope the third does it too

I quite like the Cold Steel soundtrack but I would say persona 3 & 4's is a little more memorable to me (Admittedly I have played them through three or so times).

I'm not terribly fond of P5's soundtrack. I can barely remember half the tracks and I don't remember the ending song in the slightest. I remember P3's Kimi No Kioku/Memories Of You like the back of my hand and P4's Nevermore is real catchy.

So do I like Trails of Cold Steel more then the persona series?

I guess if I had to roughly rank the games individually right now it'd be

• Persona 3
  • Cold Steel 1
  • Persona 4
  • Cold Steel 2
  • and then Persona 5

Persona 3 & Cold Steel 1 aren't that far apart.

Persona 4 & Cold Steel 2 aren't that far apart either (And as you're obviously aware I'm only halfway through Cold Steel 2 so there's a chance it could overtake P4 or any of the others.)

The gap between Cold Steel 2 and Persona 5 is incredibly vast however.

Of course I do need to replay Persona 3 (As I already said I would earlier in the year... but I dunno where I'll fit it in now) & Persona 4 as it's been ages since I played them.

... I hope that helped you out a little with my scattershot, late night thoughts regarding both series... It wasn't all just waffle I hope? 😂

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Perfect. Makes sense to me.
So far I’d put P4 slightly above P3 and P5 (which I also never finished). My ToCS experience has been fine and I think it’s more a ‘me problem’ than any issue with the game.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Awesome. Legal nonsense aside, I was really hoping Two Point Hospital would end up being almost a carbon copy (or a remaster) of Theme Hospital. Glad you're having fun!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

I’m now totally into Watch Dogs 2 against my better judgement. It’s somehow both incredibly beige and also just quite good fun. I mostly spend my time running around going to markers but the core hacking gameplay is really enjoyable, the map is brilliant and there’s a whole lot of charm.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

R1spam

For better or for worse, I've started mass effect andromeda. Hour and a half in, can't say there won't be nerd rage. Ooft the animations are rough sometimes. When I'm finished I need to go back and read the Jason Schreir inside bioware article about this game.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Tjuz

@Thrillho Ah, Two Point Hospital! I had a good time with that game last year. I did drop out a few hospitals in, but it was great fun while it lasted. I definitely feel like they could've done a bit more in terms of updating Theme Hospital and adding their own flavour, but it's still solid stuff. Glad to see you're enjoying it! Maybe more unique and exciting features will be introduced in the coming hospitals.

@R1spam My fondest memory of Mass Effect Andromeda (and I didn't finish the game) was fighting a big boss on the first open world planet, and being totally unprepared for it. There was no way I could revert to before it either since my saves were far apart, so I kind of just had to keep trying until I eventually just managed to scrape by. I think that's definitely where Andromeda's strength lies, the combat. I'll always remember how satisfying it was to finally pull that off, but I don't think I'll look back fondly on Andromeda for basically anything else, haha.

Tjuz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic