Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 6,461

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho When I was checking wikipedia the other day, this made me lol

Untitled

Think that should be on your gravestone. 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

@Arugula
Like any game of this sort, it's considerably more entertaining when teaming up with some friends.
But yeah, the ongoing server issues are a real pain.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

I started Watch Dogs 2 and yep, the gameplay is as bland as I expected. It’s a shame, the setting is beautiful, the cast aren’t as bad as I was led to believe and the soundtrack is surprisingly good. I hate this whole ‘complete missions to earn arbitrary points to unlock new missions’ system. It feels like an MMO and not in a good way. At least it was free.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

So seeing as online was free for the weekend I gave Soul Calibur VI and Mortal Kombat XL a whirl online.

... Funnily enough after at least seven months or so of not playing them I got the floor wiped with me faster then you could say "Why did you ever think you were gonna do anything other then absolutely terrible at them Scotchy?"

Still fun though.

Might try a few other games with online functions I've got today

I re-started DOOM 64 as well and got to level 9 (The first hell level).

It is a bit funny to know I'm honestly better at aiming in DOOM 2016 (Though still terrible) then this were all you can do is aim left and right. I'm missing demons and wasting bullets all over the shop. 😂

Enjoying it though!

The soundtrack really made me anxious last night in fact with the random noises on level 8 that made it sound like enemies were teleporting in or around the rooms.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The one thing I didn't expect about DOOM 64 is its soundtrack. All those weird and wonderful noises are embedded in the music; as a result, some of the levels have pant-wettingly scary noises constantly looping in their backgrounds!

What difficulty are you playing on? I only ask because I think there's more ammo available on easy and so, if you've got plenty of it, there's no problem with a spray-and-pray approach.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I'm on the medium/second difficulty setting @RogerRoger which is "Bring it on!" or something like that? It's not too hard thankfully at the moment and I'm saving after every level. I'll be sure to keep that in mind though!

I'm quite surprised at how long some have taken me to beat (15 minutes or so) even without trying to hunt for secrets.

I just found out you can move the map screen with the touch pad or zoom in and out with it.

Also found out there's a setting for motion controls/assist (or whatever ya like to call it) buried in the options menu.

I can't see that improving my aiming if the soundtrack gets me like it did last night

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I think that's what I played it on, too (certain trophies notwithstanding) and my in-game aiming is far from what you'd call "pinpoint" so I'm sure you'll do okay.

I don't think I knew that about the touchpad map controls! You're my new thing I learned today!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

I’ve started Siren, the PS2 game through PS Now. It’s odd. Very odd. The graphics are pretty cool though and it’s more of that classic survival horror gameplay. The voices are hilarious though.

HallowMoonshadow

I've made quite a bit of progress in DOOM 64 since I last posted.

I'm on level... 23? I remember the name at least of the level I'm on which is The Unholy Temple. I was rather stumped on how to progress last time I played but I'm sure I'll figure it out when I go back.

I got the Secret demon... laser weapon and I just found another? Dunno if that's actually done anything I haven't really been secret hunting all that much since I got into the hell based levels so I might've missed out on some other goodies.

... I've also been quick saving a LOT. Never abused one of those before (Not that many games I've played have the function) but with DOOM 64 I've been using it like it's going out of fashion to my shame 😅

I also started up The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel 2 in earnest.

I initially had a little look at the opening area a week ago after finishing the first but it was far too soon so I ended up turning it off.

Then I tried playing it Tuesday from the start but couldn't get into it at all.

And then yesterday I went at it again from the beginning and despite the fact I was boiling alive in the british summer heat everything just fell into place and I beat the prologue.

I've played some of chapter 1 today too and got along with it just fine and am quite enjoying it. 😊

Does feel quite different to Cold Steel 1 (But that's all I can say unfortunately without getting into spoiler territory!)

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Coronavirus means it’s just not feasible for now. It’s hard enough for people who’re only just now getting back to work so most companies aren’t taking anyone on. In all honesty, I’ll be applying for placement come next year anyway so as long as I can save enough money to make it to my first month’s wage then I should be fine. I’ll see how it goes but this virus really has put a spanner in the works across so many different industries and there are people who need work more desperately than I do.

Elodin

Still on act 1 of Ghosts of Tsushima lol. I'm soaking in the beauty. Looking forward to Pathfinder kingmaker coming out the 18th.

Elodin

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Will you be relying on PS Plus and PS now for games for the foreseeable then? I haven't asked you this before, but what are you studying at Uni?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

InvaderJim

Started 4th play-through of the TLOU2 on grounded+ with Perma Death set to Act which will be max 5 hour penalty if I die. Hardest thing is trying to judge when to heal with the grounded difficulty, did laugh when I opened the 1st safe and it only had single bottle of alcohol.

InvaderJim

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah, my student loan and scholarship comes through next month but I feel like spending it on GoT and TLOU2 is probably a hugely irresponsible thing to do. I’ve got a decently large backlog so for now, I’ll be ok. I’m going into my 3rd year of a BSc in Software Engineering, it’s a 5 year course so I probably won’t bother doing a postgrad. It’s very dry and occasionally interesting, like most subjects you study in detail.

themcnoisy

Started up F1 2019 last night. It's horrible.

Codemasters make a ton of racing games and it feels really bad on a controller and the graphics aren't good enough in my opinion. The cars look great but everything else is average. Disappointing.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy That’s a shame, I really enjoyed last year’s game. The proper F1 drivers seem to like it too given they used it during lockdown for races. I have heard this year’s one is brilliant though.

themcnoisy

@nessisonett I put Driveclub on a couple of weeks ago, although I'm at an almost impossible point for mortals to obtain trophies (DC has ridiculously hard dlc especially maxing out all events) the mechanics are excellent with awesome graphics across the board.

Playing F1 is plain ugly, I said it about nascar and there just isn't enough flair on the graphics side.

I will give it another go in the future for sure, so hopefully it can win me round.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

I’m now playing Yakuza 0 with my mum. She’s beaten Chapter 1 and general feelings are that it’s quite slow to start and text heavy but I do remember feeling that myself until a good few chapters in. She’s loving the combat though, with the similar controls I thought it would be a good game to ease her back into The Witcher 3, it was just too hectic for her at that point. I forgot how serious the first few chapters were, there’s basically none of the classic humour seen later on.

Edited on by nessisonett

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic