Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 2,419

MS7000

Seeing all this Yakuza talk is making me want to go back to them. I blitzed through 3-6 back-to-back, but obviously I missed alot of side content. I am also fairly close to 100% on 0 so I should probably finish that off.

Currently alternating between Concrete Genie and Tales of Vesperia.

MS7000

kyleforrester87

Currently playing FF9 HD - I am still playing the save I started when it launched, I make a new save slot whenever I have a long gap so I can see how long it’s been between stints. Last time I played it was August last year.. in my head I thought it was maybe February this year. Where the hells the time go?

Put a happy 6 hours into it yesterday. Such an awesome game! Getting close to the Lifa Tree.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

First of the Dark Souls 2 DLC done and dusted. Crown of the Sunken King’s bosses are pretty good but the area is really frustrating. Managed to somehow miss 3 bonfires but I made it eventually. Even beat Sinh on my first try which I’m chuffed with, that’s a real pain of a boss. Onto Crown of the Iron King now, although I’m saving Sir Alonne for last as I have unfinished business with that guy.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

icecube

Completed Ratchet and Clank remake and again on Challenge mode. Damn my current desire for Plat trophies though, I'm now doing a third play through to mop up the last few.
Even duster off the Vita so play R&C 1-3 as I never played the originals.

What game next though??

icecube

RogerRoger

@icecube Depends if you want more of the same, or something drastically different...!

Spyro Reignited Trilogy is a good shout for a PS4 platformer on a par with Ratchet & Clank, as it's more open and varied than Crash Bandicoot's more linear design. You also get three separate trophy lists, with attainable platinums on each, to feed your current habit.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

icecube

@RogerRoger probably looking for something less childish this time around. I might dip my toe back into the world of Tomb Raider. Esp with the July free games being announced now.

icecube

carlos82

I've finally got back round to FFVII remake, for some reason I stopped at chapter 3. I will say going back at times it looks great but a lot of it looks appalling, as if much of the game is missing, I even managed to turn Clouds light off by turning the camera and the game seemingly forgot there was a light in the room.

Its still a very good game and most of the time it doesn't matter and looks fine but it does show that at times Square's standards are pretty sloppy

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Gremio108

I was cruising through Nioh 2, thinking I'm God's gift to samurai warriors. Then I came up against this snake boss at the end of the third mission, and it's kicking my arse. Which, technically, is not something a snake should be able to do.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

nessisonett

@carlos82 I got to about Chapter 9 and haven’t gone back. I was hyped for about 5 or 6 years but a lot of it felt kinda messy idk. The combat’s pretty good and some of the story’s good but I personally just didn’t like the weird changes they made so that it’s all meta or whatever. I’ll finish it eventually 😂😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 yeah I’m playing FF9 right now, it’s crazy how low the standards have dropped with the franchise. FF7 Remake is okay but what I wouldn’t give to go back to the PS1 era of these games! There is no substitute for the original, but it’s nice to play as an extra.

I played again for 30 minutes the other day, I think I am pretty close to the Shinra building.

I do love seeing Midgar from this perspective, daylight coming under the edges of the plate viewed from the slums looks dope. Then you get some basic NPC in dungarees sending you off to find a cat and it’s like ehhh.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

belmont

It was finally time: I got all 3 Trails of Cold Steel in PS4 and I began... I beat the 1st game and started the 2nd.

belmont

carlos82

@kyleforrester87 the last thing I did today was find 3 white cats, then went home to find my accommodation was in PS2 land
Untitled
Untitled
We're a long way from the PS1 glory days

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

nessisonett

@carlos82 By the way, that door isn’t a bug, it just looks that low-res. I also did a double take when I saw it for the first time. Just wait until you get to a certain NPC just outside that sector, their mouth makes literally no sense when you hear the noises coming out of it!

carlos82

@nessisonett I don't suppose it helps that I've just come from a game who paid 3 people to animate a rope to a game that couldn't even be bothered to paint a door 😅

Ralizah

@carlos82 I loved FFVIIR quite a bit, but there's a lot of sloppiness in the backgrounds. Late in the game, there's a big moment where you're looking out over a section of Midgar, and it's literally a super low-res JPEG or something. It looked like a backdrop from the PS1 game.

Also, Aerith's flowers in the garden near her house are really, really bad. The models look like something out of a PS2 game.

And I'm not generally a person bothered by budget-y shortcuts in video games.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

PSN: Ralizah

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I'm playing the greatest western game there is on PS4...

... The PS2 classic of Wild Arms 3 of course 😆

Seeing as we'll be doing Bloodstained in the game club next week I thought this would be a good counter game to (potentially) play on the side.

I mean western themed JRPG is without a doubt the opposing side to a Gothic metroidvania right?

I did get about halfway through it (I think?) before but I'm starting again from the very beginning as I don't remember anything about it really.

I quite like the opening's set up (Even if it was a little surprising the first time around) of it ending on a potential shoot out before giving you a character selection screen and allowing you to choose the order of which character's backstory you'd like to play first.

It's a neat little way to get a feel for how each character plays so that (surprise) when you do get them all joining forces at the end of the opening, you already sort've know the role they'll play in the party.

I'll probably only get through Virginia's backstory tonight, maybe start the second... Might go for Clive whom actually has the hardest one thanks to him getting poisoned or something and a two part boss fight if I recall correctly!

Kinda forgot there's a fair bit of whilstling in the soundtrack as well that definitely gives it a unique soundtrack

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"Well that was fun. Horrible, but fun!" Fargus The Jester - Pandemonium (After a summoning a monster that destroyed his home town)

"Words don't make changes. Wounds do." Agent Black - Iconoclasts

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Never played a game in this series before, but I have to say, I absolutely love old Playstation JRPGs with really corny vocal tracks.

I also quite like the song that apparently plays at the end of the game.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

PSN: Ralizah

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Oh it's completely corny and I quite like it myself @Ralizah!

It's my first Wild Arms game. I got it for like £3.29 or something when it was on sale (alongside Dark Cloud and Ape Escape 2 which were also cheap as chips).

There's about 7 or 8 different variations of the intro as it swaps new scenes in the further you progress in the story.

I don't think that first version of the intro you posted shows up til you've actually played through the "opening" segment of all 4 character backstories.

"Well that was fun. Horrible, but fun!" Fargus The Jester - Pandemonium (After a summoning a monster that destroyed his home town)

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Here's two more tracks for ya @crimsontadpoles

This is the main random battle theme called Gunmetal Action

and they aren't actually in it til a decent way in the game but here's the Schrödinger family theme.

They're a bunch of drifters whom cross paths with the party a number of times. Can't specifically recall why though. I think I met them twice or so?

I might put up a few screenshots of the game in the next few days in the screenshot thread as well

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic