Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 6,458

BearsEatBeets

Right now I'm very near the end of Ghostbusters Remastered and they should of renamed it Ghostbusters Revived. I think I'm on the final battle but all I'm doing is running around reviving everyone as the last about 5 seconds before being knocked down again. I'm playing normal difficulty and checking the stats I've now done 197 revivals out of 233 incapacitations, it's a joke. Between this and the sound issues it's really soured would could have otherwise been a good experience.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Black_Swordsman

I'm playing Mortal Shell, but considering giving up after Youtube footage of what one reviewer described as a "Lovecraftian horror" was revealed to be nothing more than an emaciated-looking giant bird-man.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic If you are enjoying the game you should continue playing it really. Or do you always listen to what other people say rather than what you actually feel about the games you are playing?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder No, I felt that it was a good game but was disappointed by what I saw in a Youtube video of the final boss, the reviewer made the final boss sound like The One Reborn from Bloodborne by describing it as a huge "lovecraftian horror" ,and I was just disappointed by the concurrent game footage. It's like it's all leading up to nothing spectacular. I may play a bit more, but doubt I will go all the way. I am trying to avoid an anticlimactic moment.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Just a thought but maybe it would have not been that anticlimactic if you didn't watch a video spoiling the final boss? If you never watched the video in the first place you would not known it be described as lovecraftian horror. When I'm playing a game that is the last thing I want is having what lays ahead revealed on a YouTube vid or something before I've come across it naturally.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder I was only disappointed because the boss didn't look as good as the way it was described in the review, nay, it looked much worse, very disappointing compared to the description in the review. If it had looked good, I would have continued to play it, whilst looking forward to taking it on.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic The secret is not to watch videos spoiling games you are currently playing in the first place.

Personally when I'm playing a game I avoid all content on it, and only look stuff up if I'm stuck on a section or something like that. There have been too many times when games have been spoiled for me when watching reviews and the like.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I hate how, quite often one or two days before its release, people will somehow get hold of an early copy of any given game and rush to complete it. I quite like watching launch trailers the day before I get a new game, to hype myself up, and the amount of "FINAL BOSS + HIDDEN ENDING!!" thumbnails which pop up in YouTube's recommended sidebar is ridiculous. I've had the endings of quite a few games spoiled that way (the last of which was Jedi: Fallen Order).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yep I feel your pain, had that happen on few occasions. Reading a preview and it explains in detail what happens at some point in the game. I had Resi Evil 7 spoiled for me in that way.

LieutenantFatman

Finished the main campaign on Wargroove, good fun. I've started the arcade mode now, just completed my first run.

I was tempted to purchase Space Hulk Tactics currently on sale, which has similar game play but these are not popular games and I can see I'd have no one online to play against. Shame as it looks like it's easily the best Warhammer 40k game on PS4 right now.

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

Two Point Hospital is actually pretty tough so far.

I've just done the research level and had so many people dying it was a bit ridiculous. GP offices are used so much that half of your hospital ends up being those rooms or you end up with massive queues for them.

Still good fun though.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

I'm going back to Bloodborne today. Those DLC-related trophies are simply irresistible to me.

Rudy_Manchego

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I still have the final Boss fight on the DLC to complete after getting the plat for the main game but I was a bit burnt out and he is a right little (slash big) begger to fight!

Lady Maria is an awesome boss fight though!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Same here on both counts! Lady Maria is one tough mofo.

nessisonett

@Rudy_Manchego That boss took me ages and I still have no clue how I beat it. I think it was more that I just played really well on that one individual life rather than any sort of tactics.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@Rudy_Manchego I decided to go back to Dark Souls Remastered once more instead to complete it a second time, with my Guts (Berserk manga) build, and to get the alternate ending. Are you a fan of that game?

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder I spent ages on Lady Maria first time round - when I played through the DLC a second time, I beat her first go. It was mainly luck and also that I had just got a bit better at parrying. I used 2 blood vials and got 5 or 6 parries in. I don't think it was skill though - on my very first playthrough ever I beat Father Gascoigne on my first go and thought I was god. I have never beaten him subsequently on a first go.

@nessisonett Oh boy yes - I think I can beat him but for me, with all these fights, the whole thing is just repetition until I learn the move set over and over. I am a slow learner!

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I love Bloodborne and have Dark Souls but have never beaten it. I started Dark Souls earlier this year and then went back to Bloodborne. I really do need to though.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Vahla_Hanesh

As my partner was chiding me for never playing Train Sim World as I was talking about the sequel, I decided to fire it up again. I still get confused about the pantograph. I can get the train up and running okay and manage to stop at the next station but then it doesn't want to play with me after that. The English trains are cool to use though. I just wish there was more variety in the DLC.

Vahla_Hanesh

Rudy_Manchego

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Thanks! I will defo need them when I come back to the game since farming is a necessary part of my Soulsborne experience!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic