Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,677

KratosMD

I'm reaching the 40 hour mark of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and the second half of the game is bloody fantastic. The pacing has improved tenfold, you're constantly going through dungeons and fighting one boss Digimon after the other. Moreover, the story is really interesting now and plot twists are occurring left and right. Seriously, if the game had started out like this, I would've loved it from the beginning. The developers should've just cut out the first 20 hours and the game would've been perfect. Even still I'm really enjoying it now and I can't wait to finish it later this week.

KratosMD

RogerRoger

After getting all my explosive rubber ducks in a row and popping the last few attainable trophies on Hitman 2 yesterday, I've just started Detroit: Become Human.

I downloaded and was going to play Heavy Rain first; beyond a demo of Fahrenheit on PS2, I've never played a David Cage game before and figured I'd therefore try the ones made available to me in order. Last night I couldn't sleep, however, and so did a little spoiler-free research on tone and content and am so glad I did. Not sure I'd have ever started Detroit if I'd played Heavy Rain first. Am perfectly happy skipping that one forever, methinks.

Detroit, meanwhile, is off to a fine start. Immediately feeling drawn in and it's caught me with a "just one more chapter" feeling already. I have favourite characters, I've cheered outcomes I've managed to accomplish, and I've gasped at post-chapter timelines showing that I'd unlocked 25% of the possible outcomes. Methinks I'm gonna enjoy this!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I'm curious, why won't you ever give Heavy Rain a chance? I gave up as I didn't like the controls.

If you like Detroit Become Human, you should give Beyond Two Souls ago too. I know a few people didn't like it but I thought it was ace, if not without a few faults.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Found out about the drug use and self-torture sequences. Don't ever wanna play that (I have a tough enough time watching such things in TV and film; don't make me have to "do" it). The story and themes of Detroit are much more my thing.

And thanks, yeah. I'll see how I feel after I've finished Detroit. A friend of mine played it before and said it got a bum rap from critics, so I'll keep it in mind.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Ah fair enough, I never made it that far. The two later games control a lot better, but the stealth sections in Beyond I found a bit of a nightmare

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder I need to play Beyond TS at some point, it sounds. I enjoyed both Heavy Rain and Detroit, especially Detroit. I finished HR once, and didn’t go back to experience other storylines, and I’d say it was a good narrative experience, weird controls and less interesting characters notwithstanding. But definitely the tone is a little bit grim and I’m glad Rog that you avoided it in favor of Detroit, which is far and away more polished and better imo.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Pzvejas

Wow, you guys are truly into deep games! Meanwhile, I just live on the hype for the upcoming (soooo far away!) FFVII, so grabbed the FF Online. Not a masterpiece, but with a bunch of expansions, it makes the time pass by. At one point, you get to ride a dragon – nothing beats that! I dare you to tell me otherwise!
But now at least I know why there are so few online games for PS4. It’s hard to use skills (maybe it’s just me) and sometimes it’s clunky. Have any of you played it? Tips and tricks you can share, maybe? (or should I ask that in another topic?)

Pzvejas

QualityGeezer

I'm slowly but surely working my way through ESO. I only started playing it this year but loving it, so much too do it's crazy

QualityGeezer

ApostateMage

I've just started playing ESO as an wood elf nightblade. Some of the quests make it feel like a proper single player game at times. It's not as polished as FFXIV but it's still good fun and as ever the music is fab.

Edited on by ApostateMage

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

I played Injustice 2 last night after watching a Suicide Sqaud animated flim. It's good fun, although as it's been so long since I last played it it has taken me a bit to get back up to speed with story. There should be a recap option for lapsed players such as me lol.

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

So I've played about twelve hours of Middle Earth: Shadow Of War now @Th3solution (Thought you might appreciate an update) @Kidfried (In case you're interested in my view)

The main story is rubbish. It and the characters I find are rather boringly written and incredibly tropey. It's pretty obvious where the plot is going. My prediction being Shelob being good all along and Celebrimbor betraying Talion with some feud between them and if it doesn't end up there I'll eat my hat.

I feel a bit sorry for Troy Baker having to play such a moody git like Talion... He's a great voice actor with roles like Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4 or Valvatorez from Disgaea IV ... Boy does Talion bore me silly though.

Thankfully the Orcs/Uruks are written well enough at least. The Austrailan accented Brůz The Chopper is a treat (And voiced by Gideon Emery or Leading Man Balthier from Final Fantasy XII) and it's always fun to get in a fight with a captain with the various abilities, weaknesses and the likes they might have. It's usally quite a challenge, especially if you go for one that's ten levels higher then you.

I've had one orc come back four times trying to get me!

They could've used a few more voice actors playing the orcs though (IMBD apparently says there's 20 or so playing the orcs) but I swear all I hear is J.B. Blanc (Ryotaro Dojima from Persona 4, Zinyak from Saints row 4), Dwight Schlutz (O'aka XXIII from FFX and the Vulture in Spiderman PS4) and Sam Reigel!

I've never personally really liked the Batman/Arkham gameplay but to be fair I have only played demo's of those so maybe I'd possibly think they're better down the line as Shadow Of War's combat is alright (I also ended up enjoying Spiderman so maybe I've given Bats a bit of a bum rap)

There's a decent amount of ways to deal with problems now that I've all the main skills unlocked. Though I've got plenty of upgrades/alternate effects I can still get.

The area's are pretty enough and I've kinda learnt the layout of each... Though they're a bit ho hum as well and just feel a bit samey with Ice Area, Fire Area, Forest Area, Mordor area etc with plenty of map icons and objectives

If it wasn't for the Nemesis System I'd honestly say it's a very average to poor game... The Nemesis system making it really and it's basically Shadow Of Mordor with a few bells and whistles attached

6/10 (maybe 6.5/10 if I'm feeling VERY generous) is the best I could see myself giving it when I'm done with it.

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Ya don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all ya need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis Persona 3

PSN:GoddessFoxy-E

》My No Commentary PS4 Youtube Channel《

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Great update! Thanks for that. It’s just what I was wondering about the game. And your thoughts show the game to be about what I expected. Good, not great. I enjoyed Shadow of Mordor about the same .. in the 6-7/10 range. So I’ll leave this one on the back burner until I feel impelled to jump into that world. Let me know if things change upon your completion because sometimes a well executed ending can propel the entire experience, especially from a narrative standpoint.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

RR529

Just entered the Penitentiary in Batman: Return to Arkham Asylum. My first time playing any of the Arkham games, and while it's roots as a last gen title show through every once in awhile, I'm really into it.

Despite not being overtly violent/gory (there's no blood effects in the combat, for example), it does a fantastic job of making you feel uneasy thanks to the atmosphere (the Medical Facility creeped me the heck out, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

ZeD

@RR529 Oh man, I started playing Arkham Asylum on Friday and for me it is the 4th or 5th time. I adore the game.

Staff Writer @ www.otakugamers.uk
PSN: zedmayer
115 Platinums
Latest Platinum : Slayaway Camp (PS4)
Working On: Patapon/Game of Thrones/Grim Fandango

PSN: zedmayer | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

Continuing the Batman theme, I played a couple of hours on Batman AK last night. It was fine but has not clicked with me yet and i did not have that feeling that I must play it again. I've done the 3 wanted missions in the area and seen Oracle in the clock tower. Not sure what to make of the batmobile so far, it handles a bit too loose for my liking. And if all the Riddler missions are batmobile based I'm not overly keen on doing too many of those. I do really like using the grapple hook however, I'll probably be using that to get around for the majority of the time. I've also been reading the graphic novel which is set before the events of the game. I've not finished those yet but it has helped with some of the background stuff.

I think part of the reason it has not clicked with me is that I'm deep (quite literally lol) into Subnautica. I almost stopped playing it last week as i was finding it a bit mundane. But played on the next day and found a new area which resparked my interest. I've not progressed the story at all, but these types of games are not all about that. Instead I've been really getting into the mechanics of the game, especially the exploring and crafting which kind of compliment each other.

So I've managed to build a little one man submarine which speeds up traversal greatly. There were areas which I hadn't been back to as I couldn't be bothered to go back. Now with the sub I'm going back to those areas and doing a bit more exploring. I've also built an underwater base, which allows me to upgrade my sub, have more storage amongst other things which I have not fully played around with yet. I've never been that keen on base building in games and I hated it in Fallout 4. But I have enjoyed it in Subnautica so far. It is not without a few problems however as I spent about 30 mins trying to build something only to find out I didn't have enough of a material. To be fair it does tell you how much you need of the materials, but I think it could have been clearer as it still allowed be to start building but not let me finish it. Anyway, there have been quite a few instances like this, but I suppose it is purposely obtuse being a survival game. It feels like I've learnt loads in the game over the last few days, and had great feeling of accomplishment when I crafted my sub and built my base up.

@RogerRoger Tagged in as you showed some interest in the game earlier.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks! For some reason I stopped tagging you in the Detroit topic, by the way, apologies for that. No idea how that happened!

Here's hoping your time with Batman: Arkham Knight improves. I'd definitely agree that the game takes a little while to build momentum. There'll be a moment, perhaps in your next play session with it, where things truly kick off and start to develop; with any luck, that'll draw you in a little more. And whilst the Batmobile is definitely "love it or hate it" and therefore nothing anybody can say will change your mind about it, at least the handling should improve slightly the more you play... heck, I loved it, and I still ended up having to restart from several checkpoints because I'd wrapped it around a lamppost or flipped it into the river. Props for reading the comic! I've got them on my shelf but have never dipped in. I really should.

As for your experience with Subnautica, I've done that so many times with big games; felt that I was running out of patience with it, only to push myself to do the next quest / explore the next area and suddenly bam! I'm hooked again. Glad to hear it still has hold of you!

Thanks for your honest thoughts. You're right, stuff like "base building" would've turned me off, so I'm specifically glad to hear that sticking with it is worthwhile. The crafting menus in No Man's Sky were a bit of a pain for me; I simply didn't enjoy myself when I spent more time in them than I did flying my cargo shuttle from planet to planet. I'd likely play each part of the game (crafting, exploring, etc.) in chunks, getting as far as I can before being forced to spend a couple hours upgrading and building the tools I need to advance. Is that how you've played?

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger No worries about not tagging me in the Detroit thread, you and TheSolution had all the bases covered and I would have chimed in if felt I could add anything to the discussion.

Good to hear about Batman AK, I see how I feel about what I want to play next when I'm finished with Subnautica.

Crafting feels a bit more streamlined than in NMS. You can basically collect most resources by hand, there are only one or two items that you have to chip away at and it does not feel as laberous as in NMS. You then go back to base and 3D print your stuff.
Building once you have the tool, you just select what you wanna build and where, and your are good to go. There are restrictions like you can only build certain buildings on a flat surface, but there is also foundations which you can build which solves that issue.
The gameplay loop which works for me is to go exploring/scavenging and then back to base and craft whatever I can. Sometimes I go just scavenging for a particular resource such food or a particular material I need for a building. But most of the time I'm combining exploring/scavenging and I have a mental checklist of what I need to look out for.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yes, I'd imagine that smashing thugs' faces over your armour-clad knees will be quite a tonal shift when you're done with Subnautica. Given how hot it's gonna be this week, I don't blame you for sticking with the chill game!

It certainly sounds like an experience with a better balance than No Man's Sky. Once I've made a bigger dent in my backlog, I'll look at picking it up. Cheers for your thoughts!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yeah that was another reason why I've kept playing Subnautica, especially with how hot it has been this week!

PunkRx_Lockly

Right now I'm playing Tomb Raider and Yakuza Kiwami 2. Surprise, lol.

Don't try to copy other people; it just takes away from your own creative power and unique self. Amp your own style and play the way YOU want to. That's what makes gaming a personally rewarding experience — self-expression.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic