Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,701 to 4,712 of 4,712

colonelkilgore

@The_Moose @sorteddan cheers guys, it was an anxiety-inducing list this last one for sure… but as I mentioned in another thread, a real hidden gem of an action open world game and would’ve been well worth the playtime with or without the platinum.

@The_Moose in fairness, you’re quite right there I haven’t slowed down at all from 2022… yet. The main reason I’m gonna be backing off a little bit is to spend more time with the missus, as she has taken a job that is less demanding of her time… but she’s still been hammering away in her old job this past month, so while the cats away… 😉

@sorteddan 🤣 I’ve never been described as perfectly normal in my life… I’m insulted 😉

Two rules of cool club

2. Make From Soft games last

Lavalera

Congratulations to all for obtaining all these shinies

Been a while since i got a Plat. Think my last one was around September. Main reason is it started to feel like a job obtaining the plats and it was taking away some of the fun i had in games. So i decided to take a step back and only do plats for games i really enjoy and not look at games anymore as if i have to get the plat.

I finally got one again, since i enjoyed (and still do) this game so much. My #13 is Marvels Midnight Suns. Really a game that surprised me in every way. Never thought i loved it as much as i did. The open world/social sim part is normally my type of game and because of that I took the risk with the game that i would love the battle part as well. And that battle part is just so great. By far the best part of the game. The platinum is pretty easy and except for one trophy doesn't really involve grinding. Your character can either go through the dark or light path (through dialogue and playing abilities) and it takes a while to get either to max and you need both for the platinum. I had to do a 2nd playthough on NG+ to get the platinum. I skipped the cutscenes and dialogue options and still had fun with the battles. So the grind didn't feel that bad.

PSNid: Lavalera

colonelkilgore

@Lavalera congrats on the Midnight Suns platinum, it’s a game that I’m keeping an eye out for on a sale. Like you were when you were going into it, im a bit unsure about the card-based combat but also intrigued by it. How long go you think that platinum took btw?

Two rules of cool club

oliverp

@colonelkilgore Huge congrats to the Mad Max latest Platinum trophy. It always feels so inspiring to read about yours and others achievements.. I btw hoped that you enjoyed the game. Very cool that you actually picked up the game after some years of not playing the game. Was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

Lavalera

@colonelkilgore Thanks m8 I think it took me somewhere between 85-90 hours. But I am always slow with games and i did a lot of the side missions. I think if you stick mostly to the story and skip all dialogue and such in the second playthrough it can be done in like 60ish hours or less. So it's definitely a long one

Edited on by Lavalera

colonelkilgore

@oliverp I did mate thank you, I’m generally a fan of open-world games and Mad Max was a good one for sure.

@Lavalera okay good to know, if I happen across it at around £20.00 I might even substitute it in to be played this year sometime.

Two rules of cool club

The_Moose

@colonelkilgore "I’m gonna be backing off a little bit is to spend more time with the missus, as she has taken a job that is less demanding of her time"

Sorry to hear that mate. I'll shed a tear for your PS as it gathers dust 😜

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

sorteddan

@Lavalera
Totally understandable, you should only go for trophies if you enjoy it. It can become a bit of an addictive habit but I honestly feel that going for platinum can make you appreciate some games more as you have to experience parts you otherwise wouldnt.

That being said I don't go for plat on every game I play, I do try to complete them all but only push myself to the shiny if it's something not massively grindy that won't annoy or frustrate me.

Congrats on your latest, like I've said elsewhere I appreciated reading your positive thoughts on it and will hopefully eventually get around to it myself.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Lavalera

@sorteddan Thanks m8
And yeah i agree, that if you really like a game getting the platinum can be a bonus to the game, to enjoy some more of it. When you finish the story and still want to see more of it, getting trophies is a great way to of doing it
I've only been playing on Playstation for a year now and was trying to find the best way to approach it. And somehow at a certain point i started to pick games for easy platinums and not games i want to play and look at trophy lists later. Then I realized i wasn't having as much fun as i should have and thought about the best way to approach it. Now i am finishing a game. If i enjoyed that game I will look at the trophy list. If it has no multiplayer or difficulty options or doesn't look like a grindfest I will get some more trophies until I have no more fun. And if i manage to get the Platinum at the end? Cool then i see it as a huge bonus.

render

@colonelkilgore You are officially a mad (Max) man. I can just about plan what I’m going to be playing today let along start planning for something several years ago. Kudos to you for getting all your ducks in a row and nailing that platinum.

@Lavalera Nice work on the Midnight Suns platinum. Sounds like it was a good bonus to the game for you.

render

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger @render thanks guys.

@render in fairness I didn’t really know when I’d be returning to finish off the Mad Max plat, just that I got it to a place where the option was still there really. Think I just added that “ooh sometime in early 2023” as a nod towards when I cruelly got around to it tbh. In fact I’m pretty sure I included it in my games to be played in 2021, not long after joining Push Square. Perfect example of best laid plans etc. I suppose.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

Two rules of cool club

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic