Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,701 to 4,720 of 5,748

colonelkilgore

@oliverp I did mate thank you, I’m generally a fan of open-world games and Mad Max was a good one for sure.

@Lavalera okay good to know, if I happen across it at around £20.00 I might even substitute it in to be played this year sometime.

**** DLC!

The_Moose

@colonelkilgore "I’m gonna be backing off a little bit is to spend more time with the missus, as she has taken a job that is less demanding of her time"

Sorry to hear that mate. I'll shed a tear for your PS as it gathers dust 😜

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

sorteddan

@Lavalera
Totally understandable, you should only go for trophies if you enjoy it. It can become a bit of an addictive habit but I honestly feel that going for platinum can make you appreciate some games more as you have to experience parts you otherwise wouldnt.

That being said I don't go for plat on every game I play, I do try to complete them all but only push myself to the shiny if it's something not massively grindy that won't annoy or frustrate me.

Congrats on your latest, like I've said elsewhere I appreciated reading your positive thoughts on it and will hopefully eventually get around to it myself.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Lavalera

@sorteddan Thanks m8
And yeah i agree, that if you really like a game getting the platinum can be a bonus to the game, to enjoy some more of it. When you finish the story and still want to see more of it, getting trophies is a great way to of doing it
I've only been playing on Playstation for a year now and was trying to find the best way to approach it. And somehow at a certain point i started to pick games for easy platinums and not games i want to play and look at trophy lists later. Then I realized i wasn't having as much fun as i should have and thought about the best way to approach it. Now i am finishing a game. If i enjoyed that game I will look at the trophy list. If it has no multiplayer or difficulty options or doesn't look like a grindfest I will get some more trophies until I have no more fun. And if i manage to get the Platinum at the end? Cool then i see it as a huge bonus.

PSNid: Lavalera

render

@colonelkilgore You are officially a mad (Max) man. I can just about plan what I’m going to be playing today let along start planning for something several years ago. Kudos to you for getting all your ducks in a row and nailing that platinum.

@Lavalera Nice work on the Midnight Suns platinum. Sounds like it was a good bonus to the game for you.

render

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger @render thanks guys.

@render in fairness I didn’t really know when I’d be returning to finish off the Mad Max plat, just that I got it to a place where the option was still there really. Think I just added that “ooh sometime in early 2023” as a nod towards when I actually got around to it tbh. In fact I’m pretty sure I included it in my games to be played in 2021, not long after joining Push Square. Perfect example of best laid plans etc. I suppose.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

ScarletSpidey

Congrats @colonelkilgore and @Lavalera!

I got the plat for Return to Monkey Island today. Already completed it on Hard on the Switch, so it was relatively easy to complete it again and do a speedrun. I just adore these games, hence the double-dipping. It wasn't my favourite of the series, the puzzles have been dumbed down somewhat (some puzzles had exactly the same solutions as others you'd already done?!), but overall it was so much fun to be back in that world.

ScarletSpidey

colonelkilgore

@ScarletSpidey thanks and congrats buddy, I’ve actually never played a Monkey Island game believe it or not… I have added this one to my wishlist though. So that might be about to change when it hits a sale 😉

**** DLC!

LN78

A few minutes ago I got an email from Sony congratulating me on getting the "Self Help" trophy in "The Last of Us Part I". Is this something Sony just does now or is it part of the promotional campaign for the HBO show?

Edited on by LN78

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 trophy promo imho… I get it like, once you pop you can’t stop etc.

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore Fair enough. I've probably mentioned that I have trophy notifications off on my console so I have no idea what I did to get it. Very mysterious.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 so might sound like a silly question but… have you ‘actually’ popped that trophy recently… and if so, when in relation to the email was it popped?

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore I'm playing the game on and off, but I don't get trophy notifications so I don't know!

LN78

render

@ScarletSpidey Congrats on that Monkey Island plat. That is a game I need to play. I played all the previous entries in the series back when I had a PC but it's been a long while. I remember some of the really obtuse puzzles in the early few games, hopefully this doesn't deviate too much from that?

render

RogerRoger

@ScarletSpidey Great work on Monkey Island, Spidey! Always nice when you can earn a platinum from a series which means so much to you, even if the game itself is an imperfect entry.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

#56 Cult of the Lamb

Untitled

A fun game with a nice trophy list but the four for beating the bosses without taking a hit were a bit of a challenge and had that Souls-like adrenaline rush beating the final one to get the PlatPing.

You can unlock an item which increases your attack strength every time you kill an enemy but it resets when you get hit so it makes it way easier to beat the boss but is immensely frustrating when you lose a 400% attack upgrade carelessly.

I finally got to 200% with a great curse attack ability and with a good selection of boosters to finally nail the last boss/trophy.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

sorteddan

@ScarletSpidey
Well done on your latest. I have tried a few times to get into point and click style games but I inevitably get frustrated and resort to a guide, I just have to accept its not a genre for me. So I am impressed with anyone who has the patience and intelligence to enjoy such things.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

@Thrillho
Great stuff. Definitely a game I hope to purchases and play sometime this year. Glad you got over the hump and got the adrenaline flowing. How long did it take you?

colonelkilgore

Congrats @Thrillho, ive been keeping my eye on this for a decent sale price. Looks awesome, glad you enjoyed.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic