Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,681 to 4,700 of 5,748

Lavalera

@Bentleyma Can you explain in what ways it is like a Yakuza game? I was never a fan of the Anime, but Yakuza/Like a Dragon is by far my favorite game series. I never picked up the DBZ game because of not liking the anime, but if it is like the Like a Dragon games....

PSNid: Lavalera

Bentleyma

@Lavalera The gameplay loop is basically exactly like a Yakuza game. You can follow the main story, but you also have substories. Plus you also get into random fights while going about your business. Like Yakuza Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is mostly based around fighting, so everything you do ends up in a fight. It’s kind of hard to explain what makes it like a Yakuza game because if you describe a Yakuza game it sounds like a regular RPG.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Lavalera

@Bentleyma Alright thanks m8. It sounds pretty interesting and like something i would enjoy. I'll give it a go when my schedule allows it. To much to play already haha

sorteddan

@Thrillho @Bentleyma @RogerRoger @Cornaboyzzz @Fight_Teza_Fight
Excellent Effort and a Hearty Hurrah to all my Push Square Platinum Popping Peeps.

#152 Headlander (PS4)
Enjoyable if simple metroidvania with a lovely 70s Sci-Fi TV show feel about it. Genuinely quite amusing in places too. Probably around the 10 hour mark in total. Puts me in three for the month (year) so keeping up my averages.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@Fight_Teza_Fight @sorteddan even more plats… well done guys. I haven’t heard of Teza’s game but I did manage to pick Headlander up in a sale last year having seen the trailer and being impressed. Good to hear the game held up.

**** DLC!

ScarletSpidey

Just got the plat for Kao The Kangaroo. Feel a bit dirty about this one... I always knew it would be easy, I bought the game to play with my child, but my copy had a glitch where it made it impossible for any enemy to hurt me. It meant any trophy with even the tiniest challenge was easy. Still, we had fun.

ScarletSpidey

The_Moose

@ScarletSpidey Best glitch ever

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

colonelkilgore

@The_Moose yeah I could do with that glitch when I finally get around to attempting the plats on Shadow Warrior, Wolfenstein 2, The Evil Within amd The Evil Within 2 😅

**** DLC!

The_Moose

@colonelkilgore Even with the glitch I'd still be slower than speedrunners lol.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

colonelkilgore

Platinum #123 - Mad Max - this one was a biggie for me personally, as… well, it was a major step towards what has since become my platinum-coated obsession.

I remember going to bed one Sunday night a couple of years ago (October 2020-ish) and while I was scanning YouTube, I saw a thumbnail about the Mad Max Platinum becoming unobtainable within the week. I’d played around an hour and popped a couple of bronzes back in 2017… and the thought of me never being able to finish off it’s list gave me chills. I was researching how to achieve the online requirements immediately and once I was clear that I had ‘just’ enough time to do it in (a week… and the collectible collated while you weren’t actually logged into the game but once you’d achieved a certain few things within the game) I was up and out of bed.

I pulled late nights, early mornings and trekked home on lunch to get to a place where the collectibles started to accrue while I was logged off… and then I hoped I had it all done in time. I logged on about 5 minutes before the servers shut down and I had just enough scrap accrued 😅.

Then I just had to worry about a notoriously glitchy issue with one of the locations not registering as completely looted… but that could wait until… ooh early 2023. I could deal with that then. 😎

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

The_Moose

@colonelkilgore Amazing work again Colonel. Is this you at "half speed", I haven't got one platinum this year so far haha.

sorteddan

great stuff @colonelkilgore
Not sure what you mean by obsession. The behaviour you described all sounds perfectly normal to me. Keep it up pal.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@The_Moose @sorteddan cheers guys, it was an anxiety-inducing list this last one for sure… but as I mentioned in another thread, a real hidden gem of an action open world game and would’ve been well worth the playtime with or without the platinum.

@The_Moose in fairness, you’re quite right there I haven’t slowed down at all from 2022… yet. The main reason I’m gonna be backing off a little bit is to spend more time with the missus, as she has taken a job that is less demanding of her time… but she’s still been hammering away in her old job this past month, so while the cats away… 😉

@sorteddan 🤣 I’ve never been described as perfectly normal in my life… I’m insulted 😉

**** DLC!

Lavalera

Congratulations to all for obtaining all these shinies

Been a while since i got a Plat. Think my last one was around September. Main reason is it started to feel like a job obtaining the plats and it was taking away some of the fun i had in games. So i decided to take a step back and only do plats for games i really enjoy and not look at games anymore as if i have to get the plat.

I finally got one again, since i enjoyed (and still do) this game so much. My #13 is Marvels Midnight Suns. Really a game that surprised me in every way. Never thought i loved it as much as i did. The open world/social sim part is normally my type of game and because of that I took the risk with the game that i would love the battle part as well. And that battle part is just so great. By far the best part of the game. The platinum is pretty easy and except for one trophy doesn't really involve grinding. Your character can either go through the dark or light path (through dialogue and playing abilities) and it takes a while to get either to max and you need both for the platinum. I had to do a 2nd playthough on NG+ to get the platinum. I skipped the cutscenes and dialogue options and still had fun with the battles. So the grind didn't feel that bad.

colonelkilgore

@Lavalera congrats on the Midnight Suns platinum, it’s a game that I’m keeping an eye out for on a sale. Like you were when you were going into it, im a bit unsure about the card-based combat but also intrigued by it. How long go you think that platinum took btw?

**** DLC!

oliverp

@colonelkilgore Huge congrats to the Mad Max latest Platinum trophy. It always feels so inspiring to read about yours and others achievements.. I btw hoped that you enjoyed the game. Very cool that you actually picked up the game after some years of not playing the game. Was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

Lavalera

@colonelkilgore Thanks m8 I think it took me somewhere between 85-90 hours. But I am always slow with games and i did a lot of the side missions. I think if you stick mostly to the story and skip all dialogue and such in the second playthrough it can be done in like 60ish hours or less. So it's definitely a long one

Edited on by Lavalera

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic