Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 4,721 to 4,740 of 5,748

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Thrillho Congrats! Definitely a game I’d like to check out at some point.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Thrillho

@sorteddan I think about 22hrs but I did faff a bit and it might be slightly bloated by long pauses while placating the baby!

Thanks to @colonelkilgore and @Fight_Teza_Fight too. I’ll put some thoughts together in the “recently beat” thread at some point. It’s definitely worth a play though!

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

MaulTsir

God of War:Ragnarok.

Everything to say about the game has already been said. 47hrs and 27mins was my official save time and honestly I didn't feel at any point like I was ready to be finished with the game.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

#38 - The Pathless

I’ve probably said enough about the game itself. It’s very good and I enjoyed it.

The platinum run wasn’t too bad, although getting “The Pathfinder’s Tale” was a little annoying because I missed a lore item and had to repeat the search areas of all 4 plateaus until I finally triggered it. “Skill Shot Master” was also a mild pain, but eventually I got lucky. It reminded me of trying to hit 10 free-throws in a row and how when you get to 9 you tense up and overthink it and miss the last one and have to start over. 😅

My first platinum since Guardians of the Galaxy back on August.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BearsEatBeets

Finally got myself a platinum in the Resident Evil franchise by getting it for RE3 Remake. I went for the Inferno S rank run on PS4 so if I got it I could import the save to the PS5 version and not have to do it again. Everything else I did I pretty much did on both versions so I've doubled it up.

Got quite a few since my last post after getting GoWR,

Donut County, Rage 2, Gris, Mutant Year Zero (was not expecting to get this but might go into this game on another thread), Bomber Crew, Until Dawn, Golf with Friends and both the RE3.

Most of these came from my attempt to clear my PS4 backlog before getting anything new.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Gremio108

I got the platinum for Omno last night. I have to say, this is probably one of my favourite games I've played in recent years. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a relatively relaxing, short experience to lose themselves in. It's like Journey, but more fun (don't tell Sammy I said that).

I'm somehow on three platinums this year already, with the Sonic Origins platinum late on New Year's Day and the Sniper Elite platinum popping the other day in the middle of a session. If The Pedestrian had a platinum I'd be on four. Yet I somehow don't feel like I've been gaming as much recently. I guess I have.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

colonelkilgore

Platinum #124 - Lara Croft GO - decent little puzzle game and much the same as Hitman GO which I played last year… though I probably did enjoy the latter a wee bit more iirc. A bit miffed that we never got Deus Ex GO on PlayStation as I’d have picked it up for sure.

**** DLC!

Voltan

I'm getting near to the Crisis Core Reunion platinum but let me tell you this is not a good trophy list...

Voltan

Voltan

@RogerRoger I got the RNG-driven trophy last night, so almost there
I'll still have to speedrun 70% of NG+ for a few trophies I missed on my original playthrough but that shouldn't take more than a few hours.

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan Urgh, trophies tied to an RNG can do one. Unfortunately, I know your pain all too well, as there was a similar offender in the list for Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Well done for persevering!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@Gremio108 Omno was a truly beautiful and relaxing game, I couldn’t agree more. Glad I wasn’t the only one who enjoyed it!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Voltan

Finally - Platinum #44: Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7: Reunion
I do not recommend attempting this platinum without consulting a guide before the 1st playthrough.
And even with that it's still a bit of a pain, I'm not gonna lie.
At least it doesn't require beatin the optional superboss on hard difficulty, because that's a fight that would probably take hours (and it's pretty easy to fail and have to start over too). Normal is bad enough.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

colonelkilgore

Made a start on the last trophy I have left to get for Doom Eternal - completing extra life mode with over 13 lives. Was a bit apprehensive about it as I really struggled during my first playthrough but it’s been pretty plane-sailing so far. In fairness I’ve taken the difficulty down for this last playthrough but as of mission 9 I have 38 extra lives and haven’t died yet. Wouldn’t say that it’s in the bag like… but the bag is open and the platinum is teasing the rim as it were 😎

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore 50+ hours, mostly spent on the optional missions which get pretty difficult (and there's a ton of them), and with several hours of the game just running on autopilot hoping to get the RNG one.
You can save a few hours if you don't miss anything, so you don't need a second playthrough. I needed to go all the way from beginning to chapter 9 of 10. Luckily if you skip all the cutscenes and dialogue and one-touch most enemies on NG+, it really doesn't take long.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic