Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 5,749

Voltan

@BearsEatBeets @Sorteddan Guardians does have chapter select and I think you can get the outfits using that?
However, there's at least one trophy that does require replaying a large part of the game if you do the wrong thing at one point in the game, so that sucks too

Voltan

BearsEatBeets

@Sorteddan Definitely.
@Voltan Unfortunately not, using chapter select doesn't update getting missed collectibles or outfits. It only seems to be any use for getting any combat related trophies.
At least some of the decisions do play out quite different at times so I got to do some different stuff in the second playthrough. Although it was tough not chatting much to my crew (for time saving purposes) as the dialogue and acting are definitely some of the game's greatest qualities.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Cornaboyzzz

#322 Star Wars Jedi : Fallen Order - Darksiders meets Uncharted with a little bit of Sekiro in the Star Wars universe ? That's a pretty solid proposition, and the game delivers. It's never incredible but always really good, with no real weaknesses apart from the graphics sometimes. The PS5 version is very lazy on this point, with no significant improvement.

The platinum was the kind of platinum I like, a single playthrough, find everything, unlock everything, a few combat trophies and that's it, perfect list. A great game overall.

Edited on by Cornaboyzzz

Cornaboyzzz

RogerRoger

Blimey, this page is practically platinum-plated! Congratulations to @ScarletSpidey @redd214 @BearsEatBeets and @Cornaboyzzz for those latest trophies! Nice work, folks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

There we go, AC Valhalla’s plat is mine! My third of the year so far which isn’t bad actually. Unfortunately Ubisoft seem to have broken their game with the latest update and therefore I can’t actually finish the final quest in the game. Guess I’ll just start the DLC until they fix it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

@BearsEatBeets Nice work 👍. I had the same problem with GotG and ended up having to do most of another play through to get the collectibles. I can understand why it works that way from a narrative point of view but it was damn annoying.

@nessisonett Aways weird when you wrap up a platinum and the final mission isn’t part of it 😆

Nice work @Cornaboyzzz @redd214 and anyone else popping a platinum too.

render

jdv95

@nessisonett congrats!
valhalla is the only one of the 3 RPG ac games i don't have the platinum for.

reason being that when i switched to ps5 in the middle of my playtrough,some story trophies did not transfer and there was no way to replay select arcs. the transfer issue was later fixed and they popped but by then i lost interest in platinuming the game.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore I think my play time is about 88 hours, the last little grind was the only annoying part and oh boy, was it annoying 😂

RogerRoger

@nessisonett ...wait, you can platinum Valhalla without finishing its final quest?! Not to undercut your notable achievement, but that seems kinda wrong to me! Congratulations all the same!

Platinum #61: Jak X: Combat Racing

A nice, easy list which all came naturally to me... for the most part. I admit to cheekily uploading, downloading and overwriting a few saves in order to sidestep yet another needlessly laborious grind. I'm sorry, but spending hours racing over and over again, just to unlock a few bonus helmets that I'm never gonna wear anyway? Yeah, shut up and give me my platinum!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett nice… looking at that playtime in isolation, that’s really not bad at all considering the things I’d heard about it’s bloat etc. I’m fairly sure that my Odyssey playtime was around the same (if I don’t count the dlc).

@RogerRoger congrats buddy… nowt wrong with a little save-scumming here and there 😉

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Technically it’s a postgame quest but it’s supposed to tie up the last few plot threads as it’s just a wedding between people in your settlement. Except when I start the quest, the cutscenes don’t fire and every single person in the settlement just wanders about a never-ending wedding 😂

Snatcher

Ah, I love 100% things, But I actually, for some odd reason, forgot you can get plats.

I don't think I ever try'd getting all the trophy's in a game.
I think PVZ2 GW is the only game I did that with, wasn't trying to tho, only did it because I played it so much LMAO.

So are getting trophy's any different from 100% or? (Its not like i'm a playstation novice, its just that playstation is the only one to kinda do the trophy thing, other then Xbox's achievement, but I just got an S.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

colonelkilgore

@Snatcher yes, a Platinum just signifies that you got all of the achievements (or in this case trophies) available in the base game.

**** DLC!

Snatcher

@colonelkilgore I might just start collecting trophy's LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

colonelkilgore

@Snatcher yeah, careful though it can become an obsession… take it from someone who knows 😅

**** DLC!

Snatcher

@colonelkilgore Thanks for the heads up, I will try not to disappoint you.

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore @Keith_Zissou My thanks, folks!

@nessisonett Urgh, sounds like... well, like every wedding I've ever been dragged to, really! I've heard that stuff like that happens to Assassin's Creed games quite frequently, and that completely unrelated expansions and content can break random bits of the core experience. Here's hoping it gets fixed soon!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic