Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 5,748

render

Bagged the platinum for Deathā€™s Door. Iā€™d actually only got a few more things to do but one of them was a bit random and itā€™s doubtful I would have worked it out without resorting to a guide.

Great little indie title though, Iā€™d highly recommend if you want a shorter but challenging experience.

render

colonelkilgore

@render congrats bud, also if you enjoyed it as much as it soundsā€¦ you can always plat the PS4 version if you ever fancy returning to it.

**** DLC!

ScarletSpidey

@render Congrats! Did you do it in one run or two? I've got the physical edition preordered and can't decide what I want to do.

ScarletSpidey

render

@Keith_Zissou @colonelkilgore @ScarletSpidey Cheers guys. That's a fine recommendation regarding the PS4 version colonel, I might save that for later in the year in case I need something to fill some time between big releases šŸ‘

It was a single play through as I remembered someone mentioning there was one trophy that relied on you using a certain melee weapon for the entire time. There were 3 other missable trophies, 2 of which I ended up doing organically as they were linked to boss fights but it's definitely worth checking the guide first. I wouldn't have minded doing a second play through as it was such a good game but did want to get it done before HFW on Friday šŸ˜

render

colonelkilgore

@render yeah Iā€™m yet to play Deaths Door but sometimes you just ā€˜knowā€™ that youā€™re going to connect with a gameā€¦ and I feel like that about Deaths Door. So the moment I saw that I got the PS4 and PS5 versions for the price of one, I was thinkingā€¦ nice, Iā€™ll plat this twice!

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@render Congratulations on earning the Death's Door platinum! Nicely done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

render

@RogerRoger Cheers šŸ». Always good to see another one through šŸ‘

render

render

Just got around to tidying up the last few trophies I needed for R&C Rift Apart. Was fun while it lasted and my son still loves playing it but it was bugging me that I was just two trophies away. Now it will bug me no longer.

render

RogerRoger

@render You raised that glass a bit prematurely back there! Since I doubt you'll be able to earn a third platinum in the next seventeen minutes, here's to you! [raises mug of cocoa]

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

Death's Door is super cool but I'm at like 33% completion and I'm not sure if I got a single trophy yet

Voltan

render

@Voltan Thereā€™s not really any story related trophies so it does feel like itā€™s being quite frugal. Quite a few are for upgrading things and finding collectibles so they come as a bunch much later on. You might even feel like a second play through if you get hooked so that platinum might be on yet šŸ˜‰

render

render

@Keith_Zissou It certainly does. I quite like playing something through without thinking about the platinum too much and then just seeing what I've got left at the end. If I've really enjoyed the game then I know I'll be back to do another play through at some point. I've got TLoU2 outstanding as well as I've not got all the collectibles. It's a trivial one that I can just roll through on easy and enjoy the story again so I'll do that later in the year I think when all the excitement has died down šŸ˜€

render

Th3solution

Any of you guys who got the platinum for Dirt 5 have any advice on the ā€œStuntmastaā€ trophy? Itā€™s the one for scoring 30,000 points in a Gymkhana event. Iā€™ve read articles and watched YouTube videos and I canā€™t seem to break about 12,000. Itā€™s really hard for me for some reason! I canā€™t control the stupid cars and I just spin out of control. Iā€™ve tried putting on the tricksteering setting and I donā€™t think it helped. May have made it worse. I tried turning off the haptics and adaptive triggers and it hasnā€™t helped either. (And the game feels really bland without them).

I understand the concept of building a multiplier but it seems you have to at least get to x3 multiplier to have a chance and I canā€™t get that high.

How did you all do it? šŸ˜“

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic