Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 5,281 to 5,300 of 5,748

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
It's better than Stilstand imho
👍

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BeerIsAwesome

Platinum #98: Grid Legends. Should probably be called Grind Legends.

BeerIsAwesome

CaptD

@BeerIsAwesome Congrats, I was surprised how much I enjoyed Grid Legends.
As for the grind it has been worse as @sorteddan will testify, I think EA were trying to sell you that 79p dlc which cuts the grind...Glad you didn't give in as it only encourages them.

CaptD

BeerIsAwesome

@CaptD Thanks muchly. According to my PS5's play time, I've put precisely 100 hours into it. Though certain parts of that were trying to get through certain sponsor objectives without realizing I could've just done it via the career. I definitely enjoyed it regardless of the grind. It somehow just didn't feel as repetitive as it could've.

BeerIsAwesome

CaptD

@BeerIsAwesome Wow my playtime was substantially less than that, around 40-50 I think but I was aware of certain gotchas before I started, mainly driving Ferrari whenever possible. However I did grind on the oval circuit quite a bit for a few cars plus I would often change my car when I reached whatever grind limit I required. Plus I think there are races in the lower classes that you don't need to complete, I avoided a few disciplines that I didn't enjoy.

As a footnote, I remember seeing a thread on psnprofiles where people were discussing their playtimes and there was quite the disparity.

CaptD

BeerIsAwesome

@CaptD I completed every event on every tier, so it explains why mine was twice yours. But that was because I wanted to do them. Maybe not get the mileage tiers on every car, but at least play with as much of it as possible.

My playtime in games is weird. I can play games thinking I've played them for hours on end, and then when I get to completion, it's only like 20 hours. Arcade Paradise is a perfect example of that. At the opposite side of the spectrum is 2 MMOs (DC Universe Online and Star Trek Online) and Genshin Impact, all of which I have over 200 hours in. Genshin I have close to 500 hours in.

BeerIsAwesome

sorteddan

@BeerIsAwesome
Congratulations on #98
That hundredth almost in sight, depends on what games you've got coming up.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it and is definitely one I hope to get around to in the next couple of months.
Hopefully will take me considerably less time than you though!

@CaptD
Testify brother! I'm going all out head down grind mode for the next few days as I've had enough! Already done 500 miles today and hope to reach 20,000 miles shortly. Want it done within the week.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BearsEatBeets

Nice one @BeerIsAwesome. Planning anything special for the 100th?

I was pondering giving Grid:Legends a go sometime soon but if there is a lot of grind I might skip it.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BeerIsAwesome

@sorteddan Thank you. 😊 I actually had a plan at 96 platinums for Uncharted 4 to be the big one, since Uncharted was my first trophy back on the PS3 on an old profile. But then I accidentally got 97, so that plan changed. I could probably list all my platinums, but I must warn everybody that at least 4 of them involve a jar of mayonnaise. 😅

Grid Legends is fun, simple as that. I'm a completionist, and most of what I did is irrelevant. I completed all the sponsor objectives, for example, but only about 5 of them are attached to trophies.

BeerIsAwesome

BeerIsAwesome

@BearsEatBeets Sorry, didn't see this when I replied. And thanks. After the Uncharted plan fell through from getting too many platinums 😅, I decided to go all the way back to the beginning and go for the franchise based on the first videogame I ever owned, which was Sonic 3 on the Mega Drive. It's no secret around these parts that I've been doing a marathon of the franchise, so it's going to culminate in the Sonic Frontiers platinum. I'm way too sentimental a gamer.

Edited on by BeerIsAwesome

BeerIsAwesome

colonelkilgore

@BeerIsAwesome congrats bud, always nice to finish off a grindy plat and look to pastures new. Good luck with what I hope will be a memorable big 100!

**** DLC!

BeerIsAwesome

Thank you all. I am quietly considering what the next plat shall be. I'm two trophies from the Genshin Impact plat, but I don't have the power to take on the highest levels of the Spiral Abyss just yet, which is where my last two trophies lie. Which means I need to do a few weeks worth of farming.

I also don't have plats in some easy to plat games, such as inFamous 1 and 2, Ghost Of Tsushima, Uncharted and it's sequels, but those will all take time to do. Hmm. 🤔

BeerIsAwesome

Voltan

Finaly, Platinum #46: Jedi Survivor

Today's patch fixed my progression blocker and I could finally take care of the remaining Bounty Hunters.
Now, idk if this is something that today's patch also introduced of if it's always been that way, but the game's performance when making my way to Jo The Cannibal through the Lucrehulk was absolutely abysmal. Actual slide show.

I liked this game a lot but between the long wait for a patch and the perofmance problems, I'm just glad to be done with it now.

Voltan

sorteddan

You know you are a trophy hunter when:

1) the thought of leaving a game one trophy short of achieving a platinum makes your brain itch
2) you are prepared to spend 100+ hours to get that last trophy

#167 Grid (PS4)
I finished the majority of the game months ago and think I probably enjoyed it. Every day since I've done up to an hour grinding to reach a stupidly high target (25,000 miles), it'll be strange to get up tomorrow and not have to do it!

@Voltan
Well done. Glad the patch fixed your blockage and you can now also move on.

Edited on by sorteddan

colonelkilgore

Congrats @Voltan, you’re recent exploits with this and Burning Shores definitely raises some concerns about playing games at release. Let’s hope Final Fantasy XVI doesn’t have any of these issues, as that is one game that I don’t think I’ll be able to wait for too long on.

And we’ll done @sorteddan, this one seems to have popped up a fair bit of late… and seems to be quite the grind.

**** DLC!

CaptD

@sorteddan Brillant, you've finally done it much to the annoyance of the Codemasters Dev team. I remember a friend mentioned this trophy a while back and I thought, I'm not playing that.
The 1000 mile grind in Dirt 5 was bad enough.
I bet you've never deleted a game as quick.

@Voltan Well done Padawan or does this mean that you are a Jedi master, or just a trophy master?

CaptD

CaptD

My latest plats...
Tchia - Didn't know what to expect from this but it is quite a delightful , chilled game. A bit of a collectathon if you want the plat but mostly everything is marked on the map once you unlock the "Ubisoft towers". 2.5/10 and only a couple of missable trophies, one for killing 3 enemies in one attack and one for 100% rhythm mini game. Time about 20 hours.

The Crew 2. This is a strange one as I downloaded it after the 60fps patch last year and couldn't finish in top 3 in ANY race, to progress you need a top 3 finish in order to get parts hence required to progress. I thought this is the hardest race game I've ever played and I just couldn't progress past the first race , like at all. Anyhoo I redownloaded it after the recent The Crew 3 reveal and didn't have any issue winning nearly every race first time so I'm not sure what the problem before was, I suspect something like the old Dark Souls 2 weapon wear n tear stat where it was based on a 30fps so weapons were wearing down twice as fast and I reckon the AI racers were being calculated twice as often.
I have no other explanation and as Dustin says "I'm a very good driver" so it wasn't me.
Anyways good game but very much a jack of all trades master of none but I did enjoy most of the disciplines especially the calming nature of the race boats. I was disappointed in the use of the open world and I wish at the end of each race it would give an option to set waypoint to next so in effect you would have a sort of rally experience (think Lombard / RAC ).
3/10. About 30 hours and a few coop trophies but nothing all bad.

CaptD

sorteddan

@CaptD
Haha you've got me sussed. Deleted within minutes of the plat popping!

Well done on your latest shinies. Maybe you just became a top racer by not practicing and ignoring it for a while?!

colonelkilgore

Nice one (or two 😉) @CaptD… yeah there’s always been something about Tchia that held my interest for some reason, will deffo have to give it a go at some point. And although I’m nowhere near a racing fan, that new Crew game does look interesting.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic