Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 5,729

CJD87

First Platinum of 2022.... Ghost of Tsushima (base game) - played on 'hard difficulty', but still felt quite gentle compared to previous conquests ha!

Platinum #3 - GoT

Now on to Iki Island, where the intention is to ramp up difficulty from Hard - - -> 'Lethal' (I may regret this

CJD87

Th3solution

@CJD87 Nice!

Let us know how you get along with the Iki Island expansion. It seems divisive as to how good it is.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@CJD87 Very nicely done, congratulations! Hope you enjoy your time on Iki Island. It's a beautiful bit of game, with plenty to keep you busy, and not all of it combat-based (so you'll get breaks)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@CJD87 congrats buddy, I get what you mean… sometimes ‘gentle’ can be nice though right… ‘sometimes’ 😉

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Platinum #75 - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - phew! If anyone else is even considering going for this, a word of advice… the trophy guides out there that have this down as a 3/10 for Platinum difficulty are way off. For the game ‘maybe’… for the Breach Mode, add a few extra!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

render

@CJD87 Well done!! GoT is just excellent and Iki is a great expansion so you've still got some more to enjoy.

@colonelkilgore Congrats on that one, it sounds like it's been pretty brutal. I've got the game from PS+ but sounds like I should maybe save it for a rainy... month? 😅

render

CJD87

@colonelkilgore Ha cheers man!
'Gentle' was definitely called for, ahead of Elden Ring launching... I'm already having nervous sweats regarding the potential trophy requirements!
Congrats on Deus Ex - and your 3/4 century platinum... 75 is some number hey

CJD87

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Nicely done on that Deus Ex platinum! Sounds like a tough one!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger yeah thanks rog, I wasn’t expecting it to be that challenging tbh… but let’s just say it completely earned every percentile of its 0.2% Ultra Rareness. ‘Twas intense!

**** DLC!

ScarletSpidey

Congrats on all the recent plats! You guys are rocking up some numbers.

I recently popped the plat for Guard Duty and Thimbleweed Park. I can't remember if I posted about Guard Duty on here already? Fun enough game but lost me a bit towards the end. Thimbleweed Park is just brilliant. I'd completed it on the Switch previously so it didn't take me long this time but I just love these types of games and the humour that comes with them.

I managed to get all the Gems in Crash 2 and I'm about 9 relics short of the plat. I keep picking it up every now and then so maybe I'll get it in a year or so ha! The first trophy I unlocked on it was from 2017.

Now I need to find another short game to go along with my big one, which is Death Stranding (loving it!).

ScarletSpidey

colonelkilgore

@ScarletSpidey nice dude, congrats. I hadn’t heard of Thimbleweed Park but I loved Day of the Tentacle when I played that recently, so I’ve just added it to the Wishlist off of your glowing appraisal.

Good luck finishing off Crash 2, you’re a brave man for even trying 😉

**** DLC!

redd214

Finally got the Tiny Tina plat! Spent over almost 10 hours farming for a random enemy spawn. Love the Borderlands games but man they have some God awful trophies at times. Happy to be done with it though right in time for Horizon!

redd214

ScarletSpidey

@colonelkilgore Hope you enjoy it! It's very meta.

Ha, I'll probably never get it but maybe one day. Congrats on the Dues Ex Plat!

ScarletSpidey

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore congrats on the plat! Presumably it was an enjoyable, albeit challenging, experience! You’re a machine.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

BearsEatBeets

I recently got around to finally finishing off the Mass Effect 3 platinum and just today knocked out the Guardians of the Galaxy one as well to put me on 79 platinums. I had a little bit of extra push to get them finished so I can (hopefully) make Horizon Forbidden West no 80.

Guardians had a few annoying ones like having to replay the game to get any missed outfits and unfortunately I missed one in chapter 14 of a 16 chapter game. Plus there are a few combat ones that are a little out of your control that you have to hope the random Gods help you out. I was getting annoyed with Gramora and Groot pulling arms off Inquisitors instead of Drax but he finally did it literally minutes before I got the last outfit.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer cheers buddy, the trophies attached to the game itself were fine… if highly missable if you weren’t paying attention. The trophies attached to Breach were a challenge though. I look back on Breach mode positively… but at the time it was intense.

@BearsEatBeets double revels to you dude, for your two sci fi plats.

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

@colonelkilgore Cheers. Yeah I finished off those 2 highly cinematic sci-fi games just in time to get stuck into another big one on Friday. Good thing I love the genre.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

sorteddan

@BearsEatBeets
Nice work on those two.
Games with missable collectables really should come with a chapter select!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic