Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 5,748

sorteddan

and Platty #105 for me with Bugsnax (PS5). Took me a while to click with this game but glad I stuck with it and even gladder to get it done and gone.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

render

@Voltan @jdv95 @Sorteddan @Keith_Zissou Well done all, that’s a good bunch of platinums.

@Keith_Zissou Nice to see you enjoyed ME as much as I did. I also chose not to go down the insanity route as I didn’t want it to ruin my experience of the game. Do you think you’ll go straight into 2 or have a break? I was going to start 2 yesterday but ended up putting my Death Stranding disc back in just to take a look at the directors cut and it’s got its claws into me again so I might as well get the last few trophies I need for the plat on that.

render

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan congrats mate, I know exactly what you mean about Bugsnax it was surprisingly decent (and quite funny)… but I couldn’t wait for it to be over, so I could move on to something else.

@Keith_Zissou congrats to you also, surprised by how quickly you got Mass Effect squared away, good work!

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@Keith_Zissou

...and to you too pal.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

Congratulations to everybody for those recent platinum trophies!

Got my own to share...

#59: The Amazing Spider-Man (PS Vita)
#60: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4)

A pair of simple lists, although both had their own unique grinds. TASM wanted me to collect seven hundred comic book pages scattered about the city, whilst TASM2 demanded a lot of repetitive crime-busting to max out the stats of Spidey's thirteen alternate suits. Both of these tasks outstayed their welcome by a couple of hours, but I otherwise enjoyed completing both lists, and most definitely scratched my recent Spidey itch in the process. Excelsior!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@RogerRoger
Seven HUNDRED!!!
...Amazing!

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan Yeah, those comic book pages really extracted the urine. It wasn't as rough as it could've been, as I scanned the trophy list before starting and so knew to lazily grab the most obvious ones whilst swinging between story missions. If I'd have completed the game and then looked at the list, I'm not sure I would've stuck with it. Thank goodness they mark the last hundred on the minimap for you!

TASM2 also had comic pages scattered about, but only three hundred this time, and you didn't need to collect the last twenty or so in order to platinum the game. Was still a bit much, though. I reckon there needs to be an unwritten rule shared between all developers about putting a cap on collectibles in open world sandbox games. A hundred is fine, two hundred is pushing it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Thank you!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Seven hundred??? I was planning on getting The Amazing Spider-Man on Vita just cause I thought it would be an alright game to play and hopefully platinum but no way I’m going after that many collectibles!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I'm quite surprised by how many folks had the stomach for the task, as the game's platinum has been earned by 6.8% of PSN-registered players (although, thinking about it, that might merely betray the fact that only die-hard webheads bothered getting the Vita version).

It's (obviously) doable. If you complete all of the other optional objectives during the story, and return to an otherwise clean map after the credits, then you're looking at three hours to tidy up, tops.

And, despite NYC's poor technical performance, the sandbox gameplay works great for handheld.

Making It So Since 1987

render

Just wrapped up the last few trophies I needed for the Death Stranding DC platinum. When I first started it up again I felt a bit lost even though I’d put in over a hundred hours on the PS4 version. It didn’t take too long to get up to speed again and reminded me why I spent so long in this world before as it’s just stunning to look at, and has some really chilled gameplay.

render

LtSarge

@RogerRoger Wow, you've been playing a lot of Spider-Man lately! Congrats to the Platinum trophies! I've actually been interested in checking out the first Amazing Spider-Man on PS3 since it's apparently a fairly solid Spidey game all things considered. Definitely won't go for the Platinum if you have to collect 700 things, but I think it'd be a fun superhero game to play in between all the other titles I've been playing.

Platinum #40: Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom (PS3)

Wasn't planning on going for this game's Platinum as it's a very mediocre game but I realised halfway through that I've been pretty much collecting everything anyway that I might as well go the extra mile and nab the Platinum. It's my first time experiencing this now forgotten PlayStation IP as the mainline games on PSP and Vita didn't appeal to me due to the AR gameplay. The Lost Kingdom on the other hand is a 3D platformer/beat 'em up game and while it was mediocre, I'm at least glad I got to experience this franchise.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

render

@velio84 A big well done for that one. I know how much trouble those last ciphers caused you so you certainly had to work for it. I heartily agree that it would have been much better if they’d not been random. Hopefully with their next game they will be a bit kinder to us 😀

@RogerRoger Forgot to also congratulate you for your latest platinums. That’s an almost overwhelming number of collectibles. Gotta love trophies that require some real grinding 😉

render

colonelkilgore

@render @velio84 two great plats guys. I managed to get the Death Stranding one myself back on PS4, so I know the work that goes into that one. As for Returnal, I’ve heard all about how tough the plat can be. I’ll be playing it this year so I’ll be putting @velio84 on speed-dial for all my queries 😁

**** DLC!

render

@Keith_Zissou It's well worth chasing it, such a great game. I've got a few of the DLC missions that I didn't need to do to finish off all the trophies and they also added some extra deliveries which I've been chipping away at so I might do them as well. As it's been a while since I last played all my ziplines that I carefully constructed have eroded and are mostly unusable so I've been back to doing things the hard way. Trudging through the snow in the high mountains and trying not to fall over when may cargo is double the height of Sam is still quite fun.

render

render

@colonelkilgore Cheers 👍 and yeah I think @velio84 has now become the foremost expert on Returnal ciphers or the lack there of 😆

render

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Thanks! Yeah, if you're interested in the game, definitely check out its PS3 version. And steer clear of the sequel, for reasons various. Good luck tracking down a copy in decent condition, though, as all of Spidey's older games have been de-listed, so it's eBay or bust.

Congratulations on your Invizimals platinum there, too! Doesn't sound particularly memorable, but I do like it when I inadvertently get within a plat's striking distance regardless!

@render Much obliged, and equal congratulations for your own Death Stranding platinum, especially since it was second time around for you! Glad you enjoyed the experience so much!

@Keith_Zissou Thank you! Intensive, yes, but never difficult!

By the way, keep meaning to say that I love your Twin Peaks avatar! That's your second in a row, if I'm not mistaken. Am guessing you've been watching the show lately?

@velio84 Very nicely done with regards that Returnal platinum! In light of my recent collectathon, I think I'd have gone mad if everything had kept swapping locations, so I admire your persistence!

Making It So Since 1987

render

@Keith_Zissou Nice one 😀. I have Legend of Legends for all 500 of the original deliveries but those time sensitive ones did take me some work to do. The ziplines helped with quite a few of them but there were still a couple that I ended up using a vehicle for as they were just too big to be able to take in one go just carrying it. I tried one of the new time sensitive ones the other day and only got a B because it was from one side of the mountains to the other. There's the new road that has been added on the DC so I'm going to keep adding mats to that to see if that will help once that delivery comes up again.

Keep On Keeping On 👍

render

Thrillho

@Keith_Zissou @render Sticking the difficulty up from the start obviously helps (but it's a bit late for you both!) and ziplines are often the way to go.

Focusing on the deliveries with the heaviest loads is the best way of bumping up the score for the categories you're struggling with rather than doing loads of little ones. I seem to remember some timed ones that you had to take massive loads across the map in a track which really boosted the score. Similarly, huge loads bump up your facility ranking much quicker too.

Obvious in hindsight but it saves lots of time rather than doing small deliveries over and over.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic