Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 5,748

sorteddan

#96 now in the bag.
Islanders Console Edition.
Chill strategy game, only one trophy caused me repeated attempts to obtain. Whole thing done in around six hours.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

Congratulations to @Keith_Zissou and @Bentleyma- and @Thrillho for all those recent platinums, as well as double congratulations to @Sorteddan for their new pair!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Platinum #66 - Bastion - tricky little plat that fair play... wouldn’t go as fair as to say it was difficult but some ‘awkward’ parts for sure.

Decent game, took a while to gel with it but I ended up quite enjoying the home stretch and will quite look forward to playing SuperGiant’s other games in 2022. Great OST and voice acting in particular.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart platinum done and dusted. A really great game. Not too bad of a trophy list either. Probably the hardest was finding all the Craiggerbears. I missed one and had to look up a guide and even then had to do a little trial and error through a lot of the worlds.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

This thread rn;

Untitled

@Th3solution Rift Apart seems the same as many of the big hitter first party games (HZD, Spider-Man, TLOU2) in being very achievable without having to go too much out of your way. I hope you enjoyed the game though!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

One day I'll log on and not have to post congratulations in this topic...

...but not today! Well done, @colonelkilgore and @Th3solution (and bravo, the six other people who'll probably earn platinums before I'm back later, too)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Thanks, and I had been planning to do Demon’s Souls soon. I do have a couple straggling unfinished games I may try to tidy up first though. We’ll see.

@Thrillho I did enjoy it, very much so. I’m considering writing an actual review of the game, but I’ll have to see if the time and motivation hit me. Overall it’s a game that grew more enjoyable over time for me. And I have no complaints about the length, like many people do. It was a really fantastic experience.

@RogerRoger Thanks! I suspect my next platinum post will be a while. I’m not nearly the platinum machine that some of our fellow expert Push Squarians are. This is just number 33 for me.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Thanks...
Excelent. I will get back to it soon. Definately. Maybe. And yes like I said above going for #100 before 2022!

@Th3solution
Good job. That's one I'm looking forward to it I ever land a PS5!

@RogerRoger
...maybe, but not today because...

#97 just popped. Minit.
Yeah I kinda get the retro appeal of this but got stuck a few times and wasn't overly impressed with it.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger … and cheers Rog. Yeah this thread is all kinds a busy right now… as someone who loves the trophy hunt, I’m appreciating the current boom 😁

**** DLC!

Voltan

I'll probably be posting another plat tonight if all goes well 😎

Voltan

sorteddan

@Voltan
Pre-emptive Platinum Posting?!
Permissible☺

colonelkilgore

@Voltan @Sorteddan in that case I could literally take this to May 2025 when I pop the Bloodborne Remaster/Remake plat for #150! 🤣

**** DLC!

render

I do like it when a platinum pops without expecting it. Been playing Wreckfest just because well I found I quite enjoyed it and I had it from PS+ earlier in the year. It's a good chill out game for playing after other things (turns out that smashing up cars is a good way to let go of that stress of beating up or being beaten by bad guys!). Playing an online deathmatch and got wrecked for the 100th time to complete my trophy set, so basically I had to lose to win!

render

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Hey, 33 is still a solid number of platinums to be proud of. Not only that, but you're halfway to triggering the downfall of the Galactic Republic, so... um, yay?!

@Sorteddan This is exactly why I pre-empted some further congratulations earlier! I've already given enough out today, you're not getting any more!

(But in all seriousness, nicely done, particularly since you didn't love the game!)

@colonelkilgore I'm doing my best to contribute, honest! I've got three games currently on the go, and all of them appear to have relatively straightforward, achievable platinums, so give me a couple weeks and I'm confident that I'll be adding my own to the overall tally!

Because hey, if @Voltan can boast about as-yet-unearned platinums, then so can I, gosh darn it!

Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

Hey, I might’ve gotten a little ahead of myself but it wasn’t empty words!

Untitled

This was a nice long one. 78 hours total and less than a couple of them spent on what I’d consider an actual grind (as in: repeating the same battle for EXP). Can recommend.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan congratulations buddy, from reading your recent updates the feared post-game grind sounded like it was actually okay. I’ll be looking to swap this one into a slot early next year, all this talk has made me fancy giving my first Tales... a go 👍

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic