Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 5,729

Voltan

@colonelkilgore Yeah, in fact the 2 post game quests are one really long one with 6 boss battles in it and another that is just boss battles one after another They took about 5 or 6 hours that I originally expected to spend grinding and almost got me to the finish line.
I had to fight one of the bosses (as I found fighting regular enemies, even the high level ones, didn't grant me nearly enough EXP) a few more times to get the final few exp levels but it really wasn't too bad. Luckily these post game battles can basically be replayed at any time.
Much better trophy list design than Scarlet Nexus.

That's plat #32 btw

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

sorteddan

@Voltan
Fair play to ya, you did indeed back it up.

I promised myself earlier in the year that I wouldn't ever play another Tales game (after Beseria) but happy to know others still enjoy them.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Voltan

@Sorteddan Any particular reason for that? This was my first one and tbh I probably won't go back to the older ones but I'll keep an eye out for any future entries.

Voltan

sorteddan

@Voltan
Too many characters I didn't care about. Repetitive battles. Having to change equipment on all characters too often. Too many systems for me to keep track of. Constantly being bombarded with 'skits' which weren't interesting or amusing...
And it lasts too long. Way too long.

I'm fairly sure that I once enjoyed these epic JRPGs. But I fear I have left that in a previous gaming incarnation.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Voltan

@Sorteddan I see. There's definitely a lot of 'skits' in this one too and it definitely was pretty long - but as I don't play these games that much (this has been a record year for me with 2 jRPGs in it ), I didn't get the chance to be burnt out
Still, I see Final Fantasy as the gold standard for the genre and ToA wasn't quite there with the best of them (but still good!).

Voltan

IdkWhatMyUserShuldBe

Can someone who HASNT played Portal 2 co-op help me get a gold trophy in it on ps3? ill help u get some trophies if ya do! hit me up on discord: CreatorZP#9396

IdkWhatMyUserShuldBe

RogerRoger

colonelkilgore wrote:

@RogerRoger I’m sure that you’re all over it mate… good luck with those 3 btw 😉

Thank you! First one's going well enough, so fingers crossed.

Congratulations to @Voltan on that thirty-second platinum, and glad it was an enjoyable one!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

...And platinum number 98 just achieved for Jydge (PS4). Great game, only needed one trophy to complete all but it was for achieving so medals on nightmare difficulty so bad been put off attempting it for a while. Found some vids on YouTube which showed suggested setups which really helped me get it done.

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan Congratulations! You're so close to a hundred now! Any ideas what your next two will be from, or are you happy to wait 'til you naturally find the right games to platinum?

Got my fifty-seventh platinum from Terminator: Resistance Enhanced earlier this morning. Such a lovely list to work through; consistently generous but with a couple of cheeky bronze trophies that could easily be missed in passing. I found 'em without any guides, but I was being thorough!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@RogerRoger
Thanks.
Oh yes, I am fully aware of what comes next. 99 will be Knights & Bikes. Had been in my backlog for ages but should be achievable in a couple of days @<10hours.

And for 100... Well I scrolled to the bottom of the list the other day, wondering which was first plat I achieved and when. Turned out it was Lego Marvel Superheroes back on PS3 in 2014 (at least the first I got on current account - I had a previous PS3 that died that had never connected online so never synched with servers). Anyhow, as I just begun Lego DC Super -Villains it's seems amusingly fitting that 100 should be another Lego. But DC instead of Marvel, Villains replacing Heroes. Seems to make sense to me!

So that's the current quest for the next few days. And then I can get started on my PS5 backlog!
Happy days.

Congrats to you also. Always nice to pick up all in one go on a game you've enjoyed.

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan Well, this is a spooky coincidence! My first platinum was from LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, and it was also earned on a replacement PS3, after my first one broke and took my old, unconnected account with it! Just swap out Tony Stark for Anakin Skywalker and it's like looking in a mirror!

Best of luck with Knights & Bikes, and with LEGO DC Super Villains, which is a superb LEGO game, as well as just a decent game in general. Might take you a bit longer than a few days, mind, but I love the logic behind it being your one hundredth, so go for it, I say!

Oh, and thanks! Need to move on and grab another, though. Don't like being stuck on an odd number!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger @Sorteddan huzzah fellow hunters! May this platinum bounty never end!

Platinum #67 - Guardians of the Galaxy - really enjoyed it, a top tier product.

Platinum #68 - Donut County - coz I don’t like odds like Rog 😉

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore

Congratulations on both of those platinums, and well done for keeping things even! It's a shame there aren't more games like Donut County to help provide quick, easy plats more often. What did you make of it, if you don't mind me asking? I thought it was amusing, but it barely qualified as a game.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger I actually quite liked it… for what it was. It made me smile… and that was more than enough for the ridiculously low sale price that I’d picked it up for. This will undoubtedly be an unpopular opinion… but I enjoyed it more than both Telltale games that I’ve played so far. I know a lot of people really enjoy them but I honestly have to give maximum effort just to stay awake through them… but that wasn’t the case with Donut County.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore That's fair! Can totally understand that about Telltale games, particularly if you're not absolutely desperate to play them, or a diehard fan of whatever they happen to adapt. As you say, at least Donut County was amusing, and didn't outstay its welcome. It was the perfect length for what it was.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Platinum 69 - 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - Great game! Took me a while (most of my playthrough in fact) to fully appreciate it… but yeah what an epic sci-if tale… and the battle sections start to get really epic towards the end too. Nice trophy list too, most of which just pop as you play through the game.

I’d recommend it to everyone who is on the fence… but you need to commit to powering through some hours where you question your decision to have started it in the first place.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Good work once again colonel.
Guess it was the ending that swung it for you then, was surprised to see you give it a 'great game' after reading earlier impressions elsewhere but glad it clicked with you eventually.
I do like a good sci fi yarn so may keep it on my radar

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan thanks mate… yeah, I was going back and forth on it but I was really enjoying pretty much everything about it by the end. It’s crazy how much you ‘know’ each individual character by the time that you get to the big battles… and the fact that you can identify so strongly with them by that point adds so many emotional layers to the battles. It’s very clever.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore congrats! I’ll keep it on the back burner - well maybe the oven, or the refrigerator…what I mean is, I’ll be sure to return to it!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer I get you 😂… just save it for a time when you’re after something a little less intense (and a little more teenage angsty 😉).

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic