Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 5,748

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- So glad you enjoyed Batman: The Enemy Within there (and presumably, congratulations on earning its platinum, too)! It's a huge improvement over the first season, in every conceivable way, and its take on the Joker and his relationship with Batman was just... [chef's kiss] That last episode in particular, I was reeling. I really wanna replay it again someday!

@Thrillho Huge congratulations on the Death Stranding platinum!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Boodog

Just got the trophy in strive for defeating level 9 Nagoriyuki, never want to face him again

Boodog

RogerRoger

@Boodog Congratulations! Hopefully, with that trophy under your belt, you never will!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

Third platinum this week! Been on a Telltale binge.

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Did it run smoothly on PS4? Because I have that platinum thanks to the PS3 version and my goodness, it was a real struggle to get through at times. Almost comically bad performance issues, which was a shame, as I really enjoyed the story and characters.

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger It was perfectly playable, but not as smooth as you’d hope, especially because it’s not exactly taxing the PS4.

Bentleyma

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Ouch. That's a shame. Guess it took them a while to optimise that creaky ol' engine.

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@Bentleyma-
Good job.
Tales from Borderlands was my first telltale game and I was quite surprised how much I enjoyed it. Have played a couple more since... It's a nice short relaxing way to get another shiny plat for your self.
If I recall correctly I was slightly taken by surprise by the end battle. How'd you find it?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Thrillho

@Keith_Zissou Thanks, as I said in the game thread, I spent a lot of time during the game pushing for connecting all sites and getting 5* so the main post-game thing was getting the memory cards.

Good work on the TLOU2 plat though. Not an overly difficult one but still needs the dedication for the second partial run. It was much easier with the infinite ammo game modifier though, especially for Ellie with the assault rifle!

Thrillho

Bentleyma

@Sorteddan I liked the end battle for the most part, but I wasn’t a fan of who your capturer turned out to be.

Just got my 4th plat this week. Not an overly difficult one, but I had to do the multiplayer trophies on my own using my old phone.

Untitled

I’m a big fan of this game. I really enjoyed it.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

sorteddan

Platinum #95 just obtained. PGA Tour 2k21.
Relatively easy but slightly time consuming. Think I'll now hang up my clubs and retire the Sri Lankan legend Shonky McBogey. Was first plat in more than a month so hopefully can increase the tempo now and looking for 100th before the new year, I'll keep you all updated on here.

@Bentleyma-
4 in a week. Good grief! You're making the rest of us look bad!

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

@Keith_Zissou
Congrats on your latest. Seems almost universally praised so may have to keep it on my mental wishlist. Did it have any online stuff like the remastered first game? That kind of put me off chasing completion.

The_Moose

Hi all. I'm currently doing my first run in Easy difficulty for Dead Space 2. Up to chapter 8 in three sessions and I feel confident about how quick it can be done. I'm going for the Hardcore trophy but would anyone recommend doing Zealot before or after? I know you get the hand cannon for completing Hardcore which I think would come in handy for the Zealot difficulty which I've read is harder. Any thoughts?

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

Thrillho

Good work @Bentleyma- @Sorteddan on even more plats.

And it’s +1 for me with the shiny for Guacamelee

Untitled

Only four years since I first completed the game!

Thrillho

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore Going straight in on hard mode wasn’t such a shock as it was coming from normal difficulty (it’s mostly just the enemies hit a lot harder) and there were a few of those lock in fights that took me a few goes but yeah, I really enjoyed it again.

I forgot just how quickly you unlocked abilities though and the whole run, not bothering with 100%ing areas etc and getting the “bad” ending, was only around 7 hours.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho nice, just a couple of sessions then. I used a code to unlock Hard from the start so I only had to do the one playthrough. It being the first metroidvania I’ve played, I did find certain areas tricky but it wasn’t too bad to be fair.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore Yeah, it would've been a pain to need to do two runs, one of which would need all the challenges and orbs. I think my original run was about 12 hours and I think the sequel was similar in being close to doubling the game time to get the good ending.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic